One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI - The End is Near (9/11 :P)

It's nice! If you plan on writing more, can you edit your original review post to feature up to 7 reviews in order to avoid clutter? Thanks
I was going to do that, but it might need some extra time. I’ll try doing the rest on Tuesday.

Edit 1: Must added 2 reviews to the list! Will get more done later!

Edit 2: Finished! Will get the next batch of pitchs done on Thursday!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I’m going to write down some guest reviews. @Architectural Guinea Pig said it was okay.

View attachment 814059

Disney’s Ancient American Adventure - @cdunlap
For someone who absolutely LOVES ancient culture (that’s you btw), you did a really interesting prompt for ancient civilizations that are the Aztec, Mayans & Incans! The thing I found interesting about your pitch was the codes, like with the defunct decoder cards from Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, these scattered around the park makes this stand out & I think it would be pretty fun trying to decode the massages (I would absolutely suck at it).

Bonus 1 - How long would it take to raft down all those rivers?
Bonus 3 - They’re a cutie!

Disney’s Dixieland Adventure - @Lord Fozzinator
This ultimately feels like a revival of Walt Disney’s Riverfront Square, and this played out really good. I really think taking the castle park direction for this made it really interesting, like Florida being the Tomorrowland, Texas being the Frontierland & The Deep South being the Adventureland!

Bonus 1 - Zootopia Hot Pursuit: States in the south edition!
Bonus 2 - You got nothing? YOU LOSE! (JK, it works for the bonus).
Bonus 3 - He doesn’t bite, right?

Disney’s Florida Adventure - @Disney Warrior
Went in the DCA formula. Nice! I really like the way you did your lands and IPs, and I think this would play out very well, not like DCA 2001, but like it’s 2012 transformation! Like just hope that if this was real, it wouldn't go too far into the “current DCA state,” way too many IPs.

Bonus 1 - You can’t go wrong with Stitch. Fun coaster concept.
Bonus 2 - Anything works for the logo!
Bonus 3 - Perfect for a mascot role indeed!

Disney’s Evil Doppleganger Adventure - @Tony the Tigger
This is a small, but intriguing idea for an evil Disneyland. I really like the idea of Maleficent haunting the 999 ghosts of the haunted mansion, and a evil Mickey Mouse and Pooh Bear would be dope!

Disney’s American Adventure - @Brer Panther
You revived the Disney’s America concept PERFECTLY and Love this! The idea for having the park focus on the American country with touches of Disney IPs that fit america is great, and the IPs you chose (Muppets, Princess and the Frog, Toy Story, Cars) are amazing! I would love to see a full walkthrough of this! It’s just perfect! I want to visit this park!

Bonus 1 - Fun Everglades rapids ride! It’s would be fun to ride it (and get wet)!
Bonus 3 - Glad Sam is still cared about!

Disney’s Pacific Adventure - @D Hulk
Another revived Disney Park that was knocked out of the books! Finally doing a clone of DisneySea on the west coast is a fantastic idea! I really like how you incorporated the IPs you chose (Moana, Finding Nemo, Ghibli, Big Hero 6)! They would fit really well here! An overall great job!

Bonus 1 - Yass who can wrong with Atlantis?
Bonus 2 - It's okay. You don’t need to accomplish everything.
Bonus 3 - Pacifica vs Uh oa. who would win?

Disney’s Canadian Adventure - @WaltWiz1901
You did a small, but simple ay game for a disney canada park! I unfortunately can’t really think of much to sayfor your pitch for some reason, but this would really be cool to see how this would play out!

Bonus 1 - I remember the Yukon M.tain pitch from the Ideal Buildout EPCOT Center buildout! like how you reused it!
Bonus 3 - Mark Davis getting remembered… May he fly high…
And it didn’t even take you a month!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

That was very sweet. Thank you for your efforts.

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wait ngl @Half/CartoonHalf/Human you have convinced me to get the reviews in. You've been a very helpful source of motivation since you joined and sincerely I wish you lots of luck when you join What if? in a few months. Thank you so much and I'll see you tomorrow (with the reviews and the results)!

I just realized, that today is 9/11 and it feels a bit awkward to end it on this day. Let this be a day of silence, of remembering...

Last edited:
And here’s the second batch a day early since the official reviews are coming out tomorrow:
IMG_0503.jpeg

Disney’s New England Adventure - @OSUPhantom
I, for one, am not familiar with New England. It really took away what this park was based about (I’m not sure if it was for American or the England in London), but it is certainly a theme that would make for a interesting park. And yes I would be eating at the dunkin (donuts?)

Bonus 1 - Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!
Bonus 3 - He certainly is fishy

Disney’s Route 66 Adventure - @Rock Wren
A road trip themed park? This is in my bags! I love how you said that you would reuse the original road trip way to Disneyland and with all that you included here! It makes a really cool idea! My only problem with it though is that why is it a retheme of DCA? It’s a little weird that you went in that direction, but hey, reusing some existing parts of it works for me!

Bonus 1 - Looks like Mickey got into some road troubles again (The reference is from the mickeys trailer short)
Bonus 2 - Nicely done logo
Bonus 3 - Monstro 2.0?

I’ll get some more reviews done later if I can!

Tony the Tigger

Wait ngl @Half/CartoonHalf/Human you have convinced me to get the reviews in. You've been a very helpful source of motivation since you joined and sincerely I wish you lots of luck when you join What if? in a few months. Thank you so much and I'll see you tomorrow (with the reviews and the results)!

I just realized, that today is 9/11 and it feels a bit awkward to end it on this day. Let this be a day of silence, of remembering...
So then they are ready to go, and you just didn’t want to post them out of respect for 9/11? So you can post them all immediately, right?

Because I’m sure you wouldn’t dare edit your post to add using 9/11 as an excuse when you were just not ready again.

💅🏻

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So then they are ready to go, and you just didn’t want to post them out of respect for 9/11? So you can post them all immediately, right?

Because I’m sure you wouldn’t dare edit your post to add using 9/11 as an excuse when you were just not ready again.

💅🏻
fr ☺️☺️☺️

Another Edit :eek: - Tony will be infuriated but having finished 4 hours of precalc homework it is time to move that review deadline to tomorrow- but I already wrote a lot

Last edited:
This might be a BIT too late, but I still had an idea for the prompt.

Disney’s Worlds - Universes of Adventure

IMG_0509.jpeg

Representing Most of the Disney catalog of what the biggest corporation in the world (up to knowledge), Disney‘s Worlds - Universes of Adventure represents the major franchises and companies of the rich two-eared mouse.

After entering through the parks Main Street, Legacy Street (which is based around the lives and legacies of all the company founders, mostly Walt though), Gateways to each Disney Universe can be found, such as LucasFilm, Marvel, Disney, Muppets, Pixar, 20th Century Fox and more!

Bonus 1
IMG_0510.jpeg

One of the parks major E-Tickets is Walt Disney’s Railroad, A mix of the casual train rides at the Disney Castle Parks, mixed with a bit of One Man’s Dream and other Walt Disney related attractions at the parks; upon boarding the train, we go through a mixture sets and the story that was Walt’s life.
Bonus 3
IMG_0511.jpeg

The parks mascots are Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse! (I went in a MAJOR Walt route)

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Batch #1
1726292497167.png

Funny not having seen you here before and funny that I’m telling you this late - but welcome to the game! I very much enjoy this pitch, because it’s ambitious but grounded at the same time. You have a very famous knowledge of the Ancient Americas, and here your pitch particularly shines with the culture and beauty of the Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, etc. Even better is how fitting this is in Florida, with its tropical climate and historical context. Honestly, going through places like the Andes Mountain and the Yucatan Jungles in the Florida climate doesn’t hinder it - it supports it and weirdly I feel that with an ample amount of misters, it will feel pretty cool in the humid air. Again, I love your little additions and easter eggs throughout the park, from frescos and glyphs to calendars. The picture paints a nice image along with the lands provided - all of them feel very fresh and vibrant, and I would genuinely love to visit this park!

+1 Bonus - OMG imagine riding this in Winter
+1 Bonus - I love Quetz! Isn’t he from the Google culture game?

Disney’s Dixieland Adventure - @Lord Fozzinator

Throughout this game, you grew with very “American” or reverent concepts, and seriously I had lots of fun watching you participate. While not all concepts in the beginning hit the mark, eventually you found your voice and was able to shine with a bunch of really fun and interesting concepts! I’m not very knowledgeable about of the culture of the southern states (except y’know lol), but the Dixieland part of America is underrated and beautiful. The idea of the entire park on not only the banks of the Mississippi but also bordered by water on all sides, making a sort of vacation island, is interesting and also unique. While it won’t hold tons of opportunity for expansion space, it holds a sort of “journey to magic” vibe, like the Seven Seas Lagoon at MK. The Dixieland castle-style park is probably the only miss of this pitch, but only because there’s so many things that could make this park it’s very own, and it doesn’t need any Space Mountain/Jungle Cruise copies! A giant Appalachian mountain range at the center ringed with different lands around it would seem slightly more appealing, but great work all around! The hotels sound very appealing too/

+1 Bonus - Gone Going With the Wind?
+1 Bonus - Gary the Gator

Disney’s Florida Adventure - @Disney Warrior

LOL, I saw this pitch coming from miles away! While its heavily discussed all around, a Florida Adventure would still sound very fun. This leads back to your style in the game, which I saw to be very fun, utilizing relevant and interesting ip into levels beyond. While the overarching idea isn’t super original, it’s the lands, the meat of the park, that are unique and vibrant, differing from the “sleepy” park I generally imagined for a Florida Adventure. Is Citrusville in similar vein to the Citrusland winning project from Citrus Dreamin’ (totally not made by AGP lol)? The land was always one of my favorites to work on and easily I can see this fitting right in. Daytona but with a Cars twist is super fun, and I would rather have it here than in MK. Swampland, Florida Keys, Buccaneer Cove, and Pensacola are all great concepts and are worth visiting. Inserting related IP that is relevant and fresh is such a good move, even considering fan hate of IP in the parks. Again, while I didn't go in super interesting, I am very hooked with your pitch! It’s an adventure through Florida in a matter of minutes.

+1 Bonus - Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride
+1 Bonus - Genius with the F
+1 BONUS - OB OB OB

Disney’s Evil Doppelganger Adventure - @Tony the Tigger

Wow this is completely off the hinges and weirdly great. Literally off the hinges, as no park is involved, but lol it’s fun. I enjoy Evil Tiki Birds very much, and I hope they sing an excellent rendition of Poor Unfortunate Souls. Is your evil doppelganger Tigger the Tony? Sounds very evil and macho lmao - still giving you the point for this because I adore your evildoing SO MUCH​
  • Signed, DEarchitectural GUINEA PIG​

Disney’s America Adventure - @Brer Panther
HAH ALSO SAW THIS COMING FROM MILES AWAY! As another returning player of OSC, your strong suit clearly is the idea of taking niche but memorable IPs and making the most exciting of lands from them. You had a ton of standout pitches throughout the game - and even though America Adventure isn’t an original concept, the meat that you’ve built into the park is still so explorable. New York is my favorite pitch coming from inside the lands, as filled with the Muppets, it’s chaotic and devilishly fun- my cup of tea. I love the other lands, but there’s a surprising lack of a real national park style land with redwood trees, with the only substitute being the Grizzly style raft ride but in the relatively barren everglades? The forestry and fresh air of Northwestern national park must find a home here… or in Tokyo (hint hint)! Radiator Springs fits everywhere, especially in this park, where you changed the definition of an American Adventure to an American Adventure through Time, which is… bravo!

+1 Bonus - Gary the Gator Attacks Tourists
+1 Bonus - Birds of a Feather

Tony the Tigger

fr ☺️☺️☺️

Another Edit :eek: - Tony will be infuriated but having finished 4 hours of precalc homework it is time to move that review deadline to tomorrow- but I already wrote a lot
So you did use 9/11 as an excuse. You weren’t ready, and pretended you were ready, just not posting out of a feigned reverence for the day, as I suspected.

I think that’s pretty crummy, and you should have more respect for the people who died that day, like my friend Tonyell McDay, who was in her 20’s.

I’ll unfollow the thread now. I’ve joked about it along the way, but I feel the way this challenge was handled was inconsiderate of others’ time and efforts. I hadn’t seen another one like it. Someone else should have taken over a long time ago.

Your schoolwork comes first, of course. But if you can’t handle both (plus apparently another challenge) then don’t, that’s OK, too. Know when to ask for help when you’re in over your head. People would respect that.

If you take lessons from this about not biting off more than you can chew, respecting others’ time, and honoring your commitments (regardless of whether it was voluntary or not) then it will have been worth it.

My best to you. Good luck to the remaining contestants.

Sorry, I’m older and blunt. Not that sorry. 😆

cdunlap

Funny not having seen you here before and funny that I’m telling you this late - but welcome to the game! I very much enjoy this pitch, because it’s ambitious but grounded at the same time. You have a very famous knowledge of the Ancient Americas, and here your pitch particularly shines with the culture and beauty of the Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, etc. Even better is how fitting this is in Florida, with its tropical climate and historical context. Honestly, going through places like the Andes Mountain and the Yucatan Jungles in the Florida climate doesn’t hinder it - it supports it and weirdly I feel that with an ample amount of misters, it will feel pretty cool in the humid air. Again, I love your little additions and easter eggs throughout the park, from frescos and glyphs to calendars. The picture paints a nice image along with the lands provided - all of them feel very fresh and vibrant, and I would genuinely love to visit this park!
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it because I will be expanding upon this concept soon!

OSUPhantom

Disney’s New England Adventure - @OSUPhantom
I, for one, am not familiar with New England. It really took away what this park was based about (I’m not sure if it was for American or the England in London), but it is certainly a theme that would make for a interesting park. And yes I would be eating at the dunkin (donuts?)
New England is an unofficial name for the six northeast most states; Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom