Opinions & Advice: 1-Day Itinerary for 2 Middle-Aged Adults

SDSavage

Hello, Friends -
I'm a Disney veteran tho it's been 10 years since I've been back. Taking my hubby for a first-time visit, and I'm hoping I could get your expert opinions on what changes if any I should make to this itinerary. We're there for a conference mid-July (Monday, 7/22) and have only this one possible day in MK due to schedule constraints. However, as we have no little ones in tow and we're not up to demanding physical rides, there's lots of unnecessary attractions we can skip.
Here's what I have for us so far, with FastPass reservations noted. I feel like it's "morning-heavy" and I might need to re-arrange.
Thoughts? Recommendations? Many thanks!
8:00 AMBreakfast: The Plaza Restaurant
9:00 AMEnter Adventureland (Rope Drop)
9:15 - 9:30 AMPirates of the Caribbean
10:00 - 10:30 AMSplash Mountain
11:00 - 11:30 AMBig Thunder Montain Railroad
11:30 - 11:50 AMHall of Presidents
11:50 - 12:50 PMHaunted Mansion (*FP*) (Add FastPass for Small World after Haunted Mansion)
1:10 PMLunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
1:40 - 2:40 PMPeter Pan's Flight (*FP*)
2:45 - 3:45 PMSeven Dwarfs Mine Train (*FP*)
Small World (*FP*)
5:00 PM and LaterDinner in Tomorrowland
Carousel of Progress
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Back to Main Street

JohnD

It sounds like you have a good schedule and know what rides you want to go on, so I won't suggest any more rides.

However, other shows you may want to work in, if only to get out of the heat for a bit:
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Mickey's Philarmagic
You may not need a FP for Small World. It tends to have a wait of approx 10-15 minutes on average. But it will probably be available as a 4th FP if you want it.

Upvote 0

ToInfinity

That looks good! We have had a LOT of luck starting in Adventureland on our last few trips. On our last trip, we rope dropped and did Jungle Cruise, Pirates, BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, and Small World in about two and 1/2 hours. That is a great place to start. I would make sure to add Jungle Cruise first thing if I were you! That wait will get long later in the day.

I also noticed you said you are adding a FP for Small World after HM. You won’t be able to add a 4th FP until after you have used all three that you pre-booked. SW typically doesn’t have a long wait, so if were you I would plan to try to get an FP for Buzz instead!

Finally, I would definitely recommend that you stay in the park in the evening and see Happily Ever After. It is our most favorite show in all of Disney World, and must-see if you haven’t been in a long time! Make sure you get a spot in the front of the castle for the best view!!

Upvote 0

SDSavage

Original Poster
AH! Good point, John! Miss those tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki birds! ;)
I didn't know that Small World had such a short wait, tho, that's great news. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

SDSavage

Original Poster
Oooh, I did not know you had use your 3rd before you could grab your next, I've had a devil of a time figuring out the new FP (last time I went, they were paper receipts!). Much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom