Oops! Ouch!

lostpro9het

I think this had to be the harbor pilot's fault, but still doesn't look good.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2017/09/disney-dream-sustains-damage-stern-collision-pier-nassau/

There's a fix for that...
IMG_0929.JPG

Tonka's Skipper

It could be the Harbor Pilot, but the Master usually brings the ships into the docks. Then add that is could have been a bridge error of some type....a misunderstood command???... Then there is the possibility of the a engine room failure of some type.......mains or thrusters. traffic in the way out of the camera shot......time will tell. The bottom line is the Master is always (except in the Panama canal or parts of the St Lawrence seaway) responsible for his vessel. However something may have happened that was not his fault.

Over all this is not a big deal to repair. Class approved her sailing as is and the USCG signed off on that. Of course they tried to paint her up nice. The final repairs will either be done in the next shipyard period. or at a operational port like PC a prebuilt insert will be fabricated. The damaged area will be cut out the insert set in place and welded in place. Class to inspect and approve repairs, Its a long day, but doable.

Frankly there will be much more debate and discussion over the damaged and costs to repair the dock!

AKK

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I just watched it again, and it's not even close. I mean, they hit it square. How did they get that far off? Wow.

Tonka's Skipper

I agree...that is why I am thinking something happened that the mains didn't turn over in time! Either a Bridge order, joy stick or a mechanical problem???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom