Opening date for Dispicable Me?

christopherscob

Original Poster
Does anyone know the expected opening date for the Despicable Me attraction at universal Studios? I am heading there in early June and wondered if it would be open, the web site just states summer 2012 but the building does now look complete on the outside. has anyone heard anything more about this?

LuLaSue

Does anyone know the expected opening date for the Despicable Me attraction at universal Studios? I am heading there in early June and wondered if it would be open, the web site just states summer 2012 but the building does now look complete on the outside. has anyone heard anything more about this?

I am hoping for Memorial Day Weekend.

Captain Chaos

Well they are very far along with the facade, pretty much looking like they are almost done... They have the bricks on the house, the shingles on the roof, and the Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem attraction sign just above the garabe door, which is open and Gru's vehicle is seen parked in the garage... They have a minion mural plastered on the side of the sound stage, and they changed the soundstage number painted on the building to a G in Gru's font... The awning is painted, the store front is done (complete with painted awning, images painted on the store windows, and the store's name sign hanging from the building)... I don't know how far along they are inside though... I'm imagining pretty far along..

maxairmike

I had a very brief discussion today and "Minions" were brought up. It sounds as if at least some people have been assigned to the attraction crew already and are on-site, though it didn't sound like they were doing anything with the actual attraction today. I had heard rumblings of significant issues with the ride system a few weeks ago and that it may set them back inside quite a bit, but then heard later that it wasn't as bad as originally thought, so I would guess the impact was minimal if there were unexpected issues.

All that to say; I would not be surprised if it was open (for soft openings) in two to three weeks, though I would be inclined to give it until the end of May or first week in June for a "full" opening.

christopherscob

Original Poster
I absolutely LOVED Despicable Me and I can't wait for this ride (or the movie sequel). Bring on the Minions! :D

I totally agree the movie was great and I hope this is open soon as predicted as I am going Universal in June and I was going to just do IOA as we did USH last year but this ride would make get park hopper ticket and hopefully some Minion goodie's to take home!

NemoRocks78

Seized
We'll be there mid-June - hoping it's running by then! Would love to be able to experience this, the parade, and the nighttime show during our visit.

RockNation18

With Despicable me taking over the part of Production Central where Nick used to be...Any idea of when the Nickelodeon store will open in the Kidzone?...and if that area will eventually turn into the Nick kidzone and push out Woody Woodpecker?

Captain Chaos

With Despicable me taking over the part of Production Central where Nick used to be...Any idea of when the Nickelodeon store will open in the Kidzone?...and if that area will eventually turn into the Nick kidzone and push out Woody Woodpecker?

I haven't read or heard anythign more about the Nick KidZone store... I thought it already opened since chatter about it died down... As for the KidZone refurb, I don't think Woddy Woodpecker will go anywhere... Universal is releasing a new animated movie in the theaters in 2015 or 2015 for Woody Woodpecker... I can see a Sponge Bob water play area in KidZone....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom