Onboard Gifts for Non-USD Payees

N-Disney-S

Original Poster
Hi All,
I'm looking to buy some "onboard gift" surprises before we leave for our DCL Alasta cruise on the Disney Wonder in August (2019). But as I did not buy in USD so cannot even *see* what is available :jawdrop:. Can anybody post some screen grabs of whats available? Not sure if anybody else will be interested, but from a selfish point of view I'm not looking for Cakes, Drinks or Flowers.

Oh, and I know I'll have to phone to order, but it is difficult to browse via the telephone. Who thought of that crazy idea?!?

Thanks!

N-Disney-S

Original Poster
I don't understand why paying for your cruise in US dollars would make a difference in what you can see on the DCL website. On the US website, you can order in-room gifts here: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/link-reservation

I was able to access this page, even after telling the website that I was paying in British pounds. I hope that works for you.
Sadly, no. When you do to the link you entered, you are prompted for details. I enter the reservation number and last name and it simply says "unrecognised". I emailed DCL directly and they acknowedge that you *must* phone them if you have not booked and paid for your cruise in USD. And you can not even see the items. Their only option is to phone them :(

Last edited:

N-Disney-S

Original Poster
Sadly, no. When you do to the link you entered, you are prompted for details. I enter the reservation number and last name and it simply says "unrecognised". I emailed DCL directly and they acknowedge that you *must* phone them if you have not booked and paid for your cruise in USD. And you can not even see the items. Their only option is to phone them :(
Confirmed via this link :confused::

Starwind

What is specifically available will depend on your cruise. I can see 79 items for ours - Dream, sailing out of PC.

Starwind

Sorry about the wonky image sizes for some of the screen captures, that is thanks to Firefox's screencapture feature :)

If you want details on any of them let me know and I can screencapture that item's specific info.

SW

Starwind

Also, Alaska will probably have some different or additional items than the above. But at least you have a starting point. Hopefully someone on an Alaska cruise can let you know what is different.

DisneyDids

Interesting. That almost certainly explains why I receive an error message when trying to access the onboard gift site for our August Northern European cruise which I booked via the Walt Disney Travel Company UK. Thanks for that useful snippet - how silly of me thinking that people from the UK should be able to use the website of a global company! 🙄 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom