Opinion of Tony's Town Square

xbeebellex

Original Poster
I was wondering what people thought of Tony's Town Square to have dinner in. It's a large group of people going and all of the children are under 10. Is it any good?

MSTINKHERBELL01

Hi sweetheart! Have you visited the REVIEWS section of this forum or Allearsnet.com under the Dining heading? There are reviews there..I personally ate there about a month ago for dinner. The setting wasnt impressive but in the lobby area they play Lady and the Tramp movies...nice for kids waiting to be seated.

The food was okay...the pasta nice and the bread and sauce that they bring out tastes yummy. Most of the kids I saw around us ate the sp. w/ meatsauce and they seemed to love it. For adults the food is good...nothing fantastic in my opinion but good. I had the steak..it was seasoned and tender...my gf had the sp. w/ sausage or something like it...she thought it was good.

BRER STITCH

Tony's is an often overlooked WDW eatery. I think maybe because everbody races right by it to get to the rides in the morning and don't even notice it until they are leaving that night! :lol:

We finally dined there because we had a goal of eating at EVERY WDW restaurant before we started repeating others, and it was a nice surprise.

As luck would have it, we wound up scheduling my Birthday dinner there last summer. The food and service were great, and they really made the meal special with a loud Birthday welcome from Tony himself in the lobby, decorations on the table, a singing visit from the Dapper Dans, and a delicious comlimentary birthday dessert!

This left a great impression on us, so we made it a point to go back again this year, and the food and service were just as great as our first visit.

Lunch is mostly sandwiches and we never tried them, but I can recommend the Chicken Florentine and the Veal T-bone for dinner. Don't be afraid to ask for more bread and sauce for dipping becasue it's really good!

ENJOY!

:slurp:

WDWKat26

My sister and her fiancee went there this past weekend, and they were not impressed. They said the portions were small and the prices were not appropriate for the portions that they received. They got 1 appetizer and a plate of Spaghetti and Meatballs and paid about $22.

lawyergirl77

I've been there with many different people and we've all been pretty happy with it. It is pricey, but it's quite good, especially when you recognize that it is actually inside the Magic Kingdom and so you'll be paying a premium for location. The Chicken Florentine is out of this world, and I also really liked the osso bucco.

We didn't eat there last trip, but DH told me that I had better rectify that situation with our trip this July.. :lol:

KentB3

I ate the on my trip last November, and the food was absolutely delicious! I had the spaghetti with sausage links, and the links added a nice touch to the dish. The service was great too.

A little secret, you can Lady and the Tramp's autographs for your character autograph book at Tony's! Just hand the book(s) to your server, and he or she will take it back and return the book shortly afterward with their autographs in it! :D :animwink:

jcat2312

We ate there last September. We loved the restaurant!! The food was awesome and our waitress was very good. We plan on going back there this August.

shoppingnut

Ate there this past October and wasn't happy with the quality of food, not to mention portions are very small for the price. I don't care for their sauce to begin with and my nephew's pizza looked horrible, but he wanted to eat there, so we gave it a try. I won't ever be going back there.

luna99

Tony's is one of my favorite places in WDW but it might be because it's a family tradition to eat there the first day we go to MK. The food is delicious and I don't remember thinking it was too expensive.... of course it's going to be more than fast food, but that's to be expected. I think it's reasonable.

everytime we have gone the waitstaff has been marvelous and friendly.

It's really nice if you sit out on the "porch/balcony" during the afternoon if it's sunny out and watch people walk by.

Foolish Mortal

Loved it when they did breakfast. Not impressed with the dinner menu but what the heck, they have steak on the menu so i'm willing to give it a shot.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We ate there the first trip to WDW in 2000. We were very pleased with the meals. The service was great. Because we were the first family seated when they opened for dinner, we were taken over to the Lady and the Tramp statue for a family portrait and received the basic package as a complimentary gift.

DS was 5 and a very picky eater and he was very happy with what was available. I won't comment on portion size, every meal I've ordered in five trips has been more than I could comfortably eat in one sitting, so I'm always happy.

dxwwf3

BRING BACK BREAKFAST! :lol:

Those appetizer cinnamon rolls were fantastic. We used to eat there all the time, but the same thing could be said for Hollywood and Vine as well. I guess nobody else liked to eat at the full service resturants for breakfast.

Foolish Mortal

dxwwf3 said:
BRING BACK BREAKFAST! :lol:

Those appetizer cinnamon rolls were fantastic. We used to eat there all the time, but the same thing could be said for Hollywood and Vine as well. I guess nobody else liked to eat at the full service resturants for breakfast.

Sort of of off topic but overall I loved the full service restaurant places.

dxwwf3

Foolish Mortal said:
Sort of of off topic but overall I loved the full service restaurant places.

Me too. It was really enjoyable. Now it's all character, buffet stuff that we care nothing about. The Crystal Palace was another excellent spot for breakfast. Now, it's been so long since I've been in there, I can't even remember what the food area used to look like.

captainhook1974

I think it's pretty good

My wife and I eat occasionally at Tony's...We have had both experiences...Had a great romantic dinner the year we got married there...Spaghetti and meatballs...(quick note on a cheap appetizer)..just order an extra meatball...(they are as big as baseballs and you can't put anything else down after)...So I thought dinner was very good (not like my favorite Italian restaurants at home or anything) but very good none-the-less...And breakfast was great one time...pretty bad the other time...Atmosphere is excellent...and we have always had great servers there...Whispering Canyon I'd recommend above it ...but only if you have a car...takes too long to get too on those darn boats...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom