Opinions for 3 Dining Places

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
Hello everyone! I have just made reservations for 3 meals in June, and would like some advice on them because I've never eaten at any of them before. They are:

1. The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
2. The Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
3. Lunch at Princess Story Book Dining, Norway

Please let me know what you think of the food, dining experience, etc. Thanks!

EDIT: Due to a special request in the family, we have chosen to go to Akershus for the Princess Story Book Dining instead of the Garden Grill for lunch, so any opinions on it would be welcome.

MaryMcMagic

I really like going to the Crystal Palace for just about any meal because I usually travel to WDW with a large group and it's hard to find a place that all of us, or at least a majority, agree on. There's alot of variety for the young and old. Every one can have a meal there that suits their palate.

lawyergirl77

MagicalMonorail said:
Hello everyone! I have just made reservations for 3 meals in June, and would like some advice on them because I've never eaten at any of them before. They are:

1. The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
2. The Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
3. Lunch at The Garden Grill

Please let me know what you think of the food, dining experience, etc. Thanks!
Loved the last two, loathed the Luau. If you look up the reviews, you'll be able to make a more informed decision for yourself... However, IMHO it's REALLY not worth the $50 (or whatever it is they're charging for it now)... :wave:

How many people/ages of people in your party??

Floridasunshine

I can only comment on the Crystal Palace breakfast buffet. We liked it much better than the other character breakfast we did at Restaurantosauras. The characters were friendly and spent a lot of time with the kids, the decor was nice (check out the ladies room!), and the food was good.

What was really nice is that we made our reservation well before park opening (at 8:05 I think). It was nice getting into the park before anyone else, and we got some great people-less pictures of the castle & main street. It would have worked great if my hubby had not made us soooo late. We did not get there until 8:30, so we did not get to head to Space Mountain before the crowds as we were still eating.

Kadee

lawyergirl77 said:
Loved the last two, loathed the Luau. If you look up the reviews, you'll be able to make a more informed decision for yourself... However, IMHO it's REALLY not worth the $50 (or whatever it is they're charging for it now)... :wave:

How many people/ages of people in your party??

My sentiments exactly!!! The luau was HORRIBLE!!!! By far the worst food I've ever had at WDW! The show was pretty bad, too. In no way worth the money. But Crystal Palace and Garden Grill are great!

BUTTERHEAD1

I've Did All 3 Last Trip

I have eaten at both Crystal Palace (breakfast,lunch&dinner) and Garden Grill for (lunch&dinner) and did the Aloha show on our last trip. I enjoy Crystal Palace very much and the Garden Grill is okay but the Aloha show just isnt worth the money.The food is okay at best and the show is okay for kids but did little for me.

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
After reading your reviews, it doesn't seem like the luau is too great. Do you think I should cancel it? My family is a "more experienced" group with a 17 year old son, 22 year old daughter, and 2 parents. If the luau is really geared towards kids instead of the family as a whole, I'm not too sure the family willl like it.

lawyergirl77

MagicalMonorail said:
After reading your reviews, it doesn't seem like the luau is too great. Do you think I should cancel it? My family is a "more experienced" group with a 17 year old son, 22 year old daughter, and 2 parents. If the luau is really geared towards kids instead of the family as a whole, I'm not too sure the family willl like it.
I would cancel it. If you want to do a dinner show, I hear the Hoop-Dee-Doo is fantastic! I haven't been in years, but based on the outpouring of love I hear for it.. Well, I'm tempted to cancel one of my ADRs and book the HDD! :lol:

Maryssa*

The Luau isnt really worth the cost, but I thought the food was pretty good.

Garden Grill lunch has changed slightly (they used to have the best salad ever) but it is still one of my favorites, and it's all you can eat! The characters circle around the place very frequently so there are lots of photo ops. One note is that it can be a bit noisy due to the sound effects of Living with the Land.

Crystal Palace breakfast = possibly THE best breakfast on property that I have experienced. We go often. A great food selection, a really pretty place, and good character interaction.

shoppingnut

Crystal Palace is excellent for breakfast (dinner too), they have breakfast lazana, yummy. The Hoop de Doo, I hear is great, I have a friend who has been there a number of times and it is lots of fun and there is lots of guest interaction, so that might be good for your family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom