Opinion on the Skyliner

Mystery1932

I am going to be staying at the Pop Century resort for three days next month. This will be my first disney trip since 2016. Hollywood Studios is our park for the first day and I was thinking about using the skyliner. My question is, is it worth it? I’m anxious to try it but I also want to use my time as wisely as possible. Thoughts?

Smiley/OCD

i think most of the long wait was due to not loading each cart fully, now they are loading 100% when possible, cuts down the wait alot, just my opinion.
My DW & I will be there in November...I hope you're right!! If you are, it will make for a much more pleasurable experience...(possibly from Beverly to a Dole Whip Float!)

Upvote 0

JohnD

I am going to be staying at the Pop Century resort for three days next month. This will be my first disney trip since 2016. Hollywood Studios is our park for the first day and I was thinking about using the skyliner. My question is, is it worth it? I’m anxious to try it but I also want to use my time as wisely as possible. Thoughts?

Arrive as early as possible before the station opens. When you get to CBR, you don't necessarily get to hop right on the HS line. If crowds have already built up, you will be directed out into the parking lot to follow another queue back into the CBR station. THEN, you'll be able to board for HS. Good luck!

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

about 2/3 of the people using it are going to the studios, much shorter wait to get on the epcot line, although the travel time is about 10 minutes, twice the studios time fwiw.

Upvote 0

crawale

Yup. Sending out cabins that can hold up to 10 with only 1 or 2 people in them was devastating to their throughput.

-Rob
Rode with my daughter and three grandsons and as the cars just slow down rather than come to a complete halt we could barely get everyone in. Can't imagine multiple families with a lot of kids.

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

Rode with my daughter and three grandsons and as the cars just slow down rather than come to a complete halt we could barely get everyone in. Can't imagine multiple families with a lot of kids.
to me it was no more trouble than getting on the people mover, but i can see problems with large groups getting on. if it stopped every time to load it would never get anywhere.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

We arrived today. Got back from DS, decided to hop on board the skyliner about 8:30 this evening just to see what it was like. No lines; we walked right on. The trip was fairly quick. We unloaded at Caribbean beach and literally walked right back on to return to POP. It was less than 10 minutes total. Anxious to see how the lines are in the morning.

Upvote 0

threvester

We arrived today. Got back from DS, decided to hop on board the skyliner about 8:30 this evening just to see what it was like. No lines; we walked right on. The trip was fairly quick. We unloaded at Caribbean beach and literally walked right back on to return to POP. It was less than 10 minutes total. Anxious to see how the lines are in the morning.

Use the AOA bus for rope drop...skyliner the rest of the day

Upvote 0

Snake

We rode once from HS to Epcot and it was not my favorite experience. The skyliner kept stopping for 3-5 min every 10 min for whatever reason, so you're stuck in the air over an over again, plus the thing was swaying back an forth. I think it took us over 40 min, bus would have been faster, but the buses drop you off at the front of the park so, depending on where you want to start at Epcot will depend on which is the best form of transport. I felt like I could have walked to Epcot from HS an got there faster though. We walked from Boardwalk to HS early that morning to beat all the buses, skyliners, and cars an it only took 10min. Got there 1hr 30 min before open and cast member stopped us near the entrance, we were the 1st ones there.

Upvote 0

threvester

When we were there in May, there were no options for the bus from POP or AoA…that was my biggest complaint…I hope that changed
In June, AOA had busses to HS and EPCOT...I beat the skyliner to HS every rope drop, and used the bus to EPCOT to arrive at the front of the park and get to TT before the gateway crowd...Busses were not running from POP, just AOA

Upvote 0

Mystery1932

Original Poster
I just returned from my trip and I have to say, I loved the sky liner. In most cases, it was faster than the bus.

there was one instance when it closed down due to the weather , while I was at the Caribbean beach station, so they needed to bring a bus over to take us to pop century. It took longer than it needed to, but overall was fine.

a sky liner status option on the app would be very helpful.

Upvote 0

jonnyc

I think this should improve over time as people get used to using this form of transport.

Looking at Ski resorts, you usually have 6 people per gondola who have to stow their skis on the outside first before jumping in, all whilst wearing ski boots - I know I found it stressful at first but eventually it became second nature.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom