Opinions on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (Poll)

What would you want Disney to do with Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 234 62.6%
  • Re-theme it with a new band

Votes: 46 12.3%
  • Re-theme it with an IP

Votes: 71 19.0%
  • Don’t care/Not ever riding it anyway

Votes: 23 6.1%

• Total voters

WDWVolFan

Based on some conversations I’ve seen here, people seem to have vastly different opinions when it comes to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: Starring Aerosmith. Some people want to see it be re-themed to properties such as Monster’s Inc. or The Incredibles. Others want to see it redone with a new band in the spotlight. Finally, others think it is fine as it is and is not in any major need of getting an upgrade.

Personally, I think the ride is fine as it is, and especially considering the shortage of rides at DHS, I don’t think an update should be a priority at the moment. Some years down the line, my opinion may change.

What are your opinions on RNRC? Do you think it should be changed or are you content with how it is now?

Re-theme it with a new band or multiple bands. Every car has a different band...Aerosmith, Guns n'Roses, Queen, etc.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I think the story works so well and is a perfect fit in that park. Never remove that Fender Stratocaster! I'd prefer they only update the que but keep the concept intact.

Maybe dated a bit with Aerosmith but they're legendary and will always lend authenticity to a rock experience. They walked the line.

Kevin_W

I voted "don't care". Not because we wont ride it (we really enjoy the ride!), but becasue I'd be fine either way. I wouldn't mind it updated to soemthing else, but it works fine as is. And in a world of limited capital budgets, the $$ would probably be better spent somewhere else.

michmickey

I think Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is such a nostalgic ride for so many of us that we wouldn't want to see it changed (at least not right now). I think the music is boppin' and it's nice to feel connected to the old Hollywood Studios. Also, it is a staple of Hollywood Studios and I think it would difficult to replace or re-them without a lot of uproar. What new band would they even use?

DKampy

I think Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is such a nostalgic ride for so many of us that we wouldn't want to see it changed (at least not right now). I think the music is boppin' and it's nice to feel connected to the old Hollywood Studios. Also, it is a staple of Hollywood Studios and I think it would difficult to replace or re-them without a lot of uproar. What new band would they even use?

I Think Queen would work....they been having a renaissance lately and I have a feeling the living band members would be easy to convince with money involved...could maybe theme it to early 80's so as to involve Freddy Mercury...would be more timeless then as it is a place in time

Rosanne

If they want to capture their younger riders maybe they could do a medley of bands. Classic Rock, 80/90's and today. That would keep everyone happy. The ride is called "Rock & Roll" it doesnt name any one band.

Goofy213

Why not use Fall Out Boy? Fhey did a song for Big Hero 6 and is one of themore popular rock bands today with a multitude of hits. You could even have a Baymax tie in somewhere on the ride.

dr_seeker

Give it a new band and the Vekoma trains that Space Mountain in Paris got

1580085046055.png

WDWTank

It’s already awesome and timeless, why is this thread even here? I wouldn’t mind if the Gravity Building portion got new scenery and theming though.

Hank Hill

My only complaint about this ride is how short it is. I am fine with the theme. If they switched bands, I don't see how they would make it any different really. They would need a preshow to explain the ride, then they would keep the alley type theme I would bet. Then you go fast enough that you wouldn't see much during the ride to make more theme along the track a big deal while riding. I don't see how doing that would really make the experience all that much better, other than being fun because it feels new, but would feel stale again after a short while. Just keep it as is unless they are going to make a whole new ride.

TotallyBiased

I enjoy it as is, personally. The neon signs and stuff are... eh but it's a fun ride with Aerosmith cranking in your ears as you're whipping around a track.

awoogala

I said IP. I'm usually not much for "IP everywhere", but I don't like Aerosmith, and I can't think of another "popular" enough band that I would want blasting in my ear. Honestly, no blasting music of any kind would make this ride a lot better, imo.
So, any theme other than "loud rock blasting in my ear" and get rid of the loooong, painful pre-show (or at least let single riders go around it, lol)

Marc Davis Fan

Now that the Paris version is closed, they should bring those lights/rigs to WDW. The "light show" version of RnRC is vastly superior to the "2D cutouts with cartoon-style images" version we have here. That would also allow them to update it with multiple bands, including popular contemporary acts that would bring people into the park to check out "X's ride."

The only pre-ride area they'd have to rework (in order to apply the Paris "roller coaster built in a recording studio" storyline) would be the "alleyway." But it would definitely be worthwhile.

Anyway, just my humble opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom