One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

tcool123

Original Poster
OSC Reviews.png

Avengers: Assemble! by @Disney Warrior
This is a nice plus for guests on the newest Cruise, and is a fun way to tell the story of defeating of defeating Thanos by essentially placing guests in the role of Nick Fury. It would be interesting to know if there is more than just going around the ship, and some interactivity with the story versus just collecting the heroes and bringing them to Thanos. Like do guests help in any way, but besides that I really enjoy the concept you presented.

Basil of Baker Street in: The Cruise Ship Caper by @Brer Panther
It's nice to see some love given to the Great Mouse Detective, and a cruise ship interactive mystery weaving throughout the ship is a great way to keep guests entertained. The inclusion of other rodents throughout the Disney canon was a neat Easter egg to have, and would allow for many fan favorites to naturally appear.

Kermit the Frog's Police Cruising Academy by @DisneyFan32
You went over the sentence limitation, and will not receiving any points this challenge as this submission has been disqualified. I do think the overall concept is fine, and the Muppets themselves are always a fun addition to any overall project. We have seen the Muppets before on a Disney cruise in experience very similar to what you proposed with the detective story angle. Overall its a nice addition.

Pixar's Legion of Evil-doers by @MickeyMouse10
Who doesn't love a good villain, they're easily some of the most iconic characters when people talk about films. The setup for Woody asking guests for help makes sense as a cruise is a big world for toy to traverse, I do wonder about why all the villains abducted Buzz however the concept itself is still solid.

Cap'n Jack's Escape Room by @OvertheHorizon
This challenge called for an interactive experience, and I'll be honest I didn't expect an escape room however with that said I am a fan of the concept. Pirates on a ship are always a solid bet for an addition, and it being an original story aids in making this more of a timeless experience. Escape rooms tend to be fun and it brings out a competitive and cooperative nature that is well suited for an experience like this. The potential of failure also encourages guests to return over and over again given its repeatability.

Museum of the Weird by @cdunlap
A really solid concept with plenty of interactive experiences such as Madame Leota and the talking chair, and each maze manages to work in a concept from the scrapped plans while maintaining diversity which can be tough to do given they're different unique variants of a maze. Each variant offers a different experience as the gimmicks would aid in helping guests from feeling that each is just a maze, and the characters associated with each maze are a great way to work in other concepts while maintaining the maze aspect.

Walking the Plank by @D Hulk
Shiver me timbers!

Roger Rabbit's Toon Cruise by @Evilgidgit
As we know Roger Rabbit is a popular IP for these boards to receive love, and as such there's a lot of competition to make a project stand out. The cruise line setting is one of these distinctions as it gives the characters a new location they haven't been seen in before. Allowing for multiple missions ensures that guests have plenty of do to work towards the end. The plot is simple to understand and follow allowing for a low bar of entry with the characters who may not be as popular as they once were, and allow for guests to play as they please throughout their voyage.

The Sorcerer's Enchantairum by @Suchomimus
With the rising popularity of escape rooms you would think Disney would have done something more permanent than what they have offered in the past. The concept itself is very imaginative, and the light IP connection helps to keep it connected to modern Disney yet still feel original. However, just because there isn't an attached IP does not mean that it doesn't feel like Disney as the experience is full of the magic that Disney is known for. The various rooms for guests to explore helps to make this feel like a proper quest that puts guests in as the main characters.

A Twist in Time by @Solaris Knight
While many dislike the sequels, A Twist in Time is rather beloved thanks to its unique approach of retelling stories through the villain trying to rewrite the past. I could see this being a big hit, and personally I wouldn't mind seeing this concept expanded on.

Literally Finding Nemo by @Tegan pilots a chicken
It's always nice to see some of the current infrastructure Disney has utilized in new ways, and you did a great job with Play Disney Parks. This experience allows for guests to wander the cruise on their open sea adventure in an enjoyable adventure that brings to life some of Pixar's most beloved characters.​

tcool123

Original Poster
OSC Results.png

I just want to say I'm proud of all of you who submitted a project as I know that working with on Disney Cruise Line projects can be tough given that not all of us are familiar with the location, but I just want to say that I am impressed by everything y'all have managed to put out! Each concept was wonderful, and I'd love to see many of them fleshed out further. With that said it's time for our placements.

OSC 4 - Honorable.png

For this challenge's honorable mention we have @OvertheHorizon with their Cap'n Jack's Escape Room proposal. The project itself is a strong concept, and I think with some additional fleshing out of the concept such as some activities guests would have to do while hunting down the gold doubloons would help. With that said the theme of pirates is one loved by many a Disney fan, and from the POV of story it makes sense for a crew of pirates to take some gold before walking the plank. Overall, a great job.

OSC 3 - Third.png

In third place we have @cdunlap alongside their proposal for Museum of the Weird. The concept modernizes an old concept that is popular with Disney fans, and one that Disney often references whenever the discussion of Haunted Mansion arises. The various interactive elements outside the maze are quirky enough to catch a guests attention, and reminds them of the little details that bring out the Disney magic. The various mazes all offer something uniquely different from a classic maze, to a mirror maze that warps dimensions and is sure to disorient guests in a good way, and the laser maze with the large creature that acts as a centerpiece there is plenty on offer for guests to keep them engaged throughout their travels.

OSC 2 - Second.png

In second place we have @Suchomimus and his concept of The Sorcerer's Enchantairum! Once again another escape room that features plenty of details. Here the various smaller rooms that guests can move around help in making this experience once that has repeatability thanks to the details that guests may not notice upon their first few playthroughs. Overall a great job, and I would love to see more of this concept one day!

OSC 1 - First.png

In first place we have @Evilgidgit alongside Roger Rabbit's Toon Cruise! This proposal was great as it gave a fresh spin to the Roger Rabbit projects we often see on the boards. Connecting the story so that the characters are truly one with the cruise ship adds to the realism that the IP established in the film where toons live amongst us. The variety of activities and challenges guests have along their journey keeps the experience from feeling repetitive, and keeps them engaged looking forward to their next series of challenges. Overall a great job!

tcool123

Original Poster
Points.png

This the final point tally before the finale! Don't worry though there is still a few more twists to help those lower in points to catch up ;)

30 (Tied). @SplashZander - 1
30 (Tied). @FulcrumSolo - 1
27 (Tied). @Shannoninthemagic - 2
28 (Tied). @NateD1226 - 2
23 (Tied). @Tegan pilots a chicken - 3
23 (Tied). @ThemeParkPriest - 3
23 (Tied). @Hoopa- 3
23 (Tied). @Henry Mystic - 3
23 (Tied). @MisterPenguin - 3
21 (Tied). @Honey Bee (Rebooted) - 4
21 (Tied). @InspectorSpacetime - 4
19 (Tied). @Disney Dad 3000- 5
19 (Tied). @James G. - 5
17 (Tied). @DashHaber - 6
17 (Tied). @kmbmw777 - 6
15 (Tied). @Solaris Knight - 7
15. @DisneyFan32 - 7
12 (Tied). @mharrington - 8
12. (Tied) @MagicKingdom4Ever - 8
12 (Tied). @TwilightZone - 8
11. @spacemt354 - 9
10. @Brer Panther - 10
7 (Tied). @Disney Warrior - 11
7 (Tied). @cdunlap - 11
7 (Tied). @Tony the Tigger - 11
2 (Tied). @OvertheHorizon - 12
2 (Tied). @Evilgidgit - 12
2 (Tied). @MickeyMouse10 - 12
2 (Tied). @D Hulk- 12
2 (Tied). @Chaos Cat - 12
1. @Suchomimus - 14

Keep yourself posted here, the finale will start soon ;)

tcool123

Original Poster
9.0.png

Yes imagineers our Summer Fun is coming to an end with the grand finale of the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun finally being here. For this grand finale we're giving imagineers a unique opportunity, we have four distinct challenges that make up the Grand Finale alongside bonusses and a chance to catch up from past challenges! In addition for each of the four challenges there will be an honorable mention, third placing, second placing, and first placing; honorable mentions, third places and second places will each be worth an extra two points, and the first place will be three points. Truly making this anybody's game!

BONUS: Summer Catch Up

1658632248660.png

Imagineers if you were not able to submit for the past eight challenges now is your chance to! For every past challenge submitted you will receive one bonus point, as long as you follow the original challenge's rules and stipulations. Past bonuses are null for this catch up bonus, and if your original proposal was disqualified from receiving points during that challenge you may not make it up now either.

9.1.png

-Challenge-
Throw a new dance party for the any waterpark of your choosing.

-Bonus-
For this bonus challenge just say what has been your song of the summer?

9.2.png

-Challenge-
Dish out a new quick service dining option for the any Disney resort of your choosing.

9.3.png

-Challenge-
Debut a new entertainment offering for Disney's Animal Kingdom.

9.4.png

-Challenge-
Pitch a new DVC concept as expansion to any Disney resort hotel anywhere in the world or create a whole new standalone DVC resort.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image per challenge.
- You may submit each proposal bundled together as all four or individually. The same goes for any makeup challenges.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Sunday, July 31st at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Does rely to heavily on runons?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

View attachment 655273
Yes imagineers our Summer Fun is coming to an end with the grand finale of the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun finally being here. For this grand finale we're giving imagineers a unique opportunity, we have four distinct challenges that make up the Grand Finale alongside bonusses and a chance to catch up from past challenges! In addition for each of the four challenges there will be an honorable mention, third placing, second placing, and first placing; honorable mentions, third places and second places will each be worth an extra two points, and the first place will be three points. Truly making this anybody's game!

View attachment 655280

Imagineers if you were not able to submit for the past eight challenges now is your chance to! For every past challenge submitted you will receive one bonus point, as long as you follow the original challenge's rules and stipulations. Past bonuses are null for this catch up bonus, and if your original proposal was disqualified from receiving points during that challenge you may not make it up now either.

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-
Dish out a new quick service dining option for the any Disney resort of your choosing.

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-
Pitch a new DVC concept any Disney resort anywhere in the world.

-Rules-
- You may submit each proposal bundled together as all four or individually. The same goes for any makeup challenges.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Just going to crank these out quick; don't want to risk missing the deadline like last round.

Catch Up - Iron Man Defense Squad
Ultron's drones are attacking the ship! Link up with your own remotely controlled Iron Man suit to help the Avengers fight them off.

Challenge #1 - Luau Eruption!
Volcano Bay invites to a nighttime, parkwide luau hosted by Bou-yah-ha, the local god music and parties. And you've never been to a luau like a Bou-yah-ha luau.

Challenge #1 Bonus - I've been really into Mori Calliope's stuff recently, but if I had to pick one of her songs, it would Meru Meru.

Challenge #2 - Sweet Shores
While wandering the beach at the Grand Floridian, be sure to stop on by Sweet Shores to pick up some ice cream to help cool off from the Floridian sun.

Challenge #3 - Rhythms of Life
Replacing It's Tough to be a Bug, this all-encompassing performance takes guests through the circle of life via dance, acrobatics, and instrumental music.

Challenge #4 - Tomorrow Tower at the Disneyland Hotel
Finally completing the full set of towers, this new tower pays homage to the ever-evolving nature of it's namesake land with both tributes to it's past attractions and a cycling array of art piece depicting artistic visions of the future.

Disney Warrior

Beach Bonfire:

Mr. Six’s Hurricane Dance Party

AC419D6B-7B11-48EF-B267-515851DE6766.jpeg

Coming to every Hurricane Harbor water park owned by Six Flags is a dance party ran by the big dancer himself, Mr. Six. With songs like ”We Like to Party” (which appears in the famous commercial) and the iconic dances that he’s known for, guests are gonna love dancing with Mr. Six before riding a thrilling water slide.

Bonus: For me, the song of the summer is “As it Was” by Harry Styles, which is just a great song in general, and the best song of 2022 in my opinion.

Perfect Picnic:

The Chocolate Factory

0F8D205A-BFE7-4E30-98BD-26F01B9C9623.jpeg

Based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, this quick service restaurant (built where Ample Hills was) is filled to the brim with chocolate. You can get chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream sundaes, a chocolate bunny, M&Ms, a chocolate potato, and literally anything else chocolate flavored.

Tropic Like It’s Hot

The Jungle Book: The Musical

606C06C6-0445-4A32-B411-980561FE72B0.jpeg

In my ideal version of WDW, Finding Nemo the Musical is replaced by a more thematically fitting Jungle Book musical (and the theater is now considered part of Asia). Retelling the famous story of a man who grew up surrounded by animals, this musical will have a combination of puppets, acrobats, and live actors.

Summer Slumber:

Disney’s Royal Dubai Resort
38327FF7-C878-41BA-8FD7-D58B0B02EB40.jpeg

Because Disney wants to have property in the growing city of Dubai, they are proposing a lavish resort based on a royal castle (somewhat similar to Jasmine’s from Aladdin). Guests will feel like royalty as they are on their Dubai vacation, they will get a free crown, and they can also eat and swim like royalty, as there are multiple full service restaurants and a medium-sized water park (which is also open to day guests, but hotel guests get special privileges like Fastpass and early access).

(Don’t count this as a sentence) This was a great game @tcool123 ! These are always exciting!

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Disney's Saturday Mornings.jpg

Disney’s Saturday Morning Dance Party

(Challenge One)

Setting: Typhoon Lagoon and randomly at Pop Century’s 80’s and 90’s section

It would be great to give some love to characters that don’t usually get it, Beloved characters from Disney’s television heyday during the 80’s and 90’s.

Ducktales
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Tailspin
Darkwing Duck
Gummie Bears
and The Wuzzles

Bonus

“Running up that Hill” by Kate Bush from Stranger Things. Like Vecna I can’t get it out of my head.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 655273

View attachment 655280

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-

-Bonus-

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-

View attachment 655276
-Challenge-

View attachment 655277
-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

I'm think I'll MIGHT pass for this because it's too hard for me to ending this. @tcool123
I hope the next challenge will be more fun than this so I can do projects like Roger Rabbit, Muppet, and others.

tcool123

Original Poster
Uhhhh...explain?
Like how Bay Lake Tower, the Bungalows , the newest expansion to poly are all DVC expansions at a resort hotel. The idea is that you pitch a new DVC concept for any of the hotels across the world Disney owns or you can create a whole new DVC concept. I’ll edit the post for clarification :)

(Don’t count this as a sentence) This was a great game @tcool123 ! These are always exciting!
Thank you so much means a lot to me that y’all enjoyed :D

I'm think I'll MIGHT pass for this because it's too hard for me to ending this. @tcool123
I hope the next challenge will be more fun than this so I can do projects like Roger Rabbit, Muppet, and others.
No worries but as this is the finale this is the last challenge. Either way if you pass or not thanknyou for playing along :)

Brer Panther

View attachment 655274
-Challenge-
I can't think of a name for this, but... a Blizzard Beach dance party with lots of costumed arctic animals - polar bears, the Mary Poppins penguins, reindeer, etc. - and frothy drinks.
-Bonus-
Well, I've been listening to this one a lot:

View attachment 655275
-Challenge-
Marlin's
Debuting with the new Pixar Pier hotel that Disneyland is receiving, this cool new Finding Nemo-themed quick service location serves seafood (because it's a movie about fish, get it?) and California-inspired dishes.
View attachment 655276
-Challenge-
Dinosaur: The Musical
Replacing Finding Nemo: The Musical is this brand new musical based on the 2000 film that Disney doesn't remember making, featuring larger-than-life puppet dinosaurs and some great songs (including a ballad by the Love Monkey himself, Zini).
View attachment 655277
-Challenge-
Uh... how about something for Wilderness Lodge? Does that have a DVC thing?

OvertheHorizon

Challenge #1 Waterpark Dance Party

Dance Party.jpg

When the newly refurbished Blizzard Beach opens at Walt Disney World, it will host a Holiday Dance Party featuring jazzed up versions of Jingle Bell Rock, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer, and other classic favorites. Appearing from November 1st until December 30th, your hosts for this dance party, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale, will all wear their winter finest to celebrate the season.

BONUS: Since I’ve been working on a community theatre production of the Broadway musical GREASE, my song for the summer is Summer Lovin’.

Challenge #2 New quick service Disney resort dining

Chapek KwikServ.jpg

With food trucks providing quick service meals at Disney Springs, Disney’s CEO has seized on an idea to offer a similar option at Disney resorts, dishing up a variety of fast-food meals morning (breakfast sandwiches), noon (burgers and burritos), and even snacks at night (ice cream, desserts) when their restaurants are closed. Chapek’s KwikServ Cantina travels throughout Walt Disney World, and while the truck’s garish colors distract from the high prices, it pulls away for its next destination before guests realize how small the portions really are (sarcasm intended, figured I’d have fun with this one).

#3 A new entertainment offering for Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom Show.jpg

Colors of the Wild at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a cavalcade of colorful lights, playful fountains, joyous bubbles, and accompanied by a musical score that combines classical tributes to animals (Camille Saint-Saëns’ Carnival of the Animals, Vaughn Williams’ The Lark Ascending, and Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf) along with more familiar Disney movie themes (Lion King, Jungle Book). As guests enter the Discovery River Amphitheater, hundreds of floating lanterns come into view (white lights at first, but capable of turning multi-colored as the show progresses), then at showtime trees at the water’s edge illuminate with LED lights, fountains of colorful water dance to the music, and underwater machines create bubbles rising above the crowd in this fitting celebration of nature and the animal kingdom.

Challenge #4 A new DVC concept

Conestoga.jpg

DVC Conestoga features Conestoga wagons arranged on tree-shaded campsites as part of a new DVC concept for Fort Wilderness at WDW resort. Not exactly roughing it, since these wagons will have HVAC, Disney Vacation Club members can now choose to stay in a rustic setting featuring a queen-sized bed, two bunks, a sofa, and a mini-fridge for a different—and affordable—way to experience Walt Disney World (Yeehaw)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom