News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

Magenta Panther

Everyone I know who saw the new World of Color last night was unimpressed.

Even the least critical of Disney among them was disappointed.

How many more lame shows is Davison gonna give us before Disney gives him the boot? The man is 15 years past his prime creatively... I don't think he's made a true 'classic' since RDCT

For my part, I think it's a loud mess, with some truly weird schematic choices. And isn't it a pity that, while TDA had Eric Goldberg design the heroine Shelley Marie, they didn't let him animate her? (Oh no that would cost money!!!!) Feh. Much of the show is reused film clips a la Fantasmic, plus some truly cheap-looking 3D CGI. Only the water and fire effects were awesome. The rest, meh. Another wasted opportunity. :p

SuddenStorm

All I have to say is that anyone criticizing this show has a horrifying lack of TASTE. If they think Villainous is bland, they need to check out our new Not-So-Spooky Spectacular show at MK.

Why does one bad show forgive another?

Looking at the cheap cg animations, weird versions of Disney songs, and pure lack the soul in this project, I'm inclined to agree with people who have actually seen it.

I'm curious to see how more people like the show over the next month.

Where can you order this?
I just found this:

brb1006

For real... Create a permanent Villains walk-thru... add characters next year... or more robust sets and effects. take over the empty soundstage in Hollywoodland.
I actually like that idea, perfect opportunity to give some spotlight to the lesser-known Disney Villains/antagonists.

brb1006

Is nobody going to talk about the fact that the Cheshire Cat finally made his US debut at the Frightfully Fun Parade? Along with hearing Minnie's new voice actor at Mickey's Trick & Treat show (which is currently the second time it's heard)?

Figments Friend

Yes, i am REALLY liking what the lighting crew and sound guys did over at DCA for the 'Villians' Grove' walk through.
Fantastic stuff!
Really like this a lot...and it's so 'simple' yet SO effective.
Looks great...must be stunning in person with those saturated colored lights.

The music is terrific to ( especially the final scene ) and i love how each villian has it's own themed area.
Some of them even 'materialize' before you.
Very, very cool addition....i am liking this a lot.
Having just experienced the Redwood Creek area this past January, it is impressive how much they were able to transform this area into a completely different setting with just lights, projections, and great sound.
Wow! I love it!

I ALMOST went to California this month instead of Florida to check out the Oogie Bash, and now see i would have been rewared handsomely had i.
Ah well...hopefully next year this will return.
It seems to be a hit from what little i have seen to date.

Bravo, Disneyland!
Once again, you deliver!
:)

-

brb1006

Yes, i am REALLY liking what the lighting crew and sound guys did over at DCA for the 'Villians' Grove' walk through.
Fantastic stuff!
Really like this a lot...and it's so 'simple' yet SO effective.
Looks great...must be stunning in person with those saturated colored lights.

The music is terrific to ( especially the final scene ) and i love how each villian has it's own themed area.
Some of them even 'materialize' before you.
Very, very cool addition....i am liking this a lot.
Having just experienced the Redwood Creek area this past January, it is impressive how much they were able to transform this area into a completely different setting with just lights, projections, and great sound.
Wow! I love it!

I ALMOST went to California this month instead of Florida to check out the Oogie Bash, and now see i would have been rewared handsomely had i.
Ah well...hopefully next year this will return.
It seems to be a hit from what little i have seen to date.

Bravo, Disneyland!
Once again, you deliver!
:)

-
That final scene when you hear a female singer as you are leaving and it's just a bright light was so beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom