Opening night of this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party now sold out

wiigirl

Woah!
75.gif

djkidkaz

Steve any idea when the first night is that they will light up the castle? I noticed last year it was Nov 4th, which would be this coming Sunday. I don't see any 2012 info on the site though.

jmani56

How bad is it?? I bought tickets for this night thinking we could have the park in relative low crowds. Is it worse than a usual night at the park? Do they oversell it??

sweetpee_1993

Tickets are not refundable, not supposed to be transferable (I think). I've been to a sold out night and didn't enjoy it but others have been fine with it. IMO, a sold out party night is more crowded then a regular night or EMH night. If you go, go with a plan of what your must-dos are. Attraction lines shouldn't be too bad but the special character meets will have lines easily 30-45 minutes or longer. Go to the 2nd parade! I think they oversell the events. If you go to a special event the point would be to see the things that are special to that event. The lines for the special offerings on the sold out night I went years back were simply stupid.

wdwfan22

Even on a sold out night attraction lines never top more than 20 min normally. Character meet and greets will be longer but they are long even on non sell out dates.

jrh1985

Any chance CTM will show on the 9th? Maybe soft open? I know people on here said the 12th, but it would be nice if CTM could show for the sold out party

menamechris

Usually the first Friday party of the season sells out, I believe. I am pretty sure it did last year when we went. I think this is because local families can get discounted tickets and take their kids right after school - and not have to worry about it being a school night....

MRGEFF

UGH! :(:(:rolleyes::(:( And here we thought the first one would be low crowds but I guess with the end of F&W, the golf tournament and a marathon is bringing more people out. Oh well just have to grin and bear it and still have a good time.

ILDisneyFan

Tickets are not refundable, not supposed to be transferable (I think). I've been to a sold out night and didn't enjoy it but others have been fine with it. IMO, a sold out party night is more crowded then a regular night or EMH night. If you go, go with a plan of what your must-dos are. Attraction lines shouldn't be too bad but the special character meets will have lines easily 30-45 minutes or longer. Go to the 2nd parade! I think they oversell the events. If you go to a special event the point would be to see the things that are special to that event. The lines for the special offerings on the sold out night I went years back were simply stupid.

I completely agree with you! I'm surprised they didn't keep on selling them until the night of and then say it's sold out! The "limited" events are soooo not "limited" anymore! They just keep getting busier and busier every year! Everyone always says how empty it is at the beginning of November, I guess I'll find out next week and I'm 100% positive everyone knows I'm going so they're all packing up to go too! LOL! That's how it seems anyway! I'm sure we'll still have fun but for once I would like for something NOT to sell out when I go to it! LOL! :rolleyes:

sweetpee_1993

I completely agree with you! I'm surprised they didn't keep on selling them until the night of and then say it's sold out! The "limited" events are soooo not "limited" anymore! They just keep getting busier and busier every year! Everyone always says how empty it is at the beginning of November, I guess I'll find out next week and I'm 100% positive everyone knows I'm going so they're all packing up to go too! LOL! That's how it seems anyway! I'm sure we'll still have fun but for once I would like for something NOT to sell out when I go to it! LOL! :rolleyes:

Awwww...I'm sorry your night is or could be sold out. That was not a fun night for us. The 2nd MVMCP we went to was not sold out and we actually enjoyed it a lot more.

I think maybe there's a correlation with day of the week. Seems like the less packed party we went to was a Tuesday or Thursday night. It was definitely during the week.

draybook

Awwww...I'm sorry your night is or could be sold out. That was not a fun night for us. The 2nd MVMCP we went to was not sold out and we actually enjoyed it a lot more.

I think maybe there's a correlation with day of the week. Seems like the less packed party we went to was a Tuesday or Thursday night. It was definitely during the week.

As was the case with us in Dec of 2009. The second party was a Friday. We will NEVER do another special event on a Friday ever again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom