One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun

Evilgidgit

POOH'S HUNNY HOLIDAY
winnie-the-pooh-birthday-party-1ynayrt0wcqbzh42.jpg
Everyone's favourite silly old bear and friends take over Disneyland Paris for a special holiday of honey, bees, balloons, and Heffalumps. Each land features new decorations made by Pooh and friends, who can be found hiding and playing around the park; Owl and Rabbit have decorated Main Street with vegetables, Tigger and Roo have bounced all over Discoveryland to put up Heffalump and Woozle-shaped streamers; Kanga and Lumpy have given Adventureland a make over with plenty of scarves, mittens, and woolly hats; Eeyore and Gopher are right at home in Frontierland; whilst Pooh and Piglet have turned Fantasyland into a dream world of honey and friendly giant bees!

BONUS: Tigger's Springamajig -- an fruity flavoured fizzy drink that can put a real bounce in your step!

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
What exactly is this? BTW, I came because you mentioned me!
Hey @cdunlap ! I tagged since I noticed you were active on the forums, and wanted to see if you would like to participate in the One Sentence Competition. This competition features challenges that are posted every few days, and you have two sentences and an image to respond to that prompt. As long as you follow the rules in your submission then you automatically receive a point, if you have the strongest concept of the challenge you get two points instead.

The competition is pretty low stakes and doesn’t require a huge time commitment so it’s a perfect way to just relax and have some fun while getting to post some creative ideas and look at others for inspiration. It could also be a cool way to test out ideas you’ve had by using the competition as a way to do an elevator pitch and get some quick feedback :)

Overall it’s a good time, and I hope you participate however if you can’t no worries at all ☺️

OvertheHorizon

Fiesta del Sol
The-Three-Caballeros-Return-to-EPCOT-1-3636449.jpg

Forget Day of the Dead; Fiesta del Sol is where it's happening as World Showcase's Mexico pavilion transforms the Three Caballeros for a summer-long celebration of the sun!

Bonus drink: Spiced Margarita jazzed up with cucumber jalapeño tequila and the glass' rim dusted with sugar sand.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Just a heads up DisneyFan per the rules of the competition this current submission would be disqualified for this round due to it going over the sentence limit. Please try to rephrase your idea to be two sentences; I know it is hard, but it would be unfair to others if I let this slide as two sentences has been the max for everyone else. (I’ll even look the other direction if you were to use a run on sentence since this is one of the first challenges)

In addition while the coaster retheme sounds lovely, please try to answer the prompt for the Bonus because as of right now it doesn’t meet the prompt and therefore you can not receive any bonus points.

You have until Friday, June 24th at 10:00 PM EST to adress these issues either by fixing your current submission or by submitting a different one by then. Otherwise I cannot review nor give you points for this challenge per the rules of rhe competition.
Okay I'll try again. But I fixed only two sentences for Roger Rabbit idea with a bonus for the juice favor.

Mickey and Minnie's Fun Beach Party Dance
Disney Surfboard Clipart - Mickey Mouse Beach Party, HD Png Download ,  Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

Here at Disney's California Adventure, Mickey and Minnie want you to join the beach party at Paradise Gardens near by the Little Mermaid. You can enjoy to beat the 1960s rock n' roll with your favorite Disney characters to beat! Surf's up, dudes!

BONUS: Goofy's Surfin' Banana Punch Juice

You can have new Goofy's nice banana blast juice, as you can taste the bananas in the beach islands of the destiny, Gawash!

DashHaber

Despicable Days of Summer

Despicable-Me-Minion-Mayhem.jpg

Gru has enacted his latest fiendish plan: take over Universal Studios Florida! All across the park, you will witness his "despicable" approach to a grand summer vacation, with special dance parties, whimsical photo ops set up by the Minions, and the debut of a brand new walkthrough attraction: Minions: Villain-Con Chaos!.

Bonus: Frozen Banana-Rama

Even Gru knows how hot the summer can be, so he's been inspired by the Minions to whip up the Frozen Banana-Rama, a banana-flavored frozen drink topped with a whip cream foam top, which can be served either plain, as a "Banana-Rama Boom!" with pop rocks covering the whip cream, or "Villain-Approved" with some rum mixed in.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Despicable Days of Summer

Despicable-Me-Minion-Mayhem.jpg

Gru has enacted his latest fiendish plan: take over Universal Studios Florida! All across the park, you will witness his "despicable" approach to a grand summer vacation, with special dance parties, whimsical photo ops set up by the Minions, and the debut of a brand new walkthrough attraction: Minions: Villain-Con Chaos!.

Bonus: Frozen Banana-Rama

Even Gru knows how hot the summer can be, so he's whipped up a special drink that the Minions are all eagerly lining up for: the Frozen Banana-Rama, a banana-flavored frozen drink topped with a whip cream foam top. You can have it plain, make it a "Banana-Rama Boom!" with pop rocks covering the whip cream, or go "Villain-Approved" with some rum mixed it.

Oooooo, I wonder if they could get Bananarama to play "Gru (Cruel) Summer".

D Hulk

640px-HolidayWorld_Mascots.jpg

HOLIDAY WORLD’S
HOLIWOOD WEEKENDS

The legendary HoliWood Nights A.C.E. event, long established as the mecca event of the year for coaster enthusiasts, now expands to every weekend of Holiday World’s short summer season, where guests can remain in the park for extra hours into the cool Indiana nighttime surrounded by all the glitz & glamor of the red carpet. The event officially kicks off with fireworks on 4th of July weekend in Holiday World’s eponymous 4th of July themed land, where Holidog and pals invite revelers to enjoy endless free soda, free ice cream, and walk-on access to the most sought-after roller coaster night rides in existence.

fourth-of-july-drink-3-720x720.jpg

Red White & Blue is a layered cocktail made of red grenadine, blue Curaçao, and topped with white cream, just potent enough to make a night ride on The Voyage even more stupendous.​

Hoopa

Computer Science Weeks at Epcot

1655825529492.png

A computer science takeover of Epcot’s World Discovery and World Nature would celebrate the use of computer hardware and software in the fields of aerospace, transportation, communication, agriculture, and oceanography. Guests would listen to presentations by prominent computer scientists, get hands-on with learning how to code, and view exhibits of computer science history.

MickeyMouse10

Computer Science Weeks at Epcot

View attachment 647594

A computer science takeover of Epcot’s World Discovery and World Nature would celebrate the use of computer hardware and software in the fields of aerospace, transportation, communication, agriculture, and oceanography. Guests would listen to presentations by prominent computer scientists, get hands-on with learning how to code, and view exhibits of computer science history.

Sounds more like Epcot than the current Epcot.

MickeyMouse10

THE JOKER'S CARNIVAL OF CHAOS
The Joker Carnival of Chaos | Six Flags Fiesta Texas — SFFT Source

Here at Six Flags Great Adventure, you'll getting enter the Joker's deadly traps in his carnival of death, as like Harley Quinn's Terror of Love, The Joker's Funhouse and Clowns of the Crimes. This Fright Fest season brings the guests to riding the Joker, 4D Free-Fly Coaster and Harley Quinn's Crazy Train many times before the Joker plans to kill them all.

Bonus: The Joker's Death N' Laugh Juice
You'll taste the mix of green apple and lime juice for the Joker's deadly laughing gas.

It looks great, but you should probably limit your submissions to 1. This way other people have a chance to submit there's.

cdunlap

This is my submission. It’s in Japan because summer=ghosts in Japanese culture.

Master Gracey’s Swinging Wake:
Master Gracey and the other 998 happy haunts take over Tokyo Disneyland in celebration of the Beating Heart Bride’s anniversary. The ballroom ghosts dance a ghoulish waltz in Fantasyland, Madame Leota performs seance tricks in Westernland, The Organist, Graveyard Band, and Phantom Pianist accompany The Singing Busts on World Bazaar’s streets, and The Bride leads a processional to the Manor starting in Adventureland.

BONUS: Madame Leota’s Possession Poison.
This drink includes Butterfly Pea (changes color when lemon is added), gin or Sprite, if one is uncomfortable with alcohol (for clarity), Coca Cola’s infamous Italic Beverly, and dry ice for a smoky bubbling effect, along with a lemon wedge garnish that is squirted in by the server.
1FF627B0-5F5B-411D-8261-81CD807E5D06.jpeg

Last edited:

cdunlap

Hey @cdunlap ! I tagged since I noticed you were active on the forums, and wanted to see if you would like to participate in the One Sentence Competition. This competition features challenges that are posted every few days, and you have two sentences and an image to respond to that prompt. As long as you follow the rules in your submission then you automatically receive a point, if you have the strongest concept of the challenge you get two points instead.

The competition is pretty low stakes and doesn’t require a huge time commitment so it’s a perfect way to just relax and have some fun while getting to post some creative ideas and look at others for inspiration. It could also be a cool way to test out ideas you’ve had by using the competition as a way to do an elevator pitch and get some quick feedback :)

Overall it’s a good time, and I hope you participate however if you can’t no worries at all ☺️
I just submitted!!

tcool123

Original Poster
Is it too late to join?
It’s never too late, you can come and go as you please throughout the competition!

I too am interested in participating. I can't promise to post every single round, but I suspect I can share one or two sentences most weeks. Sounds like fun!
That’s perfect for this competition, the way it’s set up is that you can come and go as you please with ways to catch up throughout the game :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom