Trip Report Orlando Calling...yes, I was "there" too...Part 2!!

the clash GIF

Orlando calling to the faraway towns..
Now a vacation is declared and we come down..
Orlando calling and I don't want to shout...
But while we were driving, I saw you nodding out
Orlando calling, and the Disney World..
Come out of the house, you 4 boys and 1 girl..
Orlando calling to our 2 bedroom resort...
Now that I'm home, the trip I report...

I never felt so much alike, alike, alike, alike

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Nutshell: lots of screaming, whining and "are we there yets"
When my son was still car seat age, we were going to the shore. We live outside of Pittsburgh, so an 8 hour drive ahead of us.
We get in the car at 4 am, manage to get him into his car seat sleeping. We stop at the end of the driveway to put something in the mail box and he wakes up.
Yep, "are we there yet?"!!!:banghead:

TheMouseFan

Yay! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We recently drove from Ohio to Florida and it's much better now that the kids are older. We left in the middle of the night and all three of them slept most of the way down and were listening to their own music when they were awake! Made for a quiet trip for the two of us up front!

Billy6

Original Poster
On the drive, Kaiden's favorite cry was "I want to be in Florida, now!"...

Yes so did we!!

The plan was to stay the night in Ocala, so we'd wake up in Florida and be to our resort mid day rather than traveling most of the day. Can't miss the resort time!

Around 7 or so, we made it to Ocala. A pretty standard rest of the drive though GA...

1656384167290.png

We had promised the boys another dip in the pool which was indoors at the SpringHill suites. After a lil Steak n Shake, it was time to swim...
1656384399679.png

When done, we shuffled to the room around, got our things ready for the next day and went to bed...The longest leg of the trip was done...

Next morning, with only about an hour and a half drive to the Orlando area, we planned a breakfast at Wilderness Lodge, Whispering Canyon Café... Chef Mickey's was booked and WCC is one of my faves, so we grabbed it. Before we left we grabbed some fruit and to go things from the hotel breakfast to tide us over until the pig out...

Boys ready for it!!
1656384745025.png

Side note: for the Parents with littles that need a car seat(Jace is now 11mths), this seat is the Bee's knees. Its a 360 rotating seat that makes getting in/out of the van super duper(@Darstarr) easy...Helps when you need to give things to him or take pictures like this..;)

Before we knew it.....

1656384927321.png

1656384935382.png

erstwo

I bet you saw Covenant College on top of the hill near Chattanooga.

ETA - such a bummer about the I-Pass not working with Peachpass yet. We have both I-Pass and SunPass so I guess we've always relied on SunPass reciprocal, but I could have sworn the last time we went through ATL, the sign said they were reciprocal with EZ. If you'd have asked me, I would have said you could use it. Hopefully, I didn't tell anyone the wrong thing in the past couple of months! :eek:

Looking forward to more trip report!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Side note: for the Parents with littles that need a car seat(Jace is now 11mths), this seat is the Bee's knees. Its a 360 rotating seat that makes getting in/out of the van super duper(@Darstarr) easy...

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Getting my little one into her car seat is currently the most terrible thing you could ever make her do. That rotation feature sounds amazing right about now.

Billy6

Original Poster
I bet you saw Covenant College on top of the hill near Chattanooga.

ETA - such a bummer about the I-Pass not working with Peachpass yet. We have both I-Pass and SunPass so I guess we've always relied on SunPass reciprocal, but I could have sworn the last time we went through ATL, the sign said they were reciprocal with EZ. If you'd have asked me, I would have said you could use it. Hopefully, I didn't tell anyone the wrong thing in the past couple of months! :eek:

Looking forward to more trip report!
Oh I scoured the internet and EZ(IL Ipass) wasn't on the list yet. 100% works in FL on Turnpike and Beachline tolls...Could have saved us about 30 min both ways, coming home wasn't as bad as going down,

So that's a college up there??

Billy6

Original Poster
Yay! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We recently drove from Ohio to Florida and it's much better now that the kids are older. We left in the middle of the night and all three of them slept most of the way down and were listening to their own music when they were awake! Made for a quiet trip for the two of us up front!
Looks like we just missed you! I commented on your trip!

I missed a few Magicians it seems! 😭

Billy6

Original Poster
Got to WL a tad early based on my 85mph driving thru Central Florida...

Boy were we hungry...

1656509375522.png

Don't tell the wife I posted this picture...

1656509401712.png

The place was packed and tables were turning over all morning... I texted @Darstarr that it really felt normal...was a great feeling.

Funny story on this next photo, the table behind wife had just gotten the ketchup treatment. Our server came over and asked if we needed any..."Nope...I am good" He asked, "what are you going to put on your eggs?" to which I replied "More gravy"...

He was stunned...He left the table and came back with 2 more bowls of gravy and eggs for me. And, less fanfare! Plus Heather could have just reached over and no one would have noticed!!

1656509574402.png

With tummies full and wallet empty, we headed over to the shop so the kids can scope out some new toys to use their money with.

We recently sold our DVC membership while awaiting Jace to be born(more mouths to feed), and Copper Creek was our home resort, so it was bittersweet to be back there after...We took a quick walk around and then departed for our resort...

1656510154495.png

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
A short drive back down Eye-Four and we were at our resort...

As I mentioned, Marriott Harbour Lake is an excellent, family friendly resort just 2 minutes from Sea World, off CF Parkway.

Check in was good and room was ready early for us...Score. I fought off the time share sales people and headed up. Preferred building and level achieved...

I threw some stock pics because I didn't get any of more of the lay out before Heather yelled at me to get all the bags in...

Tongue Out GIF by MOODMAN

1656525990988.png

1656526009737.png

1656526026945.png

Jace loved it!!

1656526245196.png

1656526060731.png

1656525937239.png

1656525963372.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom