One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 656924
I want to say thank you to all of those who have competed over the course of the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun, we have been able to break a One Sentence by having the largest cast to date hitting thirty-one players! Going beyond just numbers though it has been a joy to have been your host for our Summer Fun, and none of this couldn't have happened without every single one you, yes all thirty-one of you, as your ideas helped to fuel this very competition. So before I reveal the final point tally I want leave you all with one last message...

Oh, man. I've missed the finales, I don't know what next competition soon? Dang it!

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 656926
30 (Tied). @SplashZander - 1

30 (Tied). @FulcrumSolo - 1

28 (Tied). @Shannoninthemagic - 2

28 (Tied). @NateD1226 - 2

27. @ThemeParkPriest - 3

25 (Tied). @Henry Mystic - 3
(2 Bronze Surfboards)

25 (Tied). @MisterPenguin - 3
(1 Silver Surfboard)

24. @Hoopa- 3
(1 Golden Surfboard)

22 (Tied). @Honey Bee (Rebooted) - 4

22 (Tied). @InspectorSpacetime - 4

21. @Disney Dad 3000- 5
(1 Silver Surfboard)

20. @James G. - 5
(1 Honorable Mention, 1 Bronze Surfboard, 1 Golden Surfboard)

18 (Tied). @DashHaber - 6

18 (Tied). @kmbmw777 - 6

16 (Tied). @Solaris Knight - 7

16 (Tied). @DisneyFan32 - 7

15. @MagicKingdom4Ever - 8

14. @spacemt354 - 9
(1 Honorable Mention)

13. @TwilightZone - 10
(2 Honorable Mentions)

12. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 10
(1 Honorable Mention, 1 Bronze Surfboard)

11. @D Hulk- 12
(1 Silver Surfboard, 2 Golden Surfboards)

10. @cdunlap - 15
(2 Bronze Surfboards)

9. @mharrington - 15
(1 Golden Surfboard)

8. @Evilgidgit - 16
(1 Silver Surfboard, 1 Golden Surfboard)

7. @Disney Warrior - 17
(1 Silver Surfboard)

6. @MickeyMouse10 - 18
(1 Honorable Mention, 1 Bronze Surfboard)

5. @Brer Panther - 18
(2 Honorable Mentions, 1 Bronze Surfboard)

4. @Chaos Cat - 18
(1 Honorable Mention, 1 Golden Surfboard)

View attachment 656925
Here are the final results based on the culmination of all the points!

View attachment 656929
@OvertheHorizon is in third place with 20 points!
(3 Honorable Mentions, 1 Silver Surfboard, 1 Golden Surfboard)

View attachment 656928
@Tony the Tigger is in a very close second with 22 points!
(2 Bronze Surfboards, 3 Silver Surfboards, 2 Golden Surfboards)

View attachment 656927
@Suchomimus is our champion of summer fun with 23 points, congratulations to @Suchomimus !
(2 Bronze Surfboards, 2 Silver Surfboards, 3 Golden Surfboards)
Slight update to the points! Just like other iterations of One Sentence a count on the amount of placements was added. These placements are denoted as honorable mentions, bronze surfboards, silver surfboards, and golden surfboards as that is what the ovals were meant to represent.

In addition the surfboard tally was taken into account to break tiebreakers finally allowing for many ties to be broken. The I based the judgement is on this principle:
  • If players are tied, but one has a surfboard and the other doesn't then the player with a surfboard gets placed ahead.
  • If both players are tied and have surfboards, then the player with the highest ranking surfboard gets placed ahead.
    • Two of the same surfboard are equivalent to the next highest ranking surfboard.
      • Ex: A player has two honorable mentions, then this has the same weight as a bronze surfboard.

Suchomimus

Typhoon Tailspin Festival
St-Louis-Cotton-Club-Band-Missouri-1925.jpg
One of the hottest bands to come out from Diesel Bay, the Aurora Australis Band has stormed into Typhoon Lagoon to wash away the blues with the Typhoon Tailspin Festival; an upbeat aviation themed jazz dance party playing renditions of classic hits from the 1920s-30s as well as original songs that are all related to the skies above and the sensation of flight. This ragtag band is made up of members who worked on the planes and with the pilots coming and out Diesel Bay, with Violinist Osmond “Ozzy” Dawn and his wife; Saxophonist Aurora Dawn; both being members of the Society for Knowledge and Yearning.
Bonus: As I had adopted a stray kitten that had wandered onto my home just before the summer, I think there is no other tune that would fit the scenario.

I wonder what Sir William Diesel would think of this, and by Sir William Diesel, I of course mean @D Hulk .

D Hulk

I wonder what Sir William Diesel would think of this, and by Sir William Diesel, I of course mean @D Hulk .
Ooh, I do love this! It fits the S.K.Y. mythos wonderfully well. While I love seeing the storyline extend into Typhoon Lagoon, I can also easily see Typhoon Tailspin Festival working as roaming streetmosphere in the original Diesel Bay. Thanks for pointing this out to me (I went where the internet isn’t - the bottom of the Grand Canyon - during the final week of OSC). And a belated congrats on winning this comp!

Suchomimus

Ooh, I do love this! It fits the S.K.Y. mythos wonderfully well. While I love seeing the storyline extend into Typhoon Lagoon, I can also easily see Typhoon Tailspin Festival working as roaming streetmosphere in the original Diesel Bay. Thanks for pointing this out to me (I went where the internet isn’t - the bottom of the Grand Canyon - during the final week of OSC). And a belated congrats on winning this comp!
Thanks for the kind words, Hulk. It means a lot to me to hear how much you love my idea and how you see this as a part of the world of DisneySKY. Though I should say that the TTF is the name of the event and not the band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom