Order of importance ADR - strategizing

DisneyfanMA

The ADRs are a hot mess today (unless its just me) both the app and desktop. I tried from home internet and mobile connection and its frozen or struggling to go through when confirming.

RememberWhen

I was recently planning for a large group as well and noticed that one day I could make multiple reservations in my name, a few days later (I had signed up for alerts with a reservation finder) I couldn’t make more than 1 without getting an error message about overlapping reservations. MDE said I had to choose only one.

Not sure if it has always been this way and I lucked out reserving the bulk of my reservations when the system was experiencing a glitch, or if this is a new thing.
I noticed this when making reservations for our August trip. Unexpectedly I was able to make a couple of reservations under my name at the same time. Typically, when making multiple reservations for the same day and time, I’ve always advised making the last reservation under your own name as the system won’t allow for making multiple reservations under your name and if you are logged in and listed on a reservation it won’t let you make a new one at the same time, even if you’re planning to put it under a different name. We’ve done lots of large group trips so I’ve had a fair amount of practice making multiple reservations for different groups at the same time. I was surprised to be able to make a couple of space220 reservations at the same time, under my name. We didn’t end up keeping those, so I don’t know if the system would have been cranky about it eventually.

LindsayW

Original Poster
How did it go booking your dining reservations? Were you able to get what you wanted? Hope you were successful.
Thanks for asking!
It went miserably at first 😂
We had booked a partner hotel and while the app recognized days 60-66 it would not allow me to book anything past 60 days.
It would let me try and then tell me no reservations were available.
I went back to bed and called Disney about 9 am EST. I got the run around for about an hour (spoke w 7 cast members)
On the last CM they put in a ticket for a call back promising they would expedite it since I SHOULD have been able to book on my own. The call back came while he was wrapping up our call.
A Disney Angel returned the call and we spent an hour booking all preferred dining for all 16 members of my party. Some were at times different than I would have wished but I’m good with it. We got what we wanted and she was an absolute dream come true!

DisneyfanMA

Thanks for asking!
It went miserably at first 😂
We had booked a partner hotel and while the app recognized days 60-66 it would not allow me to book anything past 60 days.
It would let me try and then tell me no reservations were available.
I went back to bed and called Disney about 9 am EST. I got the run around for about an hour (spoke w 7 cast members)
On the last CM they put in a ticket for a call back promising they would expedite it since I SHOULD have been able to book on my own. The call back came while he was wrapping up our call.
A Disney Angel returned the call and we spent an hour booking all preferred dining for all 16 members of my party. Some were at times different than I would have wished but I’m good with it. We got what we wanted and she was an absolute dream come true!

I would imagine in extenuating circumstances and if you're persistent enough to get a live person, they can probably override the usual process and hand pick spots for you. I'm sure they hold spots back for that type of reason, etc. And the right Disney CM can probably see canceled reservations/open tables that aren't posted yet. Congrats and enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom