Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

Brian

Parks is very anti-WFH. I expect that much of DMED will be WFH or Hybrid long term, but not DPEP.
From what I've heard, DPEP is losing a small but noticeable amount of good talent as a result during the so called "great resignation." Many had gotten a taste of the work-life balance that WFH affords, and have been willing to take their talents elsewhere to be able to regain it.

CaptainAmerica

From what I've heard, DPEP is losing a small but noticeable amount of good talent as a result during the so called "great resignation." Many had gotten a taste of the work-life balance that WFH affords, and have been willing to take their talents elsewhere to be able to regain it.
And that'll happen. But I feel VERY strongly that collaboration suffers on remote teams, especially in creative functions.

pharmd

Does anyone know the progress on the new campus? It’s a new build so I was wondering how far along they are in the construction.

The site is apparently located at the coordinates below.
(28.3703044, -81.2868692)

I live in the area. Nothing there yet. It's gonna be a long while I think.

Anyone who wants to move to area, lots of new builds coming around. Original Laureate Park is pretty much done, laureate Park 2 which is below the original is starting now. I would also check out Sunbridge Weslyn Park. If it was up to me, those would be my top 2 local places to build a new home.

Comped

Imagineering in particular - some senior Imagineers have been open about the fact they didn't want to more to Lake Nona, others have been more quiet about it. But it's certainly not unheard of, in fact more common than I would have expected, throughout the entire division. We're likely to see a lot of consultancies start up over the next year and see the design firms on the west coast suddenly get some formerly great talent in many respects.

Lilofan

Affected imagineers have been given a familiarization trip for a trip to see WDW and Lake Nona on the company’s dime. Feedback has ranged from really excited about the opportunity, lack of traffic, cost of living etc. to leaving the company over the move. All affected imagineers are expected to provide an answer about whether they’ll be moving or resign by 5pm on 12/7.
I saw this in the DLR threads so one last incentive to "seal the deal" or face being unemployed.

pharmd

Does anyone know the progress on the new campus? It’s a new build so I was wondering how far along they are in the construction.

The site is apparently located at the coordinates below.
(28.3703044, -81.2868692)

Hmmm. I guess I was mistaken. Definitely started doing stuff on the Campus Grounds.

Attachments

• P_20211212_123030.jpg
    P_20211212_123030.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 83
  • P_20211212_122838.jpg
    P_20211212_122838.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 87
  • P_20211212_122934.jpg
    P_20211212_122934.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 81
  • P_20211212_123025.jpg
    P_20211212_123025.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P_20211212_123019.jpg
    P_20211212_123019.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 94

Ayla

I'm about as far from a Disney apologist as one can get (LOL, right?), but in this specific instance, Disney is not in the wrong. (I understand the underlying issues with relocating and the crappy way Disney went about it.)

He didn't give an answer within the 90 day timeframe, so Disney assumed he wasn't interested in moving. This one is all on him.

ImperfectPixie

I don't think that was the point.
Not only that...it seemed that HR may have skipped a step? I could be missing something, but weren't the employees supposed to get notice during those three months? And with not keeping them employed for 3 years like originally said?

ImperfectPixie

I'm about as far from a Disney apologist as one can get (LOL, right?), but in this specific instance, Disney is not in the wrong. (I understand the underlying issues with relocating and the crappy way Disney went about it.)

He didn't give an answer within the 90 day timeframe, so Disney assumed he wasn't interested in moving. This one is all on him.
I'm thinking this is the big issue:

Not only that...it seemed that HR may have skipped a step? I could be missing something, but weren't the employees supposed to get notice during those three months? And *** with not keeping them employed for 3 years like originally said?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom