On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Lilofan

There is a very interesting thread relevant to this started within the last hour over on reddit:

It’s early in the discussion there and more responses continue to be coming in, but so far ‘lack of communication’ and ‘rumors of more layoffs soon’ are dominant themes.

The stories the many cast members still on furlough are very sad to read.

Ldno

The axe is falling indeed on all markets.

This morning my girlfriend’s flight got cancelled for December out of the blue. Then removed booking Wednesdays alltogether because of a “government” decision, the reduced flights leaving will make her have a 12 hour layover at an airport, thank goodness her reservation window for dining/stuff is not set in stone, because it was easy to move the reservations for the parks a day and she still has some time.

Can you imagine if airlines did this a month closer to the flight? She would had been out of luck With the reservation system at the parks if they were sold out.

My question is does Magical Express run 24/7? She gets there right at 5am...

JoeCamel

This morning my girlfriend’s flight got cancelled for December out of the blue. Then removed booking Wednesdays alltogether because of a “government” decision, the reduced flights leaving will make her have a 12 hour layover at an airport, thank goodness her reservation window for dining/stuff is not set in stone, because it was easy to move the reservations for the parks a day and she still has some time.

Can you imagine if airlines did this a month closer to the flight? She would had been out of luck With the reservation system at the parks if they were sold out.

I booked a trip for this week three weeks ago. The flights have changed three times since then with the nonstop becoming a connecting flight.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’m not sure about the current operations but I flew overnight from Anaheim to Orlando a couple years back and got in at either 4 or 4:30 am. By the time I picked up my bag and got to magical express they were checking people in and boarding a bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom