News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

KBLovedDisney

What's next? A photo during JII's Finale when Figment says "imagination is a blast!" I'm sure most of the time the photo's look more like this the percentage of the time due to no one knowing when it's happening....
maxresdefault.jpg
tumblr_mlum31RdOW1rjxj9ko1_400.gif

Stop! Don't give them anymore ideas!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't see the problem.

It’s called night blindness.
Exactly. After spending five minutes groping about in the dark hallway just after the stretching room, your eyes are just barely used to the dark. A bright flash right in your face, and you're going to need another 5 minutes to re-adapt. By that time, you'll be cursing the Little Bride at the end...

Clamman73

If it looks like the example pic, it’s more of a black and white photo or the like so it doesn’t have to be that great of quality pic and today’s sensors can get away with low light but still fast enough shutter to get a good pic.

ThatMouse

I don't really care for this, because it's an extra fee. You have to screenshot the low res version to share it. The quality of the shots is just not there. Flash pictures are terrible, but people pay $150 for this for some reason.

Janir

I'm actually looking forward to having PhotoPass pictures of the ride. We always get the PhotoPass and I like having some of the ride pictures. I doubt Disney will just have a big flash in the face at the start of the ride as they can take a picture in relatively lower lighting with a larger aperture, faster lens setup and iso changes. They know how to take pictures in the dark and make it work.

Disney Dad 3000

Don't mind them adding PP like this, as long as it doesn't throw off the experience. Most of these photos, like FEA, end up bwing garbage anyway. What bugs me most about them is all the framing they put on the image that takes up half the shot.

SoupBone

I'll take a wait-and-see approach. Modern digital photography can do wonders without flash if the setup is done properly. It's conceivable there could be an on-ride photo without flash or even one with flash that blends into the ride effects, for example, in the portrait hall they have lightning flashes that might hide the camera flash.

Until someone rides and can report where and how it's done, everything is speculation.

You mean you're going to wait and see and not negatively prejudge? How dare you sir!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can't do anything about the on-ride photo being taken, but you can do things to prevent it from being seen... ;)

I wonder what would happen if you turned on a cell phone light and pointed it at the camera...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom