opinion on 1/2 hour early vs 1-2 hour late.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
to me, 1/2 hour really does not do much accept makes it harder on non resort guests with longer lines. would rather go 1 hour late for value resorts, 2 hours for moderate/expensive resorts. that way non resort guests get a fair share, plus a little more incentive to stay on property, just my opinion.

JIMINYCR

We always enjoyed the later evening hours because typically the parks started emptying out and you got to do rides with lesser line waits. IMHO resort guests should get some benefit for paying to stay on site irregardless of the type of resort. And I enjoy the feel and looks of the park they take on with the evening hours.

kalel8145

We always enjoyed the later evening hours because typically the parks started emptying out and you got to do rides with lesser line waits. IMHO resort guests should get some benefit for paying to stay on site irregardless of the type of resort. And I enjoy the feel and looks of the park they take on with the evening hours.
We have several late ADRs this trip so hoping to get some good empty park pics.

Patcheslee

Finally have a kid old enough to stay up past 10pm and they limit the late hours. Need to stay deluxe, but there aren't any that "fit" what we like. i.e. Epcot area because we are there multiple days, but don't care for the Deluxe resorts in that area visually. We stayed Poly last vacation and like the visual/layout, but location we didn't care for. There's some ADRs we want to do at resorts, but by the time eat there wouldn't be much time to go back to the parks except to see night shows then leave again.
If it's an issue of evening hours had complaints of crowds, why not rotate which based on resort category?
i.e. Values MK Monday, Mods MK Tuesday, Deluxe MK Wednesday etc. Or crazy: all parks one hour later for all resort guests X days a week.

kalel8145

Finally have a kid old enough to stay up past 10pm and they limit the late hours. Need to stay deluxe, but there aren't any that "fit" what we like. i.e. Epcot area because we are there multiple days, but don't care for the Deluxe resorts in that area visually. We stayed Poly last vacation and like the visual/layout, but location we didn't care for. There's some ADRs we want to do at resorts, but by the time eat there wouldn't be much time to go back to the parks except to see night shows then leave again.
If it's an issue of evening hours had complaints of crowds, why not rotate which based on resort category?
i.e. Values MK Monday, Mods MK Tuesday, Deluxe MK Wednesday etc. Or crazy: all parks one hour later for all resort guests X days a week.
Sounds like you have your designated Genie + midnight person. Aren't kids great? 😉

Patcheslee

Sounds like you have your designated Genie + midnight person. Aren't kids great? 😉
ADD/ADHD kid, 99% chance she'd get distracted by some other spot in the app lol. Last time she had my CC to buy herself a book while I was finishing shopping, she ended up buying 3 books, candy, and drinks. :facepalm:

Raxel7851

We were there last week and most nights the MK was open until 11. We did notice that in the past, people would begin to trickle out after the fireworks. But that didn’t seem to happen this year. It seemed just as crowded at 11 PM as it did at 9 PM. Like @AJ92 stated we totally enjoyed when the park used to be open past midnight. We’d get back to FW around 2 AM. Ah, the good old days. Gone but never forgotten.

Sbk1234

I'm an early person, although I nearly always stay until closing, whatever time that is. I prefer the early entry. However, there's so many people there that it hardly seems like a benefit at all. I would rather see them limit it to ONLY Disney on-property resorts, and not the Good Neighbor hotels. They're not Disney and shouldn't get all the same perks as Disney hotels.
Also, I preferred when they rotated the extra hours. Many guests often flocked to those parks with the early entry on a particular day, so the other parks tended to be less crowded. I guess, though, with the reservation system it would be hard to do that.

2bornot2be

Rather than continue in this mess out they should just go back to how it was. I don’t really like to get up early in the morning while on VACATION to get into a park and be first in a ride line.

MickeyLuv'r

With G+, extra PM hours would be better. It would then be easier to use G+ in a way that is of value.

The only thing is, then a larger % of folks would stack their G+ passes for the PM hours and skip the morning unless WDW kept a mix of both.

Wilbret

Give me early early hours again, and I will pledge to exit the park EARLY to make room for other guests. Getting inside the park at 6:30 am was da-bomb-diggity. Ride early, ride it all, relax as the others came strolling in at 8 or 9 am. Suckers! lol

30 minutes late doesn't do anything for me. They couldn't even get the other guests out in that timeframe. I miss the late late late hours when it might stay open til 1am. I'd settle for just regular extra magic hours, but there are so many parties and events, those things became few and far between compared to years past.

dreday3

I like the 30 minutes early at every park, but admittedly all we did was meander and drink coffee. :D

Next trip we are (hopefully) lucky enough to be staying deluxe (BC) and looking forward to the 2 extra hours at MK and Epcot. MK we will make the most of rides, Epcot will be maybe for one or two rides and then again, just meandering, taking pictures.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Give me early early hours again, and I will pledge to exit the park EARLY to make room for other guests. Getting inside the park at 6:30 am was da-bomb-diggity. Ride early, ride it all, relax as the others came strolling in at 8 or 9 am. Suckers! lol

30 minutes late doesn't do anything for me. They couldn't even get the other guests out in that timeframe. I miss the late late late hours when it might stay open til 1am. I'd settle for just regular extra magic hours, but there are so many parties and events, those things became few and far between compared to years past.

30 minutes on either side is worthless. Early entry and extra evening should both be at least an hour. And I agree on the 6:30 am thing. It was so great being about to ride so the things you wanted to ride, catch breakfast, and then hit the exit as the masses were coming in. Early morning pool time was always more relaxing and quiet too.

ppete1975

sounds like a logistical nightmare. You would have to put wrist bands on every guest (easily identifiable) then kick out people who werent supposed to be there. Its fairly easy to do for the event nights because the people there for the events are the ones with the wrist bands (lot lower amount of people) and if you dont have a band you cant ride anything and our slowly kicked out. That already es people off (which it should but a different conversation), this would be a logistical and pr nightmare. Allowing guests in early is a much easier logistical undertaking.

SteveAZee

Before: Resort guests allowed in an hour early each day in one of four parks.
After: Resort guests allowed 1/2 hour early in all four parks.

So instead of paying to staff one park for an hour they're staffing four parks for half an hour, which to Disney may cost more but somehow to guests it can feel 'less'. I guess the theory is that the early entry folk are dispersed over four parks rather than one so there's not that extra burden on one particular park for most of the day.

What if they split the difference... did early entry for an hour but only two parks on a given day (so same net cost) and rotate which two throughout the week. Same cost (I'm assuming four parks for 1/2 hour is the same burden as two for one hour). It still spreads the early birds out a bit but it gives people who use it a full hour to get a real advantage... one hour seems so much more useful than a half hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom