Opinions on our trip plans please....

ada0801

Let me start with we go to Disney 1 to 2 times a year. Normally we take week long (or longer) trips and see everything. That is not possible this year so we are trying to adjust.

We are going Nov 15-18. 2 adults, 8 year old, and just now 40inch 4 year old. We are for sure going to MK and Epcot. Here are our choices

Nov 15th - 8yo/hubs go to AK (8yo LOVES pandora), 4yo/mom go to MK. Meet back up for Christmas party
Nov 16th - HS
Nov 17th - Epcot
Nov 18 - Home

OR

Nov 15th - HS
Nov 16th - MK
Nov 17 - Epcot

The 4 year old doesn't have real interest in AK since she cant ride the "big ones" This will be her 5th trip. We are surprising them with this trip for birthdays (both November). I am open to all suggestions. The MAIN reason we are going is our lil is now 40 inches and wants to ride big kid rides. She has fought with size and this is her reward to reaching this milestone. We were thinking Christmas party would give them more rides on the big ones. They have seen the parade many times and done the Christmas stuff, so we would be using it just for rides.

Thoughts?

ada0801

Original Poster
This November? Avoid DHS at all cost. Crowds will be way too heavy to enjoy anything.

The most important 40" rides are Thunder, Splash, Soarin, and Test Track. Star Tours and Tower can wait.
Do you think it will still be awful in November? I thought ROTR wasn't opening until December. I was hoping we would get a reprieve from the gotta be there first in August and the wait until everything is open December. 4yo is obsessed with Star Wars and that is top of her list. Its not an end all for us because we will be back in 2020. I just thought we may find an ok gap in the crazy between the two dates. They LOVE SDD.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I concur with the Captain. With kids that age, I'd spend a day and a half at MK (1 full day, plus the party), half a day at Epcot (Future World only - you can knock that out in the morning and then go to MK for the party) and a full day at AK. If there are things you really want to do at HS (e.g., Star Wars), get there on an EMH morning and hit the must-dos while the lines are low. Then hop elsewhere as the crowds build.

Upvote 0

ada0801

Original Poster
I concur with the Captain. With kids that age, I'd spend a day and a half at MK (1 full day, plus the party), half a day at Epcot (Future World only - you can knock that out in the morning and then go to MK for the party) and a full day at AK. If there are things you really want to do at HS (e.g., Star Wars), get there on an EMH morning and hit the must-dos while the lines are low. Then hop elsewhere as the crowds build.

I hadnt thought about that. We were not planning park hoppers for price, but perhaps we could. Hmmmm..... So many options. We are full day Epcot, but we could do EMH on the Sunday then break before the Christmas party that night. If EMH follows the same plan are currently on. Thats a good thought. We are early risers anyway.

Upvote 0

ada0801

Original Poster
Are you flying? If so, why not wait? I'd personally rather do an eight nighter once per year than two or three three nighters. Makes the flight more worth it.
We drive from ATL. We normally go for longer than this. Our plan was no trip this year to save money, but the kids have been begging to go back so we decided to surprise them. Our original date was Labor day weekend and we just moved it. There was no way I was doing that. They get plenty of Disney, so I am not totally stressing over what they do and don't get to do. Just seeing if someone has some good ideas. Our last trip was 10 days Thanksgiving at AKL. It was magical. Since the 4yo will just be able to do some new rides, we want to get as much as we can while taking a small family trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom