One or multiple MDE

Seluvsvols

Original Poster
We are taking a family trip to WDW in Dec and the travel agent asked if she could put all of us on one MDE account. There are 4 family units for a total of 14 of us. (With 2 more possibly joining us).
My family just got back from a trip and have our MDE already set up and my sisters family also has an account. So is there any reasons we should or shouldn’t let her put us all on my sisters account?
One thing I’ve seen as a reason is the system confusing magic bands. If we each use new magic bands then I don’t think that will matter right?
I’m just not sure if it will still confuse the system for example to have my family members listed under two separate accounts because it will need our names etc. or would it even realize we were in twice?

So as of now:
my family (of 5) have an account active.
Her family (of 4) have account
My other sister (fam of 3) have no account
My parents (2) have no account

Should we keep separate accounts? Is there any advantages or disadvantages to letting the travel agent put us all on my sisters existing account if we all get new magic bands?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob562

We are taking a family trip to WDW in Dec and the travel agent asked if she could put all of us on one MDE account. There are 4 family units for a total of 14 of us. (With 2 more possibly joining us).
My family just got back from a trip and have our MDE already set up and my sisters family also has an account. So is there any reasons we should or shouldn’t let her put us all on my sisters account?
One thing I’ve seen as a reason is the system confusing magic bands. If we each use new magic bands then I don’t think that will matter right?
I’m just not sure if it will still confuse the system for example to have my family members listed under two separate accounts because it will need our names etc. or would it even realize we were in twice?

So as of now:
my family (of 5) have an account active.
Her family (of 4) have account
My other sister (fam of 3) have no account
My parents (2) have no account

Should we keep separate accounts? Is there any advantages or disadvantages to letting the travel agent put us all on my sisters existing account if we all get new magic bands?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I can almost guarantee the travel agent is only asking to put you all under one account to make HER life easier, not yours.

You want separate (but interlinked as friends) accounts, at least one for each family unit. It'll give you SO much more flexibility. And that's not even getting into the confusion factor of some people showing up twice on some accounts, complicating making FP+ selections (because for each one you have to make sure to specifically choose the proper version of each person every time, otherwise you get a "this person doesn't have a ticket" error).

Also with 14 people you're bound to split up at some time during the trip. If there's only one person in the entire group of 14 who has access to making FP+ choices on their phone, it'll be overly taxing on them when the group tries to split up. (The alternative is that person giving other people their login info for MDE and then you have multiple people signed into one MDE account, that just invites problems)

There's many logistical things beyond simply being stuck to only your new MagicBand. (Besides, for the people who already have old Bands, wouldn't you like the option of choosing which to wear each day? I have 6 Bands and pick and choose each day of my trip)

You'll want to have as much flexibility as possible. To do that, you'll want each family unit to have their own account and make the travel agent link them properly. (And if you let the agent put everyone on one account and change your mind later, it's a LOOOONG phone call to the MDE Help Desk to get it straightened out)

-Rob

BoarderPhreak

I'd put each family into their own MDE account for sure. Keeps things like reservations and Fastpasses separate and fewer MagicBands listed for easier management. Also more secure when it comes to tying a credit card(s) to MagicBands, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom