One Little Spark- Season 2: The Quest for More Views Hype Thread

PerGron

Original Poster
One Little Spark Season 2: The Quest for More Views

--Overview--

The One Little Spark Competition is returning for a whole new season with whole new challenges and while new judges!

@PerGronStudio and @Outbound have stolen the Dreamfinder's Ship,which can take that one little spark of inspiration and turn it into wonderful creations, from @Pi on my Cake! Now, they're looking for some creative, talented, and fun Imagineers to come on a joy ride with us and make some amazing things!

We'll drive the ship, you guys imagine the stuff!

--Gameplay--

Once again, this will be a team based competition that will take place over 8 scenes (each scene is a new prompt or round).

These scenes will be divided over 3 acts of 1-3 scenes apiece, and each act will have it's own overarching theme for the scenes within the larger story of our joyride on the dreamfinder's stolen ship to help keep the competition constantly feeling fresh and exciting!

The entirety of this game will be taking place at the US parks of WDW and perhaps some in Disneyland, so for those who want to play in those parks, this is the game for you!

For each victory, the winning team earns a point. The team with greatest amount of points gets to elect one of their own to the finale as a finalist.

Solo rounds also contribute to each team's points. The winner of two of the three solo rounds goes to the finale. The Final finalist will be selected based on gameplay by the judges. To keep the open nature of the comp, these four finalists would get to privately draft the rest of the competitors into their owns teams. These teams are named after the contestant's favorite color (which they will put down in the application).

--The Two Teams--

Players will be divided up into two teams to compete against each other. Though, the main focus is having fun and creating awesome things more than getting tooooooo competitive.

The teams this time around are based on some competing colors, these are Team Red and Team Green.

Our goal is to keep teams together and not move people around too often so that teams can develop a good chemistry and maybe even a few friendships! If people do need to, for whatever reason, be switched around, it will be mostly in between acts.

While you will always be on a team together, you and your team may not always be working on a single project together. There are two different kinds of scenes in this game.

All for One: Group Based Projects will be more traditional team based game play where there is one prompt and the team will brainstorm and work together to develop one singular project together. All the team for one project.

One for All: Individual Based Projects will be feature a prompt where each member of the team will be working on their own solo project for it. These prompts will of course be simpler and less complicated since everyone is working solo. At the end of the round, the average score of all the projects submitted by a team will be the teams score. That way, if someone doesn't turn in a project, it won't hurt the rest of the team! Team brainstorming threads will still be sent out for these rounds and players are encouraged to help each other and brainstorm and talk about the project with their team! You are still a team even on the individual based rounds after all!

--Fun Focused--

The focus of the competition is on having fun and growing as armchair imagineers! We wanted to fill this summer timeslot with a fun comp that could help our new imagineers to the boards get into competitions. So, we're taking steps in setting up this competition to try to make it easy for everyone to compete if they would like!

The first major step is that projects will not be judged on detail. I'm not saying that a team of 8 turning in a 5 sentence project would be a good idea, but the focus is on hitting the important notes and communicating your idea effectively rather than on conveying every part of the whole experience. A well written paragraph can go just as far as a whole essay. That being said, if you do want to write and have the time to write an 81 page Fantasyland Expansion, I will happily skim read through it! Nothing wrong with detail, just don't feel pressured if the team doesn't have the time. Same with using reference photos vs. original artwork.

--How to Sign Up--

Are you interested in joining me on this joy ride in a magical journey into Grand Theft Dirigible 2?

Just answer these four simple quick questions:

What is your favorite armchair imagineering project you've worked on?
What would you say is your greatest strength as an armchair imagineer?
What is something you would like to try to improve on?
What is your favorite color?

The Competition starts July 5th, 2019!

The goal is to get 12 people, but the more the merrier! Or less works too of course.

--Theme Music--

Last edited:

NateD1226

OH YEAH! SIGN ME UP!

These two! I can't pick between the two haha:
Coming up with wild ideas! I can create some ideas that may never work in real life, but have fun tweaking them to make it work.
Naming and less stress about challenges and their progress. I would always like to be more calm when finishing a project before the time limit is up. Also, I can't name things haha
Purple

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Tough to choose one but one of the most satisfying was the Timber Peaks restaurant in SYWTBAI Season 13 because something similar (Geyser Point) now actually exists!
Trying to get the most out of others I suppose. Many of the team projects are better when everyone contributes a part.
Having more time :p
Blue

kmbmw777

My favorite project that I have worked on is probably DisneyCity from SYWTBAI S16. Working on it felt so real...

My greatest strength is my passion for whatever I am working on, which I try to make evident in a unique way.

I would like to improve on my art skills.

My favorite color(s) are maize and blue!

tcool123

Well it's been a while since I've done one of these things, but no better time than the present! 😁

Well Fantalusion from the Elite Eight 2015 is always a concept I come back to, and edit on my own time for the future.
And I enjoy the presentation, and lengths that I went to in order to create my Tomorrowland 55 proposal for The Creator Games.
And for something more recent I'd have to go with either Star Wars: Fragments of the Empire or The Magic Kingdom video game idea both from SYWTBAI S16

Once I have my sight set on something you best believe I'm going to get it done.
Or in the case for solo projects maintain it for several years, and start over :oops:

My Time Management skills. Procrastination gets the best of us 🤷‍♂️

Well on Wednesdays, Pink 😉
Every other day of the week however I like a nice dark Crimson or Navy Blue.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
One Little Spark Season 2: The Quest for More Views

--Overview--

The One Little Spark Competition is returning for a whole new season with whole new challenges and while new judges!

@PerGronStudio and @Outbound have stolen the Dreamfinder's Ship,which can take that one little spark of inspiration and turn it into wonderful creations, from @Pi on my Cake! Now, they're looking for some creative, talented, and fun Imagineers to come on a joy ride with us and make some amazing things!

We'll drive the ship, you guys imagine the stuff!

--Gameplay--

Once again, this will be a team based competition that will take place over 8 scenes (each scene is a new prompt or round).

These scenes will be divided over 3 acts of 1-3 scenes apiece, and each act will have it's own overarching theme for the scenes within the larger story of our joyride on the dreamfinder's stolen ship to help keep the competition constantly feeling fresh and exciting!

The entirety of this game will be taking place at the US parks of WDW and perhaps some in Disneyland, so for those who want to play in those parks, this is the game for you!

For each victory, the winning team earns a point. The team with greatest amount of points gets to elect one of their own to the finale as a finalist.

Solo rounds also contribute to each team's points. The winner of two of the three solo rounds goes to the finale. The Final finalist will be selected based on gameplay by the judges. To keep the open nature of the comp, these four finalists would get to privately draft the rest of the competitors into their owns teams. These teams are named after the contestant's favorite color (which they will put down in the application).

--The Two Teams--

Players will be divided up into two teams to compete against each other. Though, the main focus is having fun and creating awesome things more than getting tooooooo competitive.

The teams this time around are based on some competing colors, these are Team Red and Team Green.

Our goal is to keep teams together and not move people around too often so that teams can develop a good chemistry and maybe even a few friendships! If people do need to, for whatever reason, be switched around, it will be mostly in between acts.

While you will always be on a team together, you and your team may not always be working on a single project together. There are two different kinds of scenes in this game.

All for One: Group Based Projects will be more traditional team based game play where there is one prompt and the team will brainstorm and work together to develop one singular project together. All the team for one project.

One for All: Individual Based Projects will be feature a prompt where each member of the team will be working on their own solo project for it. These prompts will of course be simpler and less complicated since everyone is working solo. At the end of the round, the average score of all the projects submitted by a team will be the teams score. That way, if someone doesn't turn in a project, it won't hurt the rest of the team! Team brainstorming threads will still be sent out for these rounds and players are encouraged to help each other and brainstorm and talk about the project with their team! You are still a team even on the individual based rounds after all!

--Fun Focused--

The focus of the competition is on having fun and growing as armchair imagineers! We wanted to fill this summer timeslot with a fun comp that could help our new imagineers to the boards get into competitions. So, we're taking steps in setting up this competition to try to make it easy for everyone to compete if they would like!

The first major step is that projects will not be judged on detail. I'm not saying that a team of 8 turning in a 5 sentence project would be a good idea, but the focus is on hitting the important notes and communicating your idea effectively rather than on conveying every part of the whole experience. A well written paragraph can go just as far as a whole essay. That being said, if you do want to write and have the time to write an 81 page Fantasyland Expansion, I will happily skim read through it! Nothing wrong with detail, just don't feel pressured if the team doesn't have the time. Same with using reference photos vs. original artwork.

--How to Sign Up--

Are you interested in joining me on this joy ride in a magical journey into Grand Theft Dirigible 2?

Just answer these four simple quick questions:

The Competition starts July 5th, 2019!

The goal is to get 12 people, but the more the merrier! Or less works too of course.
View attachment 382340View attachment 382341
--Theme Music--

Curses!! Why did I leave the keys in there?!?! I was a fool!

Fortunately, these new thieves are well deserving of the Dream Ship and I can't wait to see what you guys do with the game!

I gotta figure out a few things with my schedule this summer before I commit that I can or can't do this. But it looks like you're off to good start!

Evilgidgit

Personal project, my S.E.A. cinematic universe and Alice in Wonderland park; group project, the Animal Kingdom parade we made in the first season of One Little Spark.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!

Handling non-Disney theme parks, handling restaurants and shops.

Red!

So...who is going to succeed my throne?
Dnl97VmVsAA4eui.png

Tux

Hmm..Like I said, probably not going to be as active in July, but, I could make room for it in my schedule along with Star Rod. 💙

As of now, One Sentence Competition Season 5, Episode 1.
I would have to say revising ideas and forming connections.
I would have to say, my ability to choose ride systems and my originality.
Orange and Cyan.

Imagineer Brandon

yeah, alright.
i really enjoyed the one sentence competition.
i think my descriptions do a good job at immersing the reader.
i have trouble with longer projects. i tend to go for relatively short or small scale rides/shows/whatever.
blue.

FireMountain

Y'know what, I'm in.

For an individual project, the Playground for Penguins for SYWTBAI. For a team project, either the videogame Fantasyland for OLS or DL New Tomorrowland for SA.

I'd have to say writing.

Actually doing more stuff this time (which should be possible due to it being summer)

Purple

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What the heck, I'll make time for this. I've been itching for another game!

As far as personal projects go, I've always adored my alternate history of Disneyland if Universal made a deal to keep Walt when he tried to leave from the preseason warm up rounds of Sywtbai 14. It All Started with a Rabbit.
As far as group stuff goes, it's so tough to choose! But #HippoSplatterWall was so incredibly fun back in Sorcerer's Apprentice season 5.

I'm very solid and I know how to make things solid. What elements make a project work well and go smoothly. Little plusses to add. Common mistakes to avoid.

Like I said, I'm very solid. But I rarely am able to rise above that. Jack of all trades, master of none. I'd like to really focus on improving my writing and getting out of my habit of settling for making projects just "solid"

Yellow. It's just a happy, bright color. Blue is a close second though. Like a darker blue. Sonic the Hedgehog blue.

Last edited:

Outbound

ON THE PATROL

911 received a call just yesterday reporting dreamfinder's ship had been found- only to be stolen once again. The original thief has since been detained. All units have been ordered in pursuit against the new robbers, who were last seen en route to Orlando.

"We had the situation entirely under control," said Police Chief Wiggum, "but then the big guys from Tokyo called."

shield_s4-png.373318

The Society of Explorers and Adventurers has claimed the renegade vehicle as their own, and will now begin their own independent search for the thieves. SEA is a powerful organization- grand theft dirigible beware!​

PerGron

Original Poster
9 Days Left to Sign Up!

So far we're at 10 players which is great, but we wanted to extend the invitation to anyone else who is interested. The game begins on July 5th with our first prompt. Until then, @Outbound and I are hiding out somewhere where S.E.A. hopefully can't find us. They'd never think to check here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom