One day park hopper vs. two one day tickets without.

DisDadWoz

So we are taking a quick trip to get away coming up. Mainly for relaxing at pool, eating and just getting away. We want to and will be going to EPCOT for Flower and Garden. We also have not been to HS since Star Wars was completed so we want to at least see that. With the price of tickets we thought it may be best to get a 1 day park hopper rather than 2 one day tickets to save some cash. While we want to hit up some rides if possible (would likely get Genie+ and maybe pay for a couple of rides) is this something that would work out for us? With the new set up with Genie plus, etc. it's all new for us again. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

MissViv

Not sure that they sell one day park hoppers. That would be my choice if they did. You could go to Epcot in the morning and take in HS at night.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

The difference in price between a two day, one-park-per-day ticket and a one-day park hopper (which is an option) is about $40 per person, depending on the days you are going. You said you wanted to save money, but you also said the main purpose of the trip was relaxation. You would need to decide if saving money (the park hopper) or going at a slower pace (the two-day ticket) is more important. With only one park day, I would feel stressed about getting to everything I want to do. If, however, you decide to go with the park hopper, I would go to the studios first since it could be difficult to get Lightning Lane spots for the Galaxy's Edge attractions later in the day.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Personally, I would do 2 day! Why add stress to a R & R trip! If you want to do Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers Run, I would get on GENIE+ at opening(7am) Other posts have said they sell out for THE DAY in a few minutes! I am sure others will give you advice on securing RotR and SR

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Getting to everything hasn't been part of our trips in a while. I think the main thing we want to do at DHS is ROTR and then walk around a little. If we get on Smugglers Run that's a bonus. We really only want to maybe try the new Remys ride at EPCOT. We mostly want to walk around and eat/drink there. I thought maybe the $$ savings would help pay for the pay to ride items.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only get a LL spot at 7am for the park you have reserved. You can then get another LL spot in another park after park hopping begins, but by then, they ones you mentioned will be gone. You also don't get to pick your LL return time.

So, if you have a reservation at the Studios, you can get up at 7am and make a LL reservation for RotR, but the return time might not be until late in the day. Even if you get a reservation before park hopping time at 2, by then the LL reservations for Remi will all be gone. Either way, with only a one-day park hopper, chances are you will need to ride one of them standby.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

I would suggest concentrating your efforts on the ABSOLUTE MUST DO attractions for the Genie+ if you're not much worried about the other rides then I would focus on RotR SR

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only get a LL spot at 7am for the park you have reserved. You can then get another LL spot in another park after park hopping begins, but by then, they ones you mentioned will be gone. You also don't get to pick your LL return time.

So, if you have a reservation at the Studios, you can get up at 7am and make a LL reservation for RotR, but the return time might not be until late in the day. Even if you get a reservation before park hopping time at 2, by then the LL reservations for Remi will all be gone. Either way, with only a one-day park hopper, chances are you will need to ride one of them standby.
That was the case for the virtual queues which are not being used currently.

Also both Rise and Remy are the Individual Lightning Lane rides, ILLs for short. For those you can choose times.

Onsite guests can book two at 7am, so OP could buy both RotR and Remy at 7am if they are staying onsite. Otherwise they would need to wait until the parks opened.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
That was the case for the virtual queues which are not being used currently.

Also both Rise and Remy are the Individual Lightning Lane rides, ILLs for short. For those you can choose times.

Onsite guests can book two at 7am, so OP could buy both RotR and Remy at 7am if they are staying onsite. Otherwise they would need to wait until the parks opened.
As we are staying at Boardwalk I think this is something we can at least try. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom