Opinion on new smartphone?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7 bought in July 2016.
Its getting really slow and I feel like I'm always attached to a wall when using it.
I WAS going to get the Samsung Galaxy S21 but honestly I don't think the price is worth it as I feel like you're mostly paying for the cameras and you can't put a micro sd in it which really irks me.
I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G.
It has a better camera than my current phone, plus its 5G, plus it has a higher capacity battery which I like since I obviously tend to keep my phones for longer than most lol. Oh and you can put a micro sd in it.
I was just curious if anyone else on here happens to have this phone and if they like it or would like an opinion from someone techie as to if its a decent phone?
FYI Samsung is my brand of choice especially due to the visual accessibility features so please don't recommend other brands like Apple. I had an iphone before and was not happy with the accessibility.

jaklgreen

My last phone was a S7. The battery becomes crap after a few years. I went with a Google Pixel 3a this time around and I love it. It takes amazing pictures and I have not had any issues with it. Plus, it was only $399. For what I use my phone for, it has been great, especially for the price. I would look into the Google pixel phones as an alternative. They still use the same Android system so everything is the same, but it does have a different charger. I was able to easily transfer all of my stuff from the Samsung to the Pixel.

lazyboy97o

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7 bought in July 2016.
Its getting really slow and I feel like I'm always attached to a wall when using it.
I WAS going to get the Samsung Galaxy S21 but honestly I don't think the price is worth it as I feel like you're mostly paying for the cameras and you can't put a micro sd in it which really irks me.
I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G.
It has a better camera than my current phone, plus its 5G, plus it has a higher capacity battery which I like since I obviously tend to keep my phones for longer than most lol. Oh and you can put a micro sd in it.
I was just curious if anyone else on here happens to have this phone and if they like it or would like an opinion from someone techie as to if its a decent phone?
FYI Samsung is my brand of choice especially due to the visual accessibility features so please don't recommend other brands like Apple. I had an iphone before and was not happy with the accessibility.
The Galaxy A series is Samsung’s mid-tier range of phones while S series is their top tier phones. If you’re wanting to keep a phone for longer it might make more sense to go with a more powerful phone. Instead of going with the S21 you could look at the S20, last year’s top-of-the-line model, which is going to be discounted from its original price.

They still use the same Android system so everything is the same, but it does have a different charger.
Samsung has also switched to USB-C, so the charger will be different regardless of the brand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom