One restaurant on Disney Property wins Michelin Star

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster

Capa at the Four Seasons is the first ever restaurant on Disney property to win a Michelin Star

Hockey89

Capa at the Four Seasons is the first ever restaurant on Disney property to win a Michelin Star
Not surprising. Best place on "Disney" Property by far and its not even close....

christine7257

None of those places even come close to being at that level.....
It’s an interesting list but agree Capa is another level. Ravello also at 4 Seasons was recommended too. I’d love to know the criteria and did the inspectors dine everywhere (that was open) or how did they select restaurants.

Lilofan

Not surprising at all. Had my wedding there and it's just at another level. Even Deluxe places have become cattle drives.... Disney has done its best to cost more and give was less....
I’ve noticed one time not all guests at the Grand Floridian were GF resort guests. A number of guests got off the monorail to hang out in the lobby , take pictures , go on self guided tours. Not sure that would fly at the Four Seasons.

Hockey89

I’ve noticed one time not all guests at the Grand Floridian were GF resort guests. A number of guests got off the monorail to hang out in the lobby , take pictures , go on self guided tours. Not sure that would fly at the Four Seasons.
I know I'll get flake from some here but I don't think they should allow it outside of having a restaurant res.... I know it will never happen but I can't stand that.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

DW & I have been to CAPA - and I can absolutely believe this rating :).

Now - to get there? You'll need a cab or car. Well worth it :). Not a WDW owned Restaurant, thank God.

MagicRat

I know I'll get flake from some here but I don't think they should allow it outside of having a restaurant res.... I know it will never happen but I can't stand that.
I believe you meant the word flak you flake. As someone who has points at multiple resorts including GF, I enjoy resort hopping at all of the resorts. It is part of the Disney experience. It is not like the non resort guests are swimming in the pools. Take it easy checkpoint!

OneofThree

I believe you meant the word flak you flake. As someone who has points at multiple resorts including GF, I enjoy resort hopping at all of the resorts. It is part of the Disney experience. It is not like the non resort guests are swimming in the pools. Take it easy checkpoint!
Considering the prices charged by WDW for their resorts, guests should at least be able to expect a break from the crowds experienced at the parks during the day. Regardless of where I happen to be staying, I don't particularly want to be welcomed back to my hotel by a crowd of people far beyond room capacity of that resort. There's enough of that sort of chaos IRL. There's a balance with the whole "resort hopping" thing. Right now, Disney seems to have gone to one end of the extreme, obviously to maximize sales per square foot. Historically, this has not been the case. Ultimately, it amounts to just one more way we are getting less and paying more as WDW continues to oversell their space.

MagicRat

Considering the prices charged by WDW for their resorts, guests should at least be able to expect a break from the crowds experienced at the parks during the day. Regardless of where I happen to be staying, I don't particularly want to be welcomed back to my hotel by a crowd of people far beyond room capacity of that resort. There's enough of that sort of chaos IRL. There's a balance with the whole "resort hopping" thing. Right now, Disney seems to have gone to one end of the extreme, obviously to maximize sales per square foot. Historically, this has not been the case. Ultimately, it amounts to just one more way we are getting less and paying more as WDW continues to oversell their space.
Short of an attention seeking blogger who holds court at a quick service, I have never seen overcrowding at a resort and I have been going for 45 years multiple times a year. If you want to complain about that or the cheerleaders, go right ahead but no need for border control. Pipe down Francis, have a beer!

JIMINYCR

Michelin stars come and go. Hopefully Disney can keep the quality up to keep their star. Wish this would give other Disney spots the incentive to reach for a star.

OneofThree

Short of an attention seeking blogger who holds court at a quick service, I have never seen overcrowding at a resort and I have been going for 45 years multiple times a year. If you want to complain about that or the cheerleaders, go right ahead but no need for border control. Pipe down Francis, have a beer!
I don't know what you're looking at, where you've stayed, or the course over which you've stayed those "multiple times", but lobbies these days can be totally crammed. GF (where I really rarely stay) and WL can be the worst. My own sample spans trips which are now countless, dating back to '84. Since I'm now local (within 2.5 hrs or so), I see it often. BTW, I'll leave the beer and take a whiskey, but I'd rather not wait in line for one if I'm shelling out ~$1000/night. :oops:

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Yet there are plenty of other threads on here from people posting about how frustrated they were that they couldn't "resort-hop" during the pandemic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom