One night in Epcot, which restaurant?

rkelly42

Original Poster
So we are going to be in wdw for just one day and plan on spending it in Epcot. As you can guess by the title, I am torn to which restaurant to choose for our only night. We are two adults and two children our son who is 3 and daughter who is 8 and I am down to four choices and they are Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Rose and Crown. Everyone keeps telling me they do not care and I honestly can not decide, any thoughts would be appreciated.

StarWarsGirl

Definitely Teppan Edo. It's entertaining for your kids, and the food is always good. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal there. In fact, we book it every trip specifically because the food is so good. Rose 'n Crown...meh. I've never been wild about the food there, and you aren't guaranteed to get a table outside (though you can request it upon check in). Le Cellier is also very good, but I think your kids will enjoy Teppan Edo, plus it's not quite as pricey. Via Nappoli is fine. But just fine.

copcarguyp71

From your choices, Im sure my kids would pick Teppan Edo. But if my wife and I were choosing, we would pick La Hacienda de San Angel.

Agree. The service was pretty poor on our last trip when we dined at San Angel but the food was great as usual and the ultimate Margarita was on the verge of sublime! Everyone is entitled to an off night so I cannot say we would not do it again.

Pocahontas

Either Via Napoli or Le Cellier. Via Napoli would probably be more appealing to your children, but both restaurants have AMAZING food.

MickeyPeace

I would go with Via Napoli. Pizza is great. Shrimp Caesar salad is delicious if u want something healthy. Staff is always friendly.

I also like Hacienda but last time service was bordering on awful.

mammaminnie

I would say Via Napoli or Teppan Edo- the pizza at Via Napoli is absolutely amazing and the experience at Teppan Edo is definitely a must do as well.

slappy magoo

Rose and Crown for sure, time it just right and you'll also get an amazing spot to see Illuminations.
That was my thought originally but i wonder if the OP's 3 year old can stay awake long enough to even see Reflection of Earth, let alone really enjoy it and not be all crankypants between normal bedtime and the time it gets to wherever they're staying that night. AND not be a starvin' Marvin if they're getting to dinner by 7:30-7:45ish which is roughly when they'd have to get reservations at Rose and Crown to even have a fighting chance to be seated outside for RoE.

Were those my choices (and including Haciende San Angel in the mix), I'd probably opt for an early meal at Teppan Edo, since it's really good food and entertaining to watch the chefs in action. After that play it by ear as to wether or not the kids can even stay awake long enough for the fireworks, but if they can, get some ice cream a bit beforehand and make sure if they can't find a place to sit to either try to have a double stroller or let the 8 year old sit on dad's shoulders if they can handle it.

DizneyPryncess

With kids, I would pick Teppan Edo. My nephew, 9, loooves those kinds of places. My daughter, 2, loved San Angel. They sat us by the water, and she liked watching the boats go by. The food at both of those places we thought was great too. :)

Chris Bowman

I would think of the 4 listed that the kids would enjoy Teppan Edo the most. We always find it entertaining, great food, and all of our kids love it. You can't go wrong with the 4 listed. If you were to consider a restaurant outside the 4 you listed, San Angel Inn is one of our favorite restaurants regarding the atmosphere and the volcano and boats could keeps the kids interested. The food is great here too. Have a great time.

rkelly42

Original Poster
Well thanks for all of your suggestions. I just made the reservation for Teppan Edo. The kids will enjoy it and the food is good. Plus I can have some sushi and sake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom