Opinions on Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

sublimesting

Original Poster
At Universal this year we were considering eating at Toothsome. We were there last year during a soft opening but didn't east there. But the concept and theming were quite intriguing. Also, I think the menu looks quite tasty.

JoeCamel

At Universal this year we were considering eating at Toothsome. We were there last year during a soft opening but didn't east there. But the concept and theming were quite intriguing. Also, I think the menu looks quite tasty.
It is! Go hungry, the portions are huge. You can do appetizers if you are not real hungry or split a milkshake. The shakes can be had without getting seated.

disneygeek90

The flatbreads are outstanding and reasonably priced. Also try the chocolate bread appetizer. It's literally like $3 and absolutely worth it. It's a pretty big size too. Every time I've gone there's been a decent wait, so go ahead with that in mind. They will text you when your table is ready so you can go walk around city walk/grab a drink while you wait.

trr1

Good place to eat, very busy though. It is worth it to go there.
we went at 11-12 am before the lunch rush. We walked right in and were seated and both Jock and Professor Toothsome were greeting tables. food is excellent

danpam1024

it was ok, but we went when it opened and waited almost 3 hours. Honestly I would have eaten my arm by then. We went back a few days later for desserts only and those were DELICIOUS. We haven't given it another shot simply because there are SO MANY good choices in CW and the hotels.

sublimesting

Original Poster
So, what is everyone's favorite restaurants?

We eat at Mythos usually twice. Always hit Lombard's. Finnegans is really good too (Scotch Eggs). Ate at Three Broomsticks and Leaky Caludron. Although they were good I felt the food was more akin to counter service fare and slightly less good.

captainkidd

Broomsticks and cauldron are counter service. The best counter service in Orlando IMO. Outside of those two- universal's quick service is the worst in Orlando. ;)

I think Universal quick service is much better than Disney's. Circus Magerkus, Thunder Falls, Monster Cafe, Fast Food Boulevard, Louies, all serve above average fast food. It's all overpriced, but it's a theme park.

nerdboyrockstar

I loved the food here on my visit. I tried the chocolate Old Fashioned, chocolate stout wings, chocolate almond bread with salted caramel butter, and a cinnamon fantasy milkshake. All delicious! Excited for my second visit soon.

UpAllNight

We all loved it but felt fat as heck coming out and wobbling our way back down City Walk. Highly memorable experience in my opinion.

matt clark

It depends on what you get off the menu, but the majority of it is rather tasty. Personally I like NBC and hard rock cafe a lot more... but its Firmly in my top 3. I only like the nachos from jimmy buffets and i LOVE the wings from Marley's, but theres not much else at either of those I like. I feel like NBC and Hard Rock have better chicken based items, but the waffles etc. at Toothsome is GREAT. I like going in and putting my name in... then going and getting a shake and having a seat. Ive been called shortly after I finished my shake and actually called a few times BEFORE I finished them. Ive never waited longer than a half hour to be seated. Most of the times I have gone, ive had GREAT service.... the time when I had BAD service it was honestly turned decent. I got the chicken breast and it had a LOT of small hairs in it.... like 6.. but i feel thats a lot. Eye lashes etc. The waitress came back and CLAIMED that the manager said they werent hairs, but pieces from the outside of an ear of corn... oddest thing I had ever heard... could have been true for all I know, but they boxed up an entire new order for me to take home with me since I was ready to go. I just felt like if they were going to give me another dish anyways it really didnt need to come along with an excuse. I also feel like the manager could have came himself to explain instead of passing the message along. It really didnt bother me THAT much though.

Glasgow

Thoroughly enjoyed it - fun place to eat, pretty good dinner, great dessert. We'll def be going back this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom