Original Map of AK including Beastly Kingdom

james4023464

Original Poster
Hey guys look what I found, it's the original map of Animal Kingdom, including Beastly Kingdom, it's at a different angle then when you usally see the map.:D

Attachments

• ak map.jpg
    ak map.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 712

bamboo7

Originally posted by james4023464
Hey guys look what I found, it's the original map of Animal Kingdom, including Beastly Kingdom, it's at a different angle then when you usally see the map.:D

nice. would it be possable to see a larger, more detailed version of that, or is that the original size?

Justin

I think thats already where it is. Im not sure if they will even replace the Camp Minnie & Mickey? R they going to do that?

I cant even find out how Beastly Kingdom would be in place. It looks like it would have to be a triangular area cause near the stalls and shops there r paths and it seems like there wouldn't be much space.

james4023464

Original Poster
Re: Re: Original Map of AK including Beastly Kingdom

Originally posted by bamboo7

nice. would it be possable to see a larger, more detailed version of that, or is that the original size?
no that was the original size

james4023464

Original Poster
Originally posted by bvolguards
very cool map....where did u find it?
go to vivisimo.com, its a search engine, and then type Beastly Kingdom, and it will give you a bunch of cool sites on BK:D

djmatthews

OK. That concept art image is in the Disney Magazine 25th Anniversary edition, the picture is small though, I dont think it'll help if I re-scan this one.

But an interesting quote from the text is.... "In a land of Audio-Animotronics dinosaurs, you'll take a thrill ride into the past. And a fantasy arena brings to life dragons, unicorns, perhaps even a heffalump or two."

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Just a note about the map.....I read in "The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom", that the master plan artwork (that has been posted) was based on the park being fully developed, 20 years after opening. If this info holds true, we've still got 15 years to see an AK looking like the artwork. If you notice, there is no Camp M/M in the rendering (it was conceived after the original design) where Beastly Kingdom resides, so we can probably see many changes made concerning the master plan as the years go by.

CAPTAIN HOOK

An interesting map - BK is where camp M/M is at present.

Will BK ever become reality - still it gives us plenty to talk about while the rumours fly :veryconfu

Terp02

Ok, I did a search on vivisimo.com and found this article from the Orlando Business Journal from last August. Here's the part that pertains to the Disney/BK:

"Once again, there are hints that Walt Disney World might be ready to begin work on Beastly Kingdom -- a planned, but never built, section of Animal Kingdom.

For those who don't remember, Beastly Kingdom would explore mythological animals, such as dragons and unicorns. Plans called for a large roller coaster, as opposed to the tamer, family-friendly coasters slated for Disney's Dinoland.

Three years after Animal Kingdom opened -- and not a unicorn in sight -- you could hardly blame some for believing that the real myth was Beastly Kingdom, as speculation bounced it back on the drawing boards, then off the drawing boards, then on again.

That's why word that something big is planned in 2004 for Animal Kingdom has brought back beastly rumors.

Walt Disney World's president, Al Weiss, told cast members the Disney team is designing an "E-ticket" attraction and a new "land" -- similar to the Asia and Africa continents already represented -- for Animal Kingdom that would open in three years.

The comments were confirmed by Paul Pressler, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, in an interview with Laughingplace.com.

Currently, Animal Kingdom is adding a new section to Dinoland with the new family roller coasters and a carnival area, but that's scheduled to open in 2003. Besides, they don't include an E-ticket attraction. For those who don't remember, E-tickets were used for only Disney's best work.

Of course, Pressler wouldn't elaborate. Neither will Disney officials.

Internationally speaking. In the mix with that expansion news, Pressler also cast a shadow of doubt on plans for a fifth park in Central Florida.

'The answer is yes,' Pressler says. 'The question is whether or not it will occur in Al's lifetime or mine. I think we would probably have to see significant growth in international tourism to justify a fifth park in Orlando.'"

So it seems that Dino-rama was completed a year earlier than expected, unless the "Excavator" comes to life within the next year or so. This could also mean Australia is the other land that is being built, but I would hope that BK is what will be built. And if this article is accurate it could happen in two years, but if they actually go through with it, I give them at least 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom