One Man's Dream may be closing soon

IveBeenJack

You have got to be fing kidding me.
How did I misinterpret..... "try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested."
THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS. And I was offering you advice where if you had taken it, everyone would have left you alone and you could have started over. Do whatever you want, I'm done. Although you probably should stop using information on this site now, since you've insulted the people you've taken this information from.

I never insulted anyone here, I have repeatedly said on countless occasions that I respect this forum, and the users within it.

If you don't get what the difference is between a Hook, as in a pulling factor, like when Disney says "It's the most magical place on earth" if you have a bad time that doesn't mean that they've lied, it's just a pulling factor to help define what they're offering. Whereas Clickbait is misleading content that never occurs within your video.

My videos are like every other News video/Talk Show video, you try and take the best bit and surmise it into the title.

IveBeenJack

That's why you need your own sources and not just repeat what you read. Or sources who know what they are taking about.

It's wasn't preparing anyone for anything. It was just copying and pasting without verifying.

That's not true, I admitted that the source, was wrong on that ONE video. Move on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's not true, I admitted that the source, was wrong on that ONE video. Move on.
Like I said, the parks internet news circle is quite a small one. Respect and trust goes a long way. Otherwise you just become a laughing stock. Make your own contacts. Get your own sources. Ones that are trusted. Then - and only then - can you state things that you know are true. Regurgitating internet fan chatter is not a source.

Phineas

0hQyd5L.gif

IveBeenJack

Like I said, the parks internet news circle is quite a small one. Respect and trust goes a long way. Otherwise you just become a laughing stock. Make your own contacts. Get your own sources. Ones that are trusted. Then - and only then - can you state things that you know are true. Regurgitating internet fan chatter is not a source.

I understand, and I'm glad you've been so welcoming here. Before I became a member of this forum, I monitored it for a while, and these interactions have left me less likely to contribute in the future.

But I still do respect the many hard-working, Disney fans that are very well trusted here. My opinion has not changed of that.

IveBeenJack

Thanks to everyone involved on this thread, and apologies as it was meant to be about One Man's Dream and not DSNY Newscast and YouTube in general. But thanks for all the advice and constructive criticism. I appreciate it ;)

See you all on the WDW Magic Forum from time to time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That was the information I was receiving from another source at the time, and might have been mislead by a ***** post on the topic, since then I have stopped using their site, and when they said that the Tomorrowland Speedway was going away, I didn't post on it. I also didn't post on the Tron Coaster, as all they had at the time were..."sources said".

I have other connections since then that now I can confirm such information with. And of course I now check the WDW Magic Forums, as before I started the channel, I used to run an app called DSNY Digest, and the app was just a bit of fun, but I didn't vet as heavily as I try and do now with info, since I have much larger audience, and with that a much greater responsibility.

But I think if you look at my track record going into D23 Expo I didn't really predict anything that wasn't really announced at the expo.

It's good to hear you have learned from that. The site you refer to, the name of which get's blocked here, has a bad track record recently for posting inaccurate information and based on the comments to his posts, his own readers are starting to call him out on it. When it comes to permits feel free to reach out to me at any time if there is anything you want to verify.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly, you guys are way too tough on Jack. At the end of the day, he does a newscast on Disney World. A majority of newscasts are the retreading of information. I wish that you all held your "actual" news agencies to the same standard,

He does the best he can to summarize the news and what he believes to be strong rumors. He does with a passion and enthusiasm. Cool guys, some people on here have better sources, congrats. Stop being message board snobs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Honestly, you guys are way too tough on Jack. At the end of the day, he does a newscast on Disney World. A majority of newscasts are the retreading of information. I wish that you all held your "actual" news agencies to the same standard,

He does the best he can to summarize the news and what he believes to be strong rumors. He does with a passion and enthusiasm. Cool guys, some people on here have better sources, congrats. Stop being message board snobs.

The argument "everyone else does it so it's ok" just doesn't hold water. I don't like when actual news agencies spread misleading information either, but I don't have a lot of power to influence them. Encouraging people doing Disney news to better vet their information benefits everyone. Jack isn't the only person I have called out for this sort of thing in the past.

ptaylor

Premium Member
It is clear that the YouTube channel in question is taking info from this forum and elsewhere, repackaging it, and marketing the heck out out it. It appears to be quite a successful marketing operation, and is no doubt making good money from the YouTube ads that run alongside it.

As noted earlier, is is mostly clickbait and portrays rumor as fact.

ptaylor

Premium Member

Posting rumors and false information as fact for profit isn't a noble cause, no matter how much you like the guy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wish that you all held your "actual" news agencies to the same standard,

We do. Real news agencies print retractions, make apologies, and fire journalists who've skirted journalistic standards. That's what real news agencies do whether they're the major broadcasting ones or the major newspapers. People lose their jobs over this.

Don't confuse them with alternative media that pretend they're real news and doesn't have any of those standards.

PizzaPlanet

I never insulted anyone here, I have repeatedly said on countless occasions that I respect this forum, and the users within it.

If you don't get what the difference is between a Hook, as in a pulling factor, like when Disney says "It's the most magical place on earth" if you have a bad time that doesn't mean that they've lied, it's just a pulling factor to help define what they're offering. Whereas Clickbait is misleading content that never occurs within your video.

My videos are like every other News video/Talk Show video, you try and take the best bit and surmise it into the title.
The problem is that Disney news tends to come on an irregular basis, and every week is not necessarily going to be exciting. That creates a problem for people like you, since you try to release videos on a predetermined schedule. So when there are droughts of real information, you are then forced to talk about what could happen, or what's a possibility, and doesn't have a chance of happening anytime soon. Now whether you intend it or not, your audience will interpret it as "news," since you label yourself as a Disney news show. And I think that is where this issue is coming from.

Next Big Thing

Yes I wrote that, it's how YouTube operates, its not the best system for content creators to provide previews of their content, but it's what we have to work with. We can discuss reputation if you want, but it will differ depending on various perspectives. Plus it would only be a inward-looking self-indulgent measure which is not necessary. I'm a YouTube Channel, I try and provide concise, short form Disney news to the casual Disney-loving fan.
You act like no one else on here uses YouTube, is a creator or has ever watched a video by someone like Casey Neistat or Phillip DeFranco before (whom you seem to have ripped off the presentation of your show from).

I'm a creator myself with over 50K subs, but I haven't clickbaited my way there... i've WORKED to build an audience that will comeback no matter the thumbnail or title.

Most people here understand youtube and don't need you to talk to us like we've been living under a rock about it. We just don't like how you're blatantly using your platform to make money and seem not to care if you're being misleading to your subscribers or not.

IveBeenJack

You act like no one else on here uses YouTube, is a creator or has ever watched a video by someone like Casey Neistat or Phillip DeFranco before (whom you seem to have ripped off the presentation of your show from).

I'm a creator myself with over 50K subs, but I haven't clickbaited my way there... i've WORKED to build an audience that will comeback no matter the thumbnail or title.

Most people here understand youtube and don't need you to talk to us like we've been living under a rock about it. We just don't like how you're blatantly using your platform to make money and seem not to care if you're being misleading to your subscribers or not.

I was just simply explaining, as it seemed that people didn't know how limited YouTube can be for content previews.

I do not clickbait. I know it's an easy accusation to make, and we'll probably never agree on the definition of Clickbait Vs. News Titles.

I really do love Disney, I have loved Disney, the parks, the movies, the man, the inner workings, all my life. I am a loud and proud Disney fan, and it's really not fair to question someone's loyalty or dedication to Disney, unless you know more about them.

Next Big Thing

I was just simply explaining, as it seemed that people didn't know how limited YouTube can be for content previews.

I do not clickbait. I know it's an easy accusation to make, and we'll probably never agree on the definition of Clickbait Vs. News Titles.

I really do love Disney, I have loved Disney, the parks, the movies, the man, the inner workings, all my life. I am a loud and proud Disney fan, and it's really not fair to question someone's loyalty or dedication to Disney, unless you know more about them.
I'm not questioning your fandom at all. How can I unless I sat down, met you and maybe had a few drinks with you?

I actually really like the production quality of your show and your set, I think all the technical aspects are great and it's not surprising at all that a show like yours is popular do to how it's presented. That said...

With a big following comes big responsibility and misinformation on real world topics is already bad enough, but people really believe and trust you, Jack. @marni1971 recently said he would never post anything unless he knew there was a very solid chance of it happening and I think that's just something you need to think about. Sure it's fun to speculate, but do you want to become the Disney TMZ or do you want to become a respected Disney news source?

That choice is up to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom