Onward characters to Debut at Disneyland Upcharge Party and DCA

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I saw this movie on Saturday with my friend and family which included my 4 and 6 year old. I left this movie blown away at how amazing it was. It's a movie that is geared towards all ages, but i felt like teens and adults would enjoy this more. I don't care how much money it makes. This is one of Pixar's best movies.

mikenatcity1

I
And Now! For your Monday Night viewing pleasure, the definitive list of Pixar characters and their tribes!

View attachment 451674
Twink (Actual real life twinks are already cosplaying the character! Shocking!)

View attachment 451669
Twunk

View attachment 451673
Daddy

View attachment 451675
Geek

View attachment 451676
Gay or European?

View attachment 451677
Closet Case

View attachment 451680

Straight

I was rolling my eyes at the conversation...until this pops up. I almost spit my coffee across my desk. This is very funny! (and before I get in trouble by others, my Husband also found this funny).

TP2000

Box Office numbers for this are the lowest of any Pixar movie, only $39 Million on opening weekend. Forbes says you can't blame Coronavirus fears either.

With all the news of Onward preforming similarly to the Good Dinosaur I feel like it's a good time for some pictures of the Meet and Greet at Pixar Pier from Micechat:

1583771927982-png.455013

Well, that's.... interesting.

You know, in the 1970's young ladies were told they should never get into a van like that. And if a young man showed up at a girls house to pick up his date in a van like that, the father would usually get his shotgun and convince the young man to abandon thoughts of ever dating his daughter.

They should move this meet n' greet over to the canoe dock in Critter Country, so it could literally be a van down by the river.

giphy.gif

truecoat

Box Office numbers for this are the lowest of any Pixar movie, only $39 Million on opening weekend. Forbes says you can't blame Coronavirus fears either.

1583771927982-png.455013

Well, that's.... interesting.

You know, in the 1970's young ladies were told they should never get into a van like that. And if a young man showed up at a girls house to pick up his date in a van like that, the father would usually get his shotgun and convince the young man to abandon thoughts of ever dating his daughter.

They should move this meet n' greet over to the canoe dock in Critter Country, so it could literally be a van down by the river.

giphy.gif

TP2000

I've walked past that van a few times today at DCA. Seems to be one of the least popular photo spots in the park. The wait in front of the Cars Land sign has been much longer.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

That Van Down By The River meet n' greet looks creepy, even if the movie had actually been successful.

Seriously, move that van over to the canoe dock in Critter Country and just play up the sad creepiness.

It's current location on a Victorian-era amusement pier makes no sense. But then Bob Jr. has no idea what he's doing, so...

TP2000

Onward box office crashed hard this second weekend of release. They only sold $10 Million in tickets this weekend, and the total box office is now at $60 Million for the US and $100 Million worldwide.

Since it cost $200 Million to create and market, the film will now likely not turn a profit for Pixar. And that creepy van meet n' greet only got used for one week before Pixar Pier was closed indefinitely.

Ismael Flores

Saw the movie and found it very entertaining. for a second weekend that only produced 50 million nationwide because of virus scare the movie made 10 million. good chunk of the full weekend boxoffice.
It is a shame that the movie is doing so low and even though some Hollywood people say its not because of corona I think they are wrong. Theaters have felt empty last two weeks

Rich T

Onward box office crashed hard this second weekend of release. They only sold $10 Million in tickets this weekend, and the total box office is now at $60 Million for the US and $100 Million worldwide.

Since it cost $200 Million to create and market, the film will now likely not turn a profit for Pixar. And that creepy van meet n' greet only got used for one week before Pixar Pier was closed indefinitely.
To be fair, people are staying away from theaters in general. I think everyone will take that into consideration in the future when talking about this film. Onward’s a fun, highly entertaining movie. I liked it better than Brave. I think it’ll gain a big fanbase once it hits streaming and blu ray.

Salted Nut Roll

Haven't seen this movie yet. I was on the fence about going to see it, and then Coronavirus decided for me, as all the theatres are now closed. At least all the ones in my area are. Honestly, given how little money it's been making, and given that people are not able go to the theatre, they might as well just throw the movie onto Disney+ at this point.

Rich T

Haven't seen this movie yet. I was on the fence about going to see it, and then Coronavirus decided for me, as all the theatres are now closed. At least all the ones in my area are. Honestly, given how little money it's been making, and given that people are not able go to the theatre, they might as well just throw the movie onto Disney+ at this point.
That would be one way to instantly get millions more people to watch it— And once they see it, I’m sure it’ll build up a big fan base, because it really is quite good. Then the toys that are out there will sell (when stores are open), and Disney could announce an Onward TV series coming to Disney+ in 2021. They’d be potentially trading box office dollars (which isn’t much of a loss) for instant familiarity with the characters for future projects.

Ismael Flores

I wonder if some of the Studios might want to recover some of their money by re-releasing them in theater soon after the theaters open again. Many movies are having to reschedule and is screwing up their movie line ups. There are also movies that didn't finish production so movies like these can fill empty some scheduling issues with movies that are not finished.

Of course releasing this directly to Disney plus might not hlep them recover the production budget but might help them increase some memberships. They will need all they can get since Disney+ shows in production have also suffered and will most likely be delayed.

Of course they could go the Universal way and release it in several streaming services as a pay on demand and once it goes thru that cycle put it free on Disney+

Rich T

This is pretty fantastic! And I’m sure everyone involved in the film’s production will be happy that it’s potentially turning from a box office disappointment to one of the most-watched animated features ever. I think most people will really enjoy it, and I’m hoping this does lead to an Onward series on Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom