One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’d eliminate the Beverly soft drink because it flat out sucks. Many Disney fans (myself included) don’t like the taste of it, so it should go.
But it’s so much fun to lure first time visitors into trying it 😂😂

For real I once spent the better part of an afternoon just getting unsuspecting newbies into sampling it for my own amusement.

I’m not proud of this, but I also don’t regret it. 😈😈🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Solaris Knight

BONUS CHALLENGE

View attachment 565151

With so many iconic theme park snacks there’s always that one dud in the lineup. Your bonus challenge for this prompt is simple:

-Challenge-
If you could eliminate any theme park snack which would it be, and why?

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, June 22nd at 10:00 PM EST.

All players who submit for this prompt get an additional bonus point, even if they did not participate in the Tokyo Treats main challenge.
Does Corn on the cob count as a snack? Barring that, my vote is for Churros, since
churro only has a shelf life of about 4 minutes.

1624330067658.jpeg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
BONUS CHALLENGE

View attachment 565151

With so many iconic theme park snacks there’s always that one dud in the lineup. Your bonus challenge for this prompt is simple:

-Challenge-

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, June 22nd at 10:00 PM EST.

All players who submit for this prompt get an additional bonus point, even if they did not participate in the Tokyo Treats main challenge.
I’d eliminate the Disneyland turkey legs for reasons others have already said. Just seeing people eating those makes me gag.

FigmentPigments

BONUS CHALLENGE

View attachment 565151

-Challenge-

-Rules-

Disney-World-chocolate-covered-banana-600x461.jpg

Frozen bananas seem to be very hit or miss for people since the chocolate shell falls off leaving just a cold banana when the whole idea is get one full bite each time. Disney has other better snacks that fit the lands (turkey legs), can be altered to fit a certain theme (churro lightsabers), or they are uniquely Disney (Mickey ice cream bars), but this frozen treat can be found anywhere, and frankly, the phallic shape is kind of disturbing.

FigmentPigments

Prompt 7
Tokyo Treats

11-53709.jpeg

View attachment 564865

Bring a fork and a knife for these Tokyo treats, give it everything you got for these Tokyo treats! As if you haven't guessed yet this stanza is all about food! Over in Japan both Disney and Universal Studios have some of the cutest and most creative concepts for treats, and love them or hate them they inspire guests to take photos and eat them! This challenge will see all you imagineers become chefs for a bit! For this challenge we are back to the regular rules of the One Sentence Competition.

-Challenge-
Create a new trendy treat for either Tokyo Disneyland Resort or Universal Studios Japan.

-Rules-

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Fossilized Amber
Japanese-desserts-4.jpg
Mizu shingen mochi or raindrop cake is a dessert made of water and agar that is supposed to resemble a raindrop (clear version above) and the resulting mildly sweet dessert has virtually no calories and makes for a great vegetarian/vegan alternative.

The Fossilized Amber will be colored to resemble the iconic amber topper of Hammond's cane (Jurassic Park), and when guests dig in, they will encounter a mosquito made of molasses-like syrup, called kuromitsu, and soybean flour, called kinako; making this extremely instagramble dessert ask guests if they can truly eat water at Universal Studios Japan.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 565473
Frozen bananas seem to be very hit or miss for people since the chocolate shell falls off leaving just a cold banana when the whole idea is get one full bite each time. Disney has other better snacks that fit the lands (turkey legs), can be altered to fit a certain theme (churro lightsabers), or they are uniquely Disney (Mickey ice cream bars), but this frozen treat can be found anywhere, and frankly, the phallic shape is kind of disturbing.
I mean, as long as no one's like swallowing it down whole, it should be fine...

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews
Super Nintendo World Kit Kats:View attachment 564870
As part of a new collaboration between Nintendo, Universal, and Nestle, new Kit Kat flavors exist for Super Nintendo World. Try a Mario Kit Kat, which is strawberry flavored, a Luigi Kit Kat (lime), a Peach Kit Kat (peach flavoured, duh), a Yoshi Kit Kat (watermelon flavoured), or a Bowser Kit Kat (cinnamon), all of which are coming soon.
Kit Kats are extremely popular in Japan for some reason with every flavor under the sun seemingly applied already so these as a new snack option make logical sense. All the flavors match up pretty well to the characters they are meant to represent although I'm hesitant on how a Lime or Watermelon chocolate will taste, but if they could blueberry work I don't see why those couldn't work!

Thief's Macaron

macarons-7-min-1024x683.jpg

One of USJ's latest treats during their Cool Japan event (which features temporary attractions based around anime and video games) is this Lupin III-inspired serving of the classic French treat known as the macaron. These macarons are sold in batches of three and are available in green, red, pink, or blue (inspired by the numerous jackets Lupin has worn throughout the franchise).​
A good usage of the popular seasonal event at USJ and even better incorporation of a snack into the event. The snack itself is simple yet it matches its source material really well, and the colours referencing Lupin's jackets is a nice bonus!

View attachment 564882
To tie in with Tokyo DisneySea's new Frozen land, the park has released a new ice cream treat in Olaf's likeness! Three scoops of vanilla ice cream on a stick shaped into a snowman's shape with chocolate-covered pretzels for arms and a candy corn nose make for a scrumptious snack on a hot summer's day.​
Turning a classic treat such as a sundae into a cute snack looking like Olaf would be a huge hit over at Tokyo Disneyland! These character themed snacks are always popular, and constantly see plenty of social media posting (just look at the aliens mochi!). This fun treat would likely be as popular as the alien mochi, chantu tails, Minnie ice pops, etc. Good job!

Disneyland Wagashi
img_222897_3.jpg

Wagashi, a traditional Japanese confection traditionally filled with red bean paste, is as popular as they are cute. More recently sold to look like chibi versions of popular characters (as shown above) the Oriental Land Company will be taking cues from this trend and will soon be selling wagashi representations of both parks' attractions and characters, such as Chandu and Shiriki Utundu.​
I had no clue what wagashi was before this post, but wow those treats sure are cute! Including park original characters such as Chandu is a great expansion of the current offerings of wagashi, and would likely be very popular given how much people seem to love these cute snacks and characters over seas!

HELLO KITTY CHUCKY
ICKY BUNS
s-l640.jpg

For a limited time only during Universal Studios Japan’s Halloween Horror Nights, the sadistic and the sweet come together in a quintessentially Japanese way with the scrumptious Hello Kitty Chucky Icky Buns, steamed pork buns available for ¥550 and served in a yellow Playpals doll case. She’ll be your friend until the very end, when you bite into her spongily soft skull and red bits of pork sauce and brain matter come oozing out! 🙀
Oh wow Hello Kitty Chucky is a real think! I thought that was a fan edit, but nope it's real! This is vile in the best way possible, just the idea of the eating Hello Kitty's brain with it oozing and gushing out gives me the shivers! However given that this is for HHN the treat is a great fit, especially given there's a Hello Kitty subland at USJ allows for this snack to fit in even better. I always knew those Hello Kitty conspiracies were true 👀

ARIEL’S TEMPURA FRIED ICE CREAM

View attachment 564923

This colorful and flavorful treat will be available as part of a new court of snack stands in the Mermaid Lagoon port at Tokyo DisneySea. It’s sure to be a big hit with locals and tourists alike!

I've never had tempura fried ice cream before, but I have heard really great things about it! I wish there was a bit more detail such as the flavor of the ice cream or if the presentation will have special colors or decorations to tie into the mermaid theme. With that said I agree that this would be a hit I do believe that tempura fried ice cream is a rather popular and neat treat!

SUPER MARIO'S SUPER POWER UP M&MS CANDY
View attachment 564883
As you thought Super Nintendo World's candy is sweet like 1-up mushrooms, but you have try new Super Mario's Super Power Up M&Ms Candy with Mario characters in each different colorful M&Ms candy like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, Wario, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong and more. If you taste the power like other power ups, the candy melts on your mouth, not your hands!
Tying the colorful cast of Super Mario characters to the equally colorful M&M shells is a logical choice, and with the recent opening the M&M we have seen that characters can be translated really well onto the candy so that should cross over really well. Since this is the first project submitted this round this is the project I will be counting for ranking, but like usual I will review all submitted projects. For the future, if you would like, mention which post you would want to count for rankings (assuming the post follows the set rules). Again this to keep everything fair for all the competitors.

ROGER RABBIT'S WACKY ICE CREAM CAKES
View attachment 564889

Here at Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown, new Roger Rabbit's Wacky Ice Cream Cakes take you squashed like a giant ice cube falls down you from the skies, yes it's strawberry favor ice cream cakes with Roger Rabbit and Baby Herman shapes like Roger & Baby Herman's face for Maroon Cartoons intro. You can also have chocolate ice cream cakes with Jessica Rabbit shapes too!
This is such a cute idea! Roger Rabbit has held up in popularity far more in Tokyo Disneyland when compared in the states, likely due to the cuteness factor, and as such would make sense for a treat. I think the concept of the ice cream cake is really clever having it be like a falling anvil with the cartoon faces on top.
LUCKY CAT CAFE
View attachment 564931

Locating at Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland near by The Happy Ride with Baymax, Lucky Cat Café is best choice to eat
sweet treats such as donuts, cakes, cupcakes, coffee, milk and more. Hiro and Tadashi's aunt, Aunt Cass will love to serve you a good treats to eat as you'll relaxing after riding the rides in Tomorrowland.
Not what the prompt asked for, but the restaurant is a nice addition to the area to flesh out the Big Hero 6 area.

ミッキーの甘いおにぎり
(MICKEY’S SWEET ONIGIRI)

View attachment 564934

The Walt Disney Company and The Oriental Land Company have partnered with OMOSUBI Cake to bring some new sweet treats to the guests of Tokyo Disneyland Resort, which will be exclusively available at Toontown.

This brand new dessert will be designed to look like a classic onigiri in the shape of Mickey, however, the classic seaweed wrapping will be replaced by a crepe made with black cocoa, while sponge cake and flavored whipped cream are used to make up the rice portion; three flavors will be offered at launch: お誕生日おめでとうミッキーおにぎり(Happy Birthday Mickey Onigiri), which will have a classic vanilla cake and whipped cream mixed with finely chopped strawberries for the filling, to imitate a strawberry shortcake; ミッキーチョコマニアおにぎり(Mickey Choco Mania Onigiri), which will have a chocolate cake and vanilla flavored whipped cream for the filling; and 小豆ミッキーおにぎり(Red Bean Mickey Onigiri), which instead of having a cake like the other two, will have a red bean paste bun as the filling.​
Great job working in a classic Japanese treat to fit into the Disney image. Mickey shaped food ALWAYS tastes better, and the way you handled the transformation of this treat from savory to sweet made sense. Each flavor the onigiri was well done with the red bean one as a take on a traditional Japanese flavour being a smart move making sure this treat is authentically Disney distinctly Japanese. Great job!

Joining randomly at Prompt 7? Why not, man. Time to play some catch up

View attachment 565024

'Olu Mel, the Ukulele playing turtle (and newest member of the Tokyo-favorite Duffy and Friends
crew) is visiting DisneySea, and he's brought a special summer treat from Hawaii. His Serenade Sundae
starts with ice cream flavored like melon cream soda (a popular dessert in Japan), topped with strawberry
shiratama dango (a type of mochi), sugared corn flakes, a slice of his special coconut-pineapple cake,
and a chocolate “shell", all in a novelty — and suitably photogenic — 'Olu Mel cup, bringing the sunny
tastes of his Hawaiian home to Tokyo Disney.​
Welcome to the One Sentence Competition, we're happy to see you join! First off wow! Did you photoshop this image yourself? It looks amazing! This treat sounds amazing, you took into account what is popular in Japan and made it fit 'Olu Mel really well. The sundae just screams 'Olu Mel to me based on the colours, while the variety of items in the sundae help to make this a very unique and tasty looking item. Great job!

PRINCESS KAKIGŌRI

10717.jpg

As part of the Ultimate Princess Celebration this year, both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea will be offering its guests the Princess Kakigōri, a Disney take on the popular Japanese shaved ice dessert. Emulating the elegant dresses a princess would wear, the perfectly conical shaved ice (served in a regular or themed souvenir bowl) will be doused with condensed milk and popular kakigōri flavors that are representative of each of the Disney princesses' renowned looks (e.g., "Blue Hawaii" for Ariel, lemon for Belle, grape for Rapunzel, mango for Snow White, etc.) and topped off with an embedded half-body toy figurine of the matching princess, thus completing an edible masterpiece fit for a princess.​
How does this not exist already? This seems like such a no brainer for an in park snack! At least in the US the shaved ice is insanely popular at the Japan pavilion, and the way you just were able to translate it perfectly to match the various Disney princesses was very impressive! This was a clever approach, and something I can see being very popular.

PROMPT SEVEN, CHEEP CHEEP TAIYAKI

View attachment 565209

Enjoy a crispy Japanese treat at Pit Stop Popcorn with a Mario twist with Cheep Cheep Taiyaki, in Peachy Cream, Beanbean Red, and Bowser's Black Sesame.
Super Mario seems to be very popular this challenge, and rightfully so! So many unique treats have been created from this franchise this round, and you have continued that trend! Utilizing a classic Japanese treat while giving it that themed twist of being a Cheep Cheep is such a great and logical move, and the flavors match up with this classic treat. Good job this challenge!

Chocolate Rose Mousse

View attachment 565215
Sold In A Snack Stand By The “Enchanted Tale Of Beauty & The Beast”, The Chocolate Rose Mousse Is A Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Topped With A Fondant Rose That’s Housed Inside The Same Style Container As The Rose Is In BATB.
Great job photoshopping the rose case, it looks really yummy! This is another treat that I'm surprised has yet to be attempted, I can just imagine the throngs of people posting this on their social media. Besides the beauty of the treaty the flavor combination is just logical given how well strawberry and chocolate work together!

(sorry for not posting last round, I got distracted)

マンカブまんじゅ
(Mancub Manju)

p_thejunglebook1967_19869_f10b5016.jpeg

Located in Adventureland in Tokyo Disneyland, Mowgli & Baloo have set up a small restaurant selling those sweet little red bean paste pastries, designed around characters & properties associated with Tokyo Disneyland Resort, like Shiriki Utundu, Baymax & the Fab 5, alongside Mowgli & Baloo's friends from the the original 1967 Jungle Book film.​
Nice touch making the title in Japanese adds an extra level of authenticity for these international challenges we have been having these last couple of prompts. The utilization of the classic Japanese treats and turning them into a treat is smart approach as it approaches to the guests of the park, and the wide array of character shapes aid in diversfying the appeal of the product to the general public. Good job!
Fossilized Amber
View attachment 565476
Mizu shingen mochi or raindrop cake is a dessert made of water and agar that is supposed to resemble a raindrop (clear version above) and the resulting mildly sweet dessert has virtually no calories and makes for a great vegetarian/vegan alternative.

The Fossilized Amber will be colored to resemble the iconic amber topper of Hammond's cane (Jurassic Park), and when guests dig in, they will encounter a mosquito made of molasses-like syrup, called kuromitsu, and soybean flour, called kinako; making this extremely instagramble dessert ask guests if they can truly eat water at Universal Studios Japan.
It's shocking something as simple and pretty as a raindrop cake could have so little calories AND be vegan! I guess the gummies in the parks have gotten me accustomed to the typical run of the mill candy. This candy however is anything but that! The approach taken for this treat is logical, and honestly I'm surprised this hasn't been done for the Velocicoaster given the vast amount of Jurassic World treats they created. I think you hit right on the head with the instagramble aspect, and I really appreciate the photoshop! Great work!

Bonus Thoughts
I would eliminate those pickles that they sell in Liberty Square because anyone who chooses to walk around Magic Kingdom while eating an oversized pickle is a psychopath
Not saying I disagree with you here, but I think @Tegan pilots a chicken would like to have a word ;)

tess-six-flags-final-yt-00-02-00-20-still026-1585931143.jpg

Magic Mountain Sushi
I get why this is a thing, but still why? I feel like Six Flags sushi joins the like of gas station sushi in terms of maybe you shouldn't ever eat that. The photo really does not help its case!

Turkey Off the Table

Screen-Shot-2014-01-02-at-11.39.04-AM.png

It's about time they stopped selling those giant turkey legs as a snack, given they're so oversalted it's like eating a handful of the Sahara Desert and you're left with a string-covered bone messing up your mitts as you gorge yourself.​
Da Disney turkey legs cuz I don’t eat meat & I heard they suck anyways​
This is what I was gonna say
This was my answer when I first posted the bonus challenge! These things are just so greasy 🤢 My mom and I tried to eat one on our first trip back to Disney in an effort to save money and be on a budget. While we were able to split the huge meat stick out stomachs quickly regretted our decision! It's a shame because they smell so delightful, but alas they are so bad. @DashHaber kudos for that description really exemplifying the issues I have with the turkey leg!

SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Disneyland Paris

EceEmphXsAE44PR.jpg:large

I'd imagine these shortbread cookies taste good, given its Main Street Electrical Parade-esque engagements in every seasonal menu possible (and you know, popularity with the French), but there is this thing called "cookie fatigue." Maybe it's time to let it go in the seasonal menus for something else, and create a dessert that's a bit more in theme to whatever seasonal event is happening in the parks?​
Okay I know shortbread is a very whatever kinda treat to many, but like these designs are so cute and so versatile! I get what you mean by too much of a good thing, but like I kinda want one now after seeing the Baloo design 🥺

I’d eliminate the Beverly soft drink because it flat out sucks. Many Disney fans (myself included) don’t like the taste of it, so it should go.
Beverly is awful, but I agree with @Tegan pilots a chicken I love introducing people to the nasty drink! Tastes just like a Nintendo Switch cartridge of GermX, what more is there to love! With that said yea this is pretty bad, but at least we know its bad on purpose now!

Just because something is iconic doesn't mean it's good.
Epcot

PEANUT BUTTER PICKLE CORN DOG
View attachment 565222
This monstrosity, I don’t like pickles and it’s just such a weird mix to wrap my head around.​
WT F DISNEYLAND! This is just straight up nasty! Not even the pictutre looks right! The breading looks all prickly and crusty and musty, the pickle is well a pickle 'nuff said, and then the corndog filling! The filling looks like wet pet food, or what comes out an animal's rear after said pet food! And why the peanut butter 😭
Does Corn on the cob count as a snack? Barring that, my vote is for Churros, since
churro only has a shelf life of about 4 minutes.

View attachment 565314
Corn on the Cob does count as a snack :D

Churros are surprising to be here, but they make sense! I had my first churro last month and it was just okay so I can see how it could be someone's least favorite snack. I know my brother is personally not fond of them claiming they're always too hard/stale.

View attachment 565473
I was a chocolate banana stan. I remember eating one in the shade of Animal Kingdom when I was about four or five, sitting on a towel, watching the Jammin Jungle Parade. It was also very hot! Now why that memory sticks out so much? No clue, but when I started going back to Disney in 2013 I tried one immediately! Not even my rose tinted glasses could have saved my childhood favorite snack for the exact reasons you mentioned!

tcool123

Original Poster
Results

I'm very hungry now after reading all of these amazing Tokyo Treats, but I am glad that bonus challenge as able to make my hunger go away. Now all of you cooked up some amazing ideas, but unfortunately I have to do rankings; still though give yourselves all pats on your backs!

The Barf Bag

1624417083683.png

@DisneyFan18

The Barf Bag is given to the user who had the most gut wrenching park snack for the bonus challenge. I think it comes as no surprise that honor - or rather dishonor, goes to @DisneyFan18 . No offense to the fans of this item, but wow that looks VERY unappetizing!

Ps5WGu1.png

@montydysquith-navarro
A really neat concept for the challenge utilizing a Japanese standard! The utilization of the flavors and their colors matching the princess's dresses was a great approach to the idea. I'm honestly surprised this has yet to happen at any park, and I'm sure once it does it would likely be carried over to many other Disney parks around the world.

L30Y5yp.png

@DisneyFan18
Another challenge, another great submission! I love how you were able to customize a traditional Japanese treat into something very sweet yet yummy. The various flavors in both English and Japanese were nice touches and added to the realism of your idea. Another added bonus point to the realism were the two more traditional "American" dessert cakes along with red bean treat which be popular given the usage of red bean throughout the sweets in Japan.

zihTg3C.png

@FigmentPigments
This treat was ingenious! It utilizes a classic Japanese treat, but with such a clever twist by making the amber from Jurassic Park. While the amber isn't something traditionally eaten in the films I can't see this not being a smash hit with guests given just how iconic the amber is. A really great job on the treat down to the flavors and edibility of the mosquito as well!

DrRz15D.png

@InspectorSpacetime

You came in swinging, and well you hit a homerun with this treat! You took into mind the popularity of the Duffy & Friends characters overseas, and crafted a sundae that not only sounded delicious but looked it as well! The usage of popular Japanese flavors alongside the fun combinations of toppings and middings? midtoppings? was a great addition to the sundae offering a variety of textures to the ice cream making this a delight to the tongue as well as the eyes!

tcool123

Original Poster
Standings

1. @montydysquith-navarro - 10 Points
2. @FigmentPigments - 9 Points
3. @D Hulk - 9 Points
4. @DisneyFan18 - 9 Points
5. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 8 Points
6. @Disney Warrior - 8 Points
7. @Brer Panther - 7 Points
8. @DashHaber - 7 Points
9. @Solaris Knight- 6 Points
10. @DisneyFan32
- 6 Points
11. @Sharon&Susan - 5 Points
12. @Evilgidgit - 5 Points
13. @spacemt354 - 5 Points
14. @Orange Cat - 5 Points
15. @b-wolf95 - 4 Points
16. @JokersWild - 4 Points
17. @Arktic - 3 Points
18. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
19. @InspectorSpacetime - 2 Points​

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 8 REDUX
You're the Star at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Season 1 Challenge 7

1624420860600.png

In this prompt we return to the first ever season of the One Sentence Competition to take a look back at to the seventh challenge. Inspired by the interactive games that had popped up at every park by 2013, players were tasked with gifting Disney's Hollywood Studios its very own interactive game. Eight years later we revisit this very concept allowing us all to come up with our own ideas! For those unaware interactive games in the park consist of the former Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas at Magic Kindom, Wilderness Explorers at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the upcoming DuckTales World Tour at Epcot.

-Challenge-
Create a new interactive game for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Friday, June 25th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Ticatoc_

Filmmaker Adventure

Movie Camera (2).jpg

Upon entering the Filmmaker Adventure's studio, located near Echo Lake, you are given a random list of 5 scenes out of 25, that you need to film in order to create your movie.
Following that, you will have to travel to the different "sets", that can be located in each land of the park, to "film" the scenes, by triggering hidden animatronics with your magic band, before returning to the studio to watch your movie (made up of pre-recorded video of your scenes) that you can download for free

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom