Opinions on Saratoga Springs...

lifeguard1020

Okay...First the story, then the question...
My family have been DVC members ever since it was first avail. for us to purchase here in Illinois...we bought into the Old Key West...And we've stayed there every year ever since...We absolutely love the place...However, this years trip (July 7-16 or so) ran into a scheduling snafu...so, we had to move our reservation to Saratoga Springs...I've never actually seen it...Okay, now the question...How would you all say that it compares...what are your opinions of the place...We love the Bus system...how well does that work there as compared to OKW...How do the rooms compare...What about pools and places to eat...the general store...
Wow...that was more questions than I thought I had! One more anyways...what about internet access??? I'd always dialed up through the data port at OKW...Has Disney jumped on the high speed in the rooms thing yet???

Any help from all of you who are at WDW more often that I am would be fantastic...thanks in advance!!

Dan

dvcnut39

We only walked through SSR. My parents stayed at SSR for two nights last DEC and loved it. On site, I believe there is only one restaurant, but you have Downtown Disney just a short walk/boat ride away. The pool is very nice, just much smaller than it looks in pictures.

Upvote 0

lifeguard1020

Original Poster
Now I've Got More Questions...

Okay...a few more to throw at everyone...
I was wondering what buildings people prefer...When we stay at OKW we always request buildings 17-19...we just like them...they're really close to the bus stop and the little pool as well as the general store...
So...does anyone know what buildings are close to a bus stop at Saratoga Springs? Or the Main Building?
Does anyone have a scan of a map of the resort...we requested one from Disney when we made our reservation, but they just told us no...
Any help would be fantastic...
Thank you, so much...

Dan

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

SSR is a beautiful resort. I will try to answer most of your questions the best I can.

Food: Theere is one restaurant called Artist's Palette. It is not a formal sit down restaurant, but they have nice choices for all meals. The best part of SSR is that you can walk to DTD in less than 5 minutes for a choice of many great restaurants.

Store: SSR has a general store that carries most needs.

Location: Congress Park is located directly accross from DTD and has the shortest walk to DTD, but the Springs has the shorter walk to the store and Artist's Palette.

Bussing: The bussing was great when we were there in December, but on Congress park was open at that time so there were not that many guests. Another nice thing about bussing is if you go to another resort for brekfast or dinner, you can just walk over to the DTD bus stop instead of going to a park to transfer.

Overall, it is a great resort and you will enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom