News One Day at Disney CM Documentary (Secret Project) D23 Announcement

waltography

Anyone see this part of the trailer for the series and think of the Matterhorn incident? Or is it just me?

giphy.gif

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
It's a book! No, it's a documentary! You guys, the Super Secret Project is a documentary! About Cast Members! Smiling Cast Members! And you can display it on your cocktail table watch in on Disney+! Once you buy it, obviously. But it's nice!

The folks at D23 are brilliant masterminds at building trust and creating consumer affinity, aren't they?

I wonder who runs D23 and controls communications for The Walt Disney Company? The same person does both, actually. https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/leaders/zenia-mucha/

It's amazing she still has a job.

Zorro

If this were a film based off of material taken from the "Mouse Tales" books and the recently published Bob D'Arcy memoir, it could actually be a lot of fun. As it is, I suspect that this will just be award bait - Golden Raspberry award bait that is.

TP2000

If this were a film based off of material taken from the "Mouse Tales" books and the recently published Bob D'Arcy memoir, it could actually be a lot of fun. As it is, I suspect that this will just be award bait - Golden Raspberry award bait that is.

Great point.

This entire documentary will be scrubbed and pre-cast thoroughly by HR and Legal. It won't feature too many white faces. It will feature plenty of women in traditionally male roles (Streetcar conductor, machinist, mechanic, welder, carpenter, Jungle Cruise Skipper, etc.). It will feature at least one woman wearing a Hijab. It will have at least two people who speak English as their second language and will need to be captioned. Everyone will smile. No one will say a word that hasn't been mushed by HR into verbal pablum.

And it will all be rather meaningless and very boring. Don't forget to subscribe to Disney+!

shambolicdefending

One thing I've really noticed recently is the total absence of self-awareness inside P&R management.

Somewhere in a Burbank boardroom this summer, after they were done patting themselves on the back for, yet again, ressurecting a tired old 1970s parade, they decided this documentary was not only a brilliant idea, but that it was worthy of a drama-inducing "secret" D23 announcement.

The disconnect from reality is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom