Only One Day...Pick A Park...

Chrononymous

Original Poster
I realized it's been a while since I have visited the forums here...
and it's because it's been a while since I have been anywhere near a Disney park.

Which made me just downright depressed.

Planning trips for 6 years in a row, and having to cancel each and every one kinda does that to you.
Which brings me to this moment.
My lucky Spouse and I have a few weeks in Florida for a job. It ends this weekend, but we have no need to hurry home, because our apartment was destroyed in a fire.

And we have a few days, and some funds to make a trip To WDW. But really probably enough for one park. In one day.
So...which do I chooooose? Understand that my last trip was in 2008... But the spouse was last there in 92.
I am certainly not an amateur... But holy cannoli...there is so much...new...EVERYTHING!
Trying to list the stuff I haven't seen against the stuff he hasn't seen is kinda impossible!

We think we made a decision...but...we keep waffling between them all...

So, Magic peeps...which would you pick? One day...your favorite stuff...Convince me...REALLY convince me that your choice is best...and GO...

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers! I have been steering towards MK, myself...because that's really where all the New is...for me.
But the spouse and I really enjoyed HS back in the day( when they called it MGM!) It's kind of "our" park. And I can do Muppets 3D, ToT, Midway Mania and the new Star Tours pretty much all day. I expect. Without feeling really rushed.

And he has never been to DAK...it wasn't even built when he was there last time! I would like to show him Disco Yeti, as I have been talking about it for years now.

Epcot Is the only one so far I can't make a case for, actually. BorderPhreak...can you give me a few good solid opinions? I want to weigh all my options!

Disney4family

MK has the most attractions and excitement to keep you busy if you only had one day. There's such a variety of attractions, tons of shops and counter/table restaurants. We all know it's a classic.
EP can be a great day, too. Although it's far from perfect as people note here, there are a few gems in Futureworld we can't miss - Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Soarin, Living with the Land. Honestly, I'm happy just to park myself on a bench under those tall palm trees by Mission Space & listen to Test Track whizz by while enjoying the Futureworld music loop.
If it's a beautiful day, walking around World Showcase Lagoon can be relaxing and fun with it's attractions, shops & restaurants. You know what you like food-wise. Grab something for lunch and make reservations for a nice dinner. Enjoy a Gran Marnier orange slushie in France as you sit and gaze at the beauty of the park. You could even have fun and color a Duffy & have the int'l CMs stamp it for you in each country - or get a kid passport and have them do the same. I see adults with those all the time. It's great to speak with the CMs and it's a fun souvenir to have. Enjoy Illuminations! to end your day.
I know people who have chosen either park as their one-day park. It's going to really be up to your personal preference for the kind of day you wish to have. Close your eyes and picture yourself in both places and see which one you know you really want to experience. Either way - have a magical day!

The90skid

Woah, woah wait a minute. Your apartment burned down??? And ya'll want to go to Disney World now? I mean, I'm no financial planner, but shouldn't you be concerned with property damage and the like?

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Woah, woah wait a minute. Your apartment burned down??? And ya'll want to go to Disney World now? I mean, I'm no financial planner, but shouldn't you be concerned with property damage and the like?
Yeah, sounds kind of More awful than it is...
we are artists/performers who do Renaissance Festivals around the country. That's the reason we are in Florida. Since we travel constantly anyway, we decided we don't need anything other than a storage space for now, while we live the gypsy life.

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Thanks Disney4family! You do make a pretty good case for Epcot...I forgot about a lot of this! The spouse isn't too big on thrill rides, but there really are a lot more things to do.
Wish we had more than one day. :(

Disney4family

Thanks Disney4family! You do make a pretty good case for Epcot...I forgot about a lot of this! The spouse isn't too big on thrill rides, but there really are a lot more things to do.
Wish we had more than one day. :(
No trip is ever long enough. It'll give you something to look forward to for the next trip!

The Empress Lilly

But the spouse and I really enjoyed HS back in the day( when they called it MGM!) It's kind of "our" park. And I can do Muppets 3D, ToT, Midway Mania and the new Star Tours pretty much all day. I expect. Without feeling really rushed.

And he has never been to DAK...it wasn't even built when he was there last time! I would like to show him Disco Yeti, as I have been talking about it for years now.
A case can always be made for the Studio's! It's a great park, and if it is 'your' park, why not pick it. Although it is currently in transition, I can't keep up with what's closed atm and what isn't. Without the Backlot Tour and Animation the park feels bereft of purpose now. I think right now I might find DHS an experience like visiting Epcot, you can't help but wander around in regret for what is lost. Still, the front half of DHS is as good as anything anybody has ever build.

DAK is the ugly duckling for me, I have some hope it will emerge as a proper WDW park, but it still has a lot of work to be done.

The90skid

Yeah, sounds kind of More awful than it is...
we are artists/performers who do Renaissance Festivals around the country. That's the reason we are in Florida. Since we travel constantly anyway, we decided we don't need anything other than a storage space for now, while we live the gypsy life.
Just concerned for you! So if you are financially ok for a trip in the parks, then I would go to Magic Kingdom. Best bang for the buck using the metric of Number of Attractions per dollar.

Chrononymous

Original Poster
I think right now I might find DHS an experience like visiting Epcot, you can't help but wander around in regret for what is lost.

This sums up Epcot for me. I am so old school...oooh remember when Wonders of Life was here? Remember WOM? Horizons? Imagination? A feeling of Hope for the future? yeah.

But There is enough for me in the Studios to play with, I think. We may really need an extra day.
The Magic Kingdom is a given at this point!

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Splash Mountain is my happy place.
the list of stuff I haven't seen in MK is growing!
With new Fantasyland, the renovated Space Mountain, the interactive HM queue, Little Mermaid, Mine Train, New stuff in Pirates, interactive games...yeah...I think the to-do list keeps growing!

MalMeansBad

Magic Kingdom, hands down. In addition to it having the best lands and rides, I would argue it has also changed the most. If your partner has not been since 92, it would probably be the most interesting/fun. I feel like Disney has put the most time and effort into the MK in recent years, so the other parks just seem a bit subpar when compared.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For you, Magic Kingdom. It has the most to do and would be the fullest day.

For me, Animal Kingdom. I believe it's the highest quality and most unique domestic park.

SAV

Why not get a Park Hopper and do all 4 parks? Hit a couple of highlights in each one and move on to the next. Then you don't have to choose just one.

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Why not get a Park Hopper and do all 4 parks? Hit a couple of highlights in each one and move on to the next. Then you don't have to choose just one.
That's how my mom and I like to roll...But this time it comes down the expense.
Believe me...if I could get a two day package In a reasonable resort for a song...I might consider just that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom