orange lake resort, FL

Disneyhead'71

Hello im new here

What can you guys tell me about orange lake resort

Im staying from january 13-20, 2017
We stayed there once several years ago. We enjoyed our stay. Great pool area with the lazy river. There is some good, reasonable food close by as well as a Target. I highly recommend the Shula Burger in the Target plaza.

cmoliver68

We are owners there. It is a huge property made up of 4 villages so unless you are lucky plan to drive to a pool if you plan to use one. It is more like a condo neighborhood than hotel style. There are free shuttles that run through the property that can get you to the main areas. As far as location, it is pretty far west of Disney so it is quieter but there are still plenty of things around. If you are driving to parks you can actually take a back way to get on property via Black Lake Rd and you will be at Animal Kingdom in about 5 minutes. Last time we were there we stayed in one of the East Village towers and could see the fireworks at DHS clearly and also the peak of EE.

jlsHouston

We stayed there for a few nights in October of 2016. Really nice large 2 bedroom. The big pool was a quite a ways away. We didn't have much traffic driving into Disney a couple of days for EPCOT F&W. I doubt I would stay there again because all it really reinforced for me was I prefer the bubble over space or costs, but it is a nice resort for those that prefer off-site.

BigRedDad

Its hard to find consistent information on this resort. I will be there in 4 weeks. I cannot wait. We are done with the 100% Disney vacations. We buy APs so we can take multiple trips down which saves money. It allows us to stay offsite to save a ton. We have 1 week booked in a 1BR at WBC (06/17 - 06/24) for $560 and a 2BR villa at Orange Lake (06/23 - 06/30) for $659 for the week. The best pricing on go onsite for just that first week was almost $1,100 at a 250sf Value resort studio. I am paying about $100 more for more than 2x the space and twice as long. When we go back in December, we will have to see if we are driving. If we drive, we stay offsite. If we fly, we will stay onsite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom