Online Check In timing question

bsiev1977

My online check in window opens in less than 30 days.

My question is: at what time should I be able to go on and do it?
Is it midnight on that date, or is it at some point later in the day.
I ask only because I'm normally up that late most nights, and would like to be able to get that done as soon as possible.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I checked it at 60 days (sometime during the day) for our June stay at POFQ. When we arrived, there was NO record of our having done online check in, and the CM insisted I hadn't done it and told me I had to go to a regular check in line (which, thankfully was very short).

I will never do online check in further out than 10 days from arrival, if at all. Don't know the benefit of checking in further out than that...obviously didn't help us out!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Other than just wanting to get it done so you don't forget, I don't really think there is any advantage to doing online checking earlier than about 10 days before your trip. I doubt it will affect your room request, if that is your concern. That is based on availability at the time you check-in.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
Other than just wanting to get it done so you don't forget, I don't really think there is any advantage to doing online checking earlier than about 10 days before your trip. I doubt it will affect your room request, if that is your concern. That is based on availability at the time you check-in.

Really, it's just about checking another thing off if my list. I'm staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room, so I know there isn't much for me to request as far as my room goes.

The only thing I can think if doing really is giving a heads up that I'll be getting in quite early, and hope to just have my card or Magic Band ready for my 7am breakfast rez at Chef Mickey.

Upvote 0

Jboccuzzi

That's interesting. That might cause me to change my views on this topic. How far in advance did you do online check in?

If I remember correctly it was about 50 days out. They do give you 2 weeks to decide on how you want to customize the bands and then they ship them. So give yourself enough time. Of you don't customize them you get gray ones when you check in at the resort.

Upvote 0

SMS55

The only thing I can think if doing really is giving a heads up that I'll be getting in quite early, and hope to just have my card or Magic Band ready for my 7am breakfast rez at Chef Mickey.

That won't be an issue. On my last trip I had to book two reservations because during my trip one promotion ended and the other began. I stated it on my reservation for purposes of not having to leave the room. I went to the front desk at 7:30 am before hopping on a bus to head to the parks and my package was already to go. According to the CM the system updates itself in the middle of the night all the new arrival packages can be ready as early as 6:00am. You can also drop off your luggage and they'll take it your room if you arrive before check in.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
That won't be an issue. On my last trip I had to book two reservations because during my trip one promotion ended and the other began. I stated it on my reservation for purposes of not having to leave the room. I went to the front desk at 7:30 am before hopping on a bus to head to the parks and my package was already to go. According to the CM the system updates itself in the middle of the night all the new arrival packages can be ready as early as 6:00am. You can also drop off your luggage and they'll take it your room if you arrive before check in.

That's cool. 6am would give me enough time to get over to Chef Mickey for my 7am rez.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom