News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

Magic Feather

First of all, why is Mansion getting an On-Ride Photo before much-more thrilling/ reaction-provoking attractions that still lack it. For instance:
  1. Big Thunder Mountain
  2. Barnstormer
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Primeval Whirl
  5. Mission: Space (okay, not really, but that would be hilarious)
  6. The Actual Drop on Pirates
  7. Anything in the Water Parks
Secondly, they tested Photopass on Mansion before with disastrous results. That test is why the installation of on-ride photos on dark rides has been prolonged so much.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
First of all, why is Mansion getting an On-Ride Photo before much-more thrilling/ reaction-provoking attractions that still lack it. For instance:
  1. Big Thunder Mountain
  2. Barnstormer
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Primeval Whirl

Because Mansion has the most hardcore fanboys of any ride outside of Disneyland's Pirates.

Secondly, they tested Photopass on Mansion before with disastrous results. That test is why the installation of on-ride photos on dark rides has been prolonged so much.
If they tested it and it failed in the past and now they're going live, wouldn't that tell you they fixed whatever it is that didn't work?

Castle Cake Apologist

If it had been there all along, and they were removing it now, there would be crying, nostalgiarama, and commemorate t-shirts.

Probably not, because the group of legendary Imagineers who designed the Mansion in the 60s would likely not have put a bright flash of light at the beginning of a dark ride in the first place, especially after all the care and set up that went into adjusting the riders' eyes to the darkness. Depending on the severity of the flash, this could potentially cause guests to be unable to see the rest of the attraction as their eyes scramble to readjust to the dark. There's a reason that you go through progressively darker preshows before boarding the attraction.

Besides, the spirits are frightfully sensitive to bright lights.

Last edited:

yedliW

I like the idea, and have said for years it should be added, but I think it should be at the end of the ride.. when the Hitchhiking Ghosts are doing their thing on the riders. That would make for a cool (and add to re-rideablity to get more poses).

While they're at it, can they move space mountain's photo spot to a location that captures more thrills? Such a wasted shot on a relatively basic turn before all the fun..

On the subject of changing/moving current on-ride photos, they should add a second camera on the other side of Test Track to use in the mornings. As it is now, if you ride in the morning, you come out of the dark show building, look right at the rising sun and click.. there goes your picture with everyone covering their faces, shading the sun.. Use that camera in the afternoon when the sun isn't right in your face.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
On-ride photos were fun, originally, because they caught you in a moment of fear. What is the point of these? You might be enjoying the attraction but your face is certain to look anything but excited in a photo.
I agree. Quite a few of the on ride photos are done at times you have a blank expression on your face: Pirates, Buzz, Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After (with the rare exception), etc. Haunted Mansion, while a favorite of mine will fit in this category (hince why we as a family strive to make a funny/quirky picture)
But Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Rock'n Roller Coaster are ones that work and get a good expression.

Goofyque'

1. Big Thunder Mountain
  2. Barnstormer
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Primeval Whirl
This is a great list! I want them too, keep waiting for BTMR. Still glad about HM.

donaldtoo

And, I’m sure there will be none of the usual on-ride photo shenanigans either...

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom