One table service ...MK or HS

ELG13

Original Poster
Last trip we were on the DDP so we ate and ate and ATE. We also were there for a week so we had plenty of time to stop for dinner every night. This time it's 4 nights in September so we don't want to spend too much time at TS meals. However I would like to do one. We are doing MK and HS (hooray for toy story!!!). If you could pick one table service meal between the two, which would it be? We've never been to HS and I know their restaurant options are limited but I'm up for anything. Just nothing too fancy since we have 2 kids (4 and 7). Most of our dining last trip was in the resorts so we still have plenty of restaurants we haven't tried in MK.
Also...if you have any MUST try snacks. I feel like Everytime we go we get so excited about Mickey pretzels (that cheese!!!!!!!) And popcorn , And Casey's corner for lunch that we don't venture out.

ELG13

Original Poster
I had ADRs in October for LTT but changed it...Is it that good? The menu didn't stand out to me so we ended up at whispering canyon(which was phenomenal!).

Schneewittchen

In MK, I'm really fond of Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace. No thoughts on DHS.

Skipper Canteen is just really interesting. My family had a great lunch there back in November. We walked up without a reservation, very cool. Shu mai for an appetizer - pretty good. I think I the steak salady stuff - yum. DH had the falafel. My son had the kids steak and my daughter had mac n cheese, of course. The server was awesome too, nice, jokey, really took care of us.

Liberty Tree is just wholesome, standard American Sunday night dinner stuff and sometimes that really hits the spot. Of course everyone loves roasted turkey and meat and mashed potatoes. And beer. Good times.

And I guess Crystal Palace just gives me all the feels. It was the first character meal we took my son to when he was a baby. He was just over the moon to meet Winnie and Tigger. And it's a pretty decent buffet. And the AC is cold....

ELG13

Original Poster
Aki
In MK, I'm really fond of Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace. No thoughts on DHS.

Skipper Canteen is just really interesting. My family had a great lunch there back in November. We walked up without a reservation, very cool. Shu mai for an appetizer - pretty good. I think I the steak salady stuff - yum. DH had the falafel. My son had the kids steak and my daughter had mac n cheese, of course. The server was awesome too, nice, jokey, really took care of us.

Liberty Tree is just wholesome, standard American Sunday night dinner stuff and sometimes that really hits the spot. Of course everyone loves roasted turkey and meat and mashed potatoes. And beer. Good times.

And I guess Crystal Palace just gives me all the feels. It was the first character meal we took my son to when he was a baby. He was just over the moon to meet Winnie and Tigger. And it's a pretty decent buffet. And the AC is cold....
Skipper canteen was one I've been wanting to try. We were between that and ohana last trip...I jumped at ohana as it's been a family favorite but I won't make that mistake again.

What's the quick service like in HS? I know they are adding one with toy story land.

ELG13

Original Poster
Be Our Guest is prob my fave restaurant in WDW. It's so pretty and really feels like stepping into the movie! The food was great and the exclusive wine menu was very fun.
Ive never been able to see an ADR for BOG. Is it available on the app or do you have to call like for CRT?

ELG13

Original Poster
Good luck!! It's a really fun experience! I much preferred dinner but it's a good setting for lunch as well. Breakfast doesn't usually fill up quite as fast but I've heard it's pricy. Hope that helps =)

Absolutely! If we can't get that then we can do jungle nav or even chef Mickey's if we want to splurge...we loved it last time but the price tag didn't sting as much since we were on the DDP.

Rlandrigan

Skipper's Canteen is awesome - BOG is turning into what may be a signature for dinner, so be advised, it might be pricier than expected. In HS, was really, really impressed with Prime Time this January, a lot of fun and the food was good.

ELG13

Original Poster
Skipper's Canteen is awesome - BOG is turning into what may be a signature for dinner, so be advised, it might be pricier than expected. In HS, was really, really impressed with Prime Time this January, a lot of fun and the food was good.
Great to hear!! I'm gonna pull the menu for BOG up..I would love to do it but need to make sure it fits in the budget and that the food is worth it for us. I'm leaving towards skipper just bc I've looked at it for 2 separate trips and I've always heard great things.
What about the sci-fi drive in at HS? I thought the kids might enjoy it??

SAV

Since the QS offerings are so poor in DHS, we always do our 1 TS per trip there. That and there is always more time for food since there isn't as much to do there. We generally eat a late lunch/early dinner at around 3pm and snack around that. The last couple of trips we've done Sci-Fi. We have also done 50's Prime Time and Mama Melrose's.

ELG13

Original Poster
Since the QS offerings are so poor in DHS, we always do our 1 TS per trip there. That and there is always more time for food since there isn't as much to do there. We generally eat a late lunch/early dinner at around 3pm and snack around that. The last couple of trips we've done Sci-Fi. We have also done 50's Prime Time and Mama Melrose's.
Is Mama Melrose the lady and the tramp one?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
My family owns an Italian restaurant (real Italian...not olive garden lol) so going out for Italian has to be for a really REALLY good Italian restaurant...so guess that one's off the list .

Lol. Then you would be very underwhelmed at Tony’s.
People who think Olive Garden is good Italian.... :hilarious::hilarious:

ELG13

Original Poster
So...maybe we could do a resort for dinner since HS doesn't have that much. I figure even with toy story land we probably won't be nearly as busy as we are at MK.

MomofPrincessGrace

Hollywood & Vine has a pretty decent buffet, but its pricey. In HS we really loved Sci-Fi. The food was really good, and you get to sit at tables shaped like cars! The homemade candy bar for dessert was awesome, and I dont even like dessert usually. At MK for buffet/character dining we really liked Crystal Palace. She food was always hot and the buffet was always full. I also love the feeling of the restaurant, feels like you are in a greenhouse almost. Plus, Pooh and friends are always fun to see! I prefer BOG for lunch if you can get it. The roast beef sandwich is REALLY good!

ELG13

Original Poster
Hollywood & Vine has a pretty decent buffet, but its pricey. In HS we really loved Sci-Fi. The food was really good, and you get to sit at tables shaped like cars! The homemade candy bar for dessert was awesome, and I dont even like dessert usually. At MK for buffet/character dining we really liked Crystal Palace. She food was always hot and the buffet was always full. I also love the feeling of the restaurant, feels like you are in a greenhouse almost. Plus, Pooh and friends are always fun to see! I prefer BOG for lunch if you can get it. The roast beef sandwich is REALLY good!
Most of the buffets I've looked at are just too pricey. We don't eat that much. Surprisingly my mom and husband both said they would rather go to Wilderness Lodge for whispering canyon! They love it when we went last year so we may just hop on the bus from HS to there for dinner!

HouCuseChickie

If you want inside one of the parks, I'd go for Skipper Canteen in MK or Brown Derby in HS. Alternately, you could look to restaurants in the neighboring resorts. The buffets and AYCTE places often suffer from quality issues since they are turning out mass amounts of food and that process also often leads to a more inflated price tag. I know some people veer away from the signatures due to costs, but many also find that the appetizers can make nice entrees which puts them in similar price points to non-signature spots if you take that approach. I know my mom often goes to Cali Grill and just gets a flatbread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom