Operation: Cinderella Castle for 3 year old's Princess Party

PREMiERdrum

Original Poster
Believe it or not, our little princess is only a week away from turning 3!

She decided, completely on her own, she wanted the theme of this party to be "Cinderella's Royal Ball". A regal affair like this would necessitate a castle. I will update throughout the week as we complete the transformation, but here's a peek at where we stand now.

CinderellaCastle1_zpsdb747044.jpg

Getting ready to transfer the castle design onto a 6'x6' piece of cardboard

CinderellaCastle_zpsd918dda9.jpg

Cut out and set up!

Tonight will be paint and detail work, as well as building the support to hold the two pieces together.

The invitation turned out pretty great as well..
CinderellaInviteedit_zps5bca1a06.jpg

PREMiERdrum

Original Poster
Very nice. I wish I had the time to be able to attack this.

It's been a fairly easy project so far. I started with the drawing, then did a quick model to check proportions, and scaled up the model onto the cardboard. I spent probably an hour on the initial design and model, another hour getting the design onto the cardboard, and about 2 hours to score and cut.

I plan to finish tonight with paint and structure.

PREMiERdrum

Original Poster
I started last night with several coats of Zissner primer to both pieces, followed by some nice, glossy white.
Castle3_zpse4546eab.jpg

I then painted the roofs in "Splendor Blue", which is the color being used for the rest of the party, and gold leafed the highest spire.

Castle4_zps26daf612.jpg

Set up in the garage after painting...
castle1_zpsfbf21820.jpg

And set up in the formal living and dining rooms, where the party will take place.

Castle2_zps057bfb90.jpg

Tonight I am going to dust the white with a fine metalflake, paint in the trim and clock face, and attach the pieces to the structure.

juniorthomas

Believe it or not, our little princess is only a week away from turning 3!

She decided, completely on her own, she wanted the theme of this party to be "Cinderella's Royal Ball". A regal affair like this would necessitate a castle. I will update throughout the week as we complete the transformation, but here's a peek at where we stand now.

CinderellaCastle1_zpsdb747044.jpg

Getting ready to transfer the castle design onto a 6'x6' piece of cardboard

CinderellaCastle_zpsd918dda9.jpg

Cut out and set up!

Tonight will be paint and detail work, as well as building the support to hold the two pieces together.

The invitation turned out pretty great as well..
CinderellaInviteedit_zps5bca1a06.jpg

stash-1-508dee0acd284.gif

PREMiERdrum

Original Poster
Last update until after the party! I didn't get to do all the detail work on the castle that I had wanted to, but I like the shimmery / idealistic look of what turned out. I finished it off with a clearcoat mixed with a very fine, iridescent metalflake, and goldleaf trim:
IMG_0646_zps926ddfa9.jpg

My little princess loves it!
IMG_0649_zps0d0146b1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom