Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

Playing with Sunset's layout. @Pionmycake was correct - the Disneyland Indy and Soarin' both can fit in Sunset!
enhance

The path to Fantasmic now has park elements along the way - this path will resemble a residential Hollywood Hills street winding through the lush canyons amidst Griffith. Haven't touched the quick service stuff or anything near RnRC, except for this Magic Mansion table service restaurant idea. Everything else (cutting the South Seas Club) fits on the other side.

D Hulk

So question for the Hollywood Hills day show. Should the Fantasmic fountains be used or should everything but the live actors and stage lifts be saved for Fantasmic?
I say we use the fountains for daytime too, so that we can do stuff like this:
footlight-parade-33-busby-berkeley-2a.jpg

primary_EB19671113PEOPLE100409997AR.jpg

Yeah, I know Great Movie Ride covered this specific musical. Still, taking inspiration from Busby Berkeley and others could be a fun way to get more classic Hollywood feel into the show...if you're so inclined.

mickeyfan5534

What will be the daytime show? Hercules would be cool! Just imagine Go the Distance in the rocks! Oh, I would pay to see that! :D
A Remember the Magic type show. A whole bunch of IPs all thrown in together. I do actually want to do a Go the Distance segment.

Yeah, I know Great Movie Ride covered this specific musical. Still, taking inspiration from Busby Berkeley and others could be a fun way to get more classic Hollywood feel into the show...if you're so inclined.
How far are we with fountain tech in 2001? Can we have fountains that can move like World of Color or am I stuck with stationary fountains.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

I think I miss this attraction the most:( -- Runaway Railway has a lot to live up to

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That looks fantastic! For someone who say you don't have much experience with art you could totally full me

Gangster EMV progress. First, tentative name:

GANGSTER PATROL
Join "Private Eye Name TBD" in a battle against crimelord Mr. Boss and his gangsters in the seedy Prohibition Era big city.

Exterior show building (boxy Indy building) hidden as much as possibly behind Hollywood Hills berms and mansion facades. Exterior queue and entrance are through a replica of Wright's Ennis House (which sits just under the shadow of Griffith Observatory in real life). This is the P.I.'s home, full of tools and props of his work.

Queue passes through an underground speakeasy cellar tunnel, a transition to the nighttime noir world. Pre-show in a private screening room, which shows a newsreel about Mr. Boss' gang and their planned museum heist, and P.I.'s coupes (with front-mounted cannons) to intercept them.

Through back alley queue in the city, into P.I.'s classic gumshoe office, then to loading in a garage much like Capone's in Chicago.

Ride passes to neon streets under a roaring El Train track, then up a seedy alleyway towards the art museum. Listening to police scanner radio tracking the location of Mr. Boss and his men. The museum wall explodes. Police chatter erupts. We swerve in pursuit.

Down city streets, with a distant forced perspective downtown skyline complete with searchlights - very noir. Police cars pursue on distant roads, but we have a shortcut to the docks where Mr. Boss keeps his hideout.

The car pauses before a dock panorama, with warehouses and piers and a big riveted steel bridge and a cargo ship beyond. Plan to ship the stolen artwork abroad!

Turning left silently into the dock hideout when AA gangsters pop up from crates and open fire with tommy guns. The chase is on! Back outside, but gunfire explodes trash cans; lids fly.

Swerving into a cargo container, which seals. Gangsters outside fire, bulletholes in the steel forming shafts of light. We hear a ship's crane outside lifting the container with us inside. The coupe's dashboard cannon fires (and enters cool-down mode), opening an escape hole.

Car leaps out onto the bridge before the ship. The crane tries to attack us, swinging around the container.

We speed into an oil refinery field (shades of Cagney's White Heat) pursuing Mr. Boss in his truck, with gangsters firing back. Oil explosions! We dodge the truck and rush down the pier straight into the cargo ship's hold.

Inside, through the engine room. The coupe's frame shatters machinery, disabling the ship. Shadows of gangsters upstairs react and open fire.

Racing outside along the foggy seashore, gunfire and searchlights from above. We dodge, turning into a drain pipe.

The coupe idles inside a watery cistern. Sounds of manholes opened above, and gangster silhouettes populate the concrete walls. Dynamite sticks drop down and we speed away, with explosions heard behind with light.

The coupe escapes onto an electrified underground subway track. Headlights close in from behind! We speed forward, outrunning an unseen subway train, and dive into a side tunnel to safety.

Darkness. Headlights turn on ahead. It's Mr. Boss' truck zooming directly at us! Mr. Boss at the wheel. We zoom forward, playing chicken, and the coupe's cannon is charged again. It fires, shattering Mr. Boss' truck.

The coupe dives down away from the destruction, through darkness, and swerves to a stop amidst many parked vintage police cruisers. Ahead, an AA Mr. Boss is loaded into a paddy wagon. The police congratulate us over the radio as we return to the P.I.'s garage to unload.

Thoughts? And changes before I proceed later with a full write-up?
Love it! Another home run for D!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Playing with Sunset's layout. @Pionmycake was correct - the Disneyland Indy and Soarin' both can fit in Sunset!
enhance

The path to Fantasmic now has park elements along the way - this path will resemble a residential Hollywood Hills street winding through the lush canyons amidst Griffith. Haven't touched the quick service stuff or anything near RnRC, except for this Magic Mansion table service restaurant idea. Everything else (cutting the South Seas Club) fits on the other side.

Love it! Looks great to me. Here's one thought, instead of adding the jazz club and/or speak easy restaurant we were talking about too, what if we just put Oswald as a part of Magic Mansion. Have him be both the magician and the rabbit pulled out of the hat lol.

Or not, just a passing thought. @D Hindley @pixie_princess @everyone what do you think of Oswald's Magic Mansion?

@mickeyfan5534 I am loving the Fantasmic daytime show ideas so far! Go crazy with fountains and whatever! I had a $100 M budget in our list for the theater and the two shows in it. That should be plenty for nearly any idea you have!

D Hulk

Today I'll be doing some artwork on the park-wide map. Some questions for other land creators...

@DisneyFan18, I have a decent handle on how Star Wars will look, but if you have any input then offer away.

@AceAstro, the Muppet area. Please repost map so I can properly draw the new layout. What does the exterior of Great Muppet Movie Ride look like?

@FigmentPigments, beyond retheming the Animation Courtyard buildings to resemble the old Hyperion Studio, I don't know many specifics about the Maroon Studios layout. You have all the space which RnRC takes up. Would love a simple map to work from if possible.

Thanks everyone! :D

D Hulk

Today I'll be doing some artwork on the park-wide map. Some questions for other land creators...

@DisneyFan18, I have a decent handle on how Star Wars will look, but if you have any input then offer away.

@AceAstro, the Muppet area. Please repost map so I can properly draw the new layout. What does the exterior of Great Muppet Movie Ride look like?

@FigmentPigments, beyond retheming the Animation Courtyard buildings to resemble the old Hyperion Studio, I don't know many specifics about the Maroon Studios layout. You have all the space which RnRC takes up. Would love a simple map to work from if possible.

Thanks everyone! :D
Also,@Pionmycake, if you have any ideas for the Warehouse of Wonders exterior look, share 'em.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom