One Man's Dream Rehab.

LaughingGravy

No matter how you feel about ME's performance, whenever, in his position with the company, he just was never endearing.

That endearing quality, I think, is a must when the purpose of the film is to tell the history of Walt and what he did.

I always had the impression of ME being out of place as a "spokesperson" for the Disney organization, that it seemed forced and insincere.

I can only imagine Julie Andrews, who worked with Walt on perhaps the greatest Disney film of all time, the performer she is, being a much better representative in telling the Walt Disney Story, even if she is not seen.

I hope I get to see it, or at least hear it.
I suspect it's got most of, if not all, the same footage we die-hards have seen for years.

Anyone have an MP3 they want to send me?:wave:

No, really. I want an audio file. Please?

DisneyRoxMySox

I guess Corrus forgot how Roy was treated,:

Roy wasn't treated any differently than a person who reached the age of required retirement. I used to believe the same thing, but I feel different now. Especially because he didn't attend the event on July 17, 2005 at DL.

how Pixar was treated,:

Steve Jobs and Michael Eiser have EGO issues. Eisner's through the years is more obvious. Katzenburg, Ovitz, Litvack and even Iger at one point, he has all had trouble with.

how the Parks were being neglected

How do you explain Test Track, Soarin', Mission:Space? Just off the top of my head. But general up-keep was lacking, I will give you that.

how ABC was put into 4th place,

You are right. But keep in mind. LOST and Housewives were developed during Eisner's time.

how Feature Animation was destroyed?

Let's face it. Pixar was hot and is the new animation. As much as I don't like it.

By my estimation, Eisner owes Disney $500,000,000 for the honor of being CEO of The Walt Disney Co. for his last five years of..uhhhh......errrr.....work? :fork:

He worked plenty. :D

Scar Junior

Please stop this stupid Eisner bashing... Michael Eisner made Disney to what it is today...:cool:

So stop saying things you don't know anything about... :lookaroun

Ironic that you added that last part... Don't be so sensitive. It's not Eisner-bashing, it's a legit statement about the attraction. One of the reasons I said it is because he is no longer working there (and I was corrected that Disney adjusted the flaw that I thought still existed).

Scar Junior

No matter how you feel about ME's performance, whenever, in his position with the company, he just was never endearing.

That endearing quality, I think, is a must when the purpose of the film is to tell the history of Walt and what he did.

I always had the impression of ME being out of place as a "spokesperson" for the Disney organization, that it seemed forced and insincere.

Great post. Thus, the other reason for my original thoughts on the juxtaposition of ME teaching the average American about WD.

You're kidding me right? I bought stock in 2001 when it was trading at $19, that year it had a 52 week low of $15.

This year it has had a high of $31.99 and is currenty trading around $29.

No, it hasn't moved at all. It also has been reporting greatly the past four quarters. :D

Would that be during the Post-Eisner era. Your example of the low in 2001 doesn't exactly work because everything tanked after 9/11, especially tourism industry stocks. See what the value was in 1996....not that much of a difference between then and now. Basically it's the same value and that's a poor performance.

Scar Junior

You are right. But keep in mind. LOST and Housewives were developed during Eisner's time.

Well, then we must also remember: Life According to Jim, 8 Simple Rules, Life with Bonnie, George Lopez, Less Than Perfect, Grace Under Fire, Push Nevada, Dinotopia, MDs, That was Then, 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Night Stalker

...just a few that come to mind.

Oh yeah: Dharma and Greg. That was a treat. A free-spirit marrying a lawyer...what will they think of next!!!

Truth be told, I am thankful for Full House.

Epcot82Guy

Well, then we must also remember: Life According to Jim, 8 Simple Rules, Life with Bonnie, George Lopez, Less Than Perfect, Grace Under Fire, Push Nevada, Dinotopia, MDs, That was Then, 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Night Stalker

...just a few that come to mind.

Oh yeah: Dharma and Greg. That was a treat. A free-spirit marrying a lawyer...what will they think of next!!!

Truth be told, I am thankful for Full House.

Hey. There are some of us that would love if a free-spirit that looked like Dharma would marry a lawyer...:lookaroun

Regardless, as much as I agree Eisner's tenure was appropriately ended, there is no doubt that Eisner and particularly the Eisner-Wells combination were responsible for many of the incredible successes of the Disney Company in recent years. I do think his priorities were off, but he was also in a time of struggle in the economy as a whole. He did some great things. He did some damaging things, too, particularly in times of economic crisis, but that does not change the overall. General attacks are not appropriate without dated caveats, I guess.

brkgnews

Remember when this thread was about the One Man's Dream attraction?
;)

We went from Zero to "Eisner Blows" in just four posts.

C&D

You know what they say about opinions, everybody has one and..................

I miss Eisner's intro; I think he did a very good job, and, he wore imho the quintessential Mickey necktie of all time. I just loved that tie.

I've seen the movie many times and I'll see it many more (as long as this attraction is offered). Walt, by Walt, is just about perfect.

Looking at the forest, instead of the trees, I'd say Eisner, done good.

Legacy

Would that be a stock that hasn't moved in the past ten years? Eisner deserves the bad press just as much as the good press, and prior to his end it was pretty bad. You're only as good as your last at bat. So the home runs that Eisner hit in the late eighties and early-to-mid nineties were wiped out by his poor performances of the late nineties and early millennium.

Sorry, but people are saying things that they DO know a GREAT DEAL about.
Call it a hunch... but I think Corrus might have a much better idea of the inner-workings at the Mouse House during the tail end of Eisner's reign than any other active member of the boards.

Just cause you read it in the paper doesn't mean it's 100% correct.

LilRoo714

Call it a hunch... but I think Corrus might have a much better idea of the inner-workings at the Mouse House during the tail end of Eisner's reign than any other active member of the boards.

Just cause you read it in the paper doesn't mean it's 100% correct.

Regardless of what Corrus knows of the company, people will have whatever opinions they want to have. :wave: Just pointing it out...

Legacy

Regardless of what Corrus knows of the company, people will have whatever opinions they want to have. :wave: Just pointing it out...
I'm not denying that. I'm just trying to enhance the credibility of Corrus to someone who, I believe, doesn't know.
I wonder if they will ever do anything with the One Man's Dream exhibit over at MGM???

:brick:
Um... I think that's what this thread is discussing.

bgraham34

I have to say One Mans Dream is a favorite of mine. I just love the miniatures. Stuff like that fascinates me. i am just waiting for a dvd on the making of DisneyLand Or World.

raven

Purely a guess here, but the models of both the Jungle Cruise and the original Disneyland Castle have been out on loan (Jungle Cruise to Henry Ford Museum; DL Castle to DL for their celebration). With the timing roughly around the end of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth (DL's version of HCOE), I'm thinking maybe they're returning the models?

I went to this world premier exibit at the Henry Ford Museum. Everything on that traveling exibit was either from the Disney Imagineering vaults. The only thing HFM owned was some pictures of Walt's trip there back in the 1930's. Greenfield Village (next to the museum) was were Walt got his inspiration for the river/island/riverboat idea for Disneyland.

That exibit not only featured the original drawings of the early sketches of Disneyland but had rare models and other elements from Disneyland (original stretch room portraits, one of the first Mr. Toad & Peter Pan ride vehicles, etc.).

On a side note: They gave out a free CD of rare, vintage park music when you entered the museum! :wave:

BRER STITCH

I think they should just go all out and the "One Man's Dream" sideshow exhibit into a permanent Disney Museum.

My thought is that it would be a much more interesting exhibit if it contained old ride vehicles, imagineering drawings, models, animation cels, and othe rexhibits that would truly classify it as a Disney Museum!

There's not one part of the current exhibit that could not be expanded ten-fold and "plussed" to really make it a great "must-see" destination during a WDW visit.

Not sure why this hasn't been done already. A permanent memorial of all things Disney is long overdue.

:sohappy:

Chape19714

Original Poster
Well, unfortunately, the One Man's dream builing is not big enough to hold everything. I don't know about the popularity of such an attraction, but Walt Disney story on Main Street is now gone, if that's any indication. One Man's Dream is just a new version of that, with some new exibits before the film.

That being said, I thought I might inform some of you on the new film. Julie does host, along with recordings of Walt Himself. It talks a bit more on his personal life, but still talks mostly about business career. It even talks about his "emotional breakdown" from all the work. It talks more about Lillian then I remember hearing before, and addresses his financial situations, and how he went broke several times. It is very good, and well worth another visit to the Studios. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom