On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

el_super

I'm still scratching my head on why they tough it was a good idea to lay off more people while restoring executive bonuses.. aaah priorities!

Some of those executives were making the decisions on which people to keep and which were to be laid off. That is a heavy weight to put on anyone, and especially so with a company that is entwined as Disney is. I know it feels cliche, but there were a lot of people with literally decades of friendship being made to break up their family.

In the end though, it's their job as an executive and its only fair that they got paid to do their job.

Goofyernmost

Glad to know you know what makes everyone else tick. It's a reflection on you that you think everyone else is so motivated by money and power to the degree that Bob Iger has been.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Capitalism. "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life." If any CEO doesn't have that motivation they also do not last long in that world. Don't kid yourself, Walt himself worked for the money. He might have used the money to realize his dreams, but he always had to be motivated by money. You don't get to your dreams without it.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Glad to know you know what makes everyone else tick. It's a reflection on you that you think everyone else is so motivated by money and power to the degree that Bob Iger has been.
I'm glad to know you can read his mind.

And disagreeing with decisions he's made isn't the same thing.

Lilofan

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Capitalism. "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life." If any CEO doesn't have that motivation they also do not last long in that world. Don't kid yourself, Walt himself worked for the money. He might have used the money to realize his dreams, but he always have to be motivated by money. You don't get to your dreams without it.
Thanks for explaining the facts of life.

Lilofan

Some of those executives were making the decisions on which people to keep and which were to be laid off. That is a heavy weight to put on anyone, and especially so with a company that is entwined as Disney is. I know it feels cliche, but there were a lot of people with literally decades of friendship being made to break up their family.

In the end though, it's their job as an executive and its only fair that they got paid to do their job.
Companies also hire outside human resources consultants to help them advise on layoffs / restructuring. The outside company does not have any feelings on who stays and who goes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
" In this country you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women ."
- Tony Montana ( Al Pacino ) Scarface 1983

Don’t jinx us...the DC policy are probably forming a perimeter Incase they have to get Tony out right now 🤪

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's nice to be on a discussion board on which no one here ever is motivated by money or power like the evil Iger is.

Post pics of your halos!!
1609119575017.png

TrainsOfDisney

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Capitalism. "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life." If any CEO doesn't have that motivation they also do not last long in that world. Don't kid yourself, Walt himself worked for the money. He might have used the money to realize his dreams, but he always had to be motivated by money. You don't get to your dreams without it.
A bit of a cynical way to look at it.

I don’t think everyone who gets to their dreams works only for money.

Parker in NYC

Well, many defend it. Not being argumentative, just making light of all of the “it’s a business” libertarians and independents (ha) here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom