On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Lilofan

Hours are being cut.. we are already into the spring of next year before some hotels are even planing on opening, if they do.. numerous insiders along with cm’s that have heard things say nighttime fireworks won’t be happening until next year sometime.. conventions and business meetings still being cancelled for the rest of the year in Orlando.. parks not even hitting capacity on most days except for on occasion the weekend. You can say what you like but if you just open your eyes and see what’s going on.. also listen to people more in the know then us here.. it’s very plain to see. Nothing wrong with having rose colored glasses on, that I’ll give you but it’s also bad to assume things. Just take a look around.
I've been through major airports recently. There so many dining facilities closed up except the occasional fast food options. Hours haven't been cut there. Thy have been eliminated.

Miss Bella

Hours are being cut.. we are already into the spring of next year before some hotels are even planing on opening, if they do.. numerous insiders along with cm’s that have heard things say nighttime fireworks won’t be happening until next year sometime.. conventions and business meetings still being cancelled for the rest of the year in Orlando.. parks not even hitting capacity on most days except for on occasion the weekend. You can say what you like but if you just open your eyes and see what’s going on.. also listen to people more in the know then us here.. it’s very plain to see. Nothing wrong with having rose colored glasses on, that I’ll give you but it’s also bad to assume things. Just take a look around.
And this is all being done without knowledge of whether a “second wave” will hit. Could actually get worse .
Park hoppers and water park tickets are being sold on next year's packages that's a good sign. We may not have a second wave and things may not get worse. I don't think anyone is unaware of the recession. This isn't our first recession nor our last. It's not rose-colored glasses it's called being positive that we will get through this like we always do. Successful people are not negative,

Lilofan

Park hoppers and water park tickets are being sold on next year's packages that's a good sign. We may not have a second wave and things may not get worse. I don't think anyone is unaware of the recession. This isn't our first recession nor our last. It's not rose-colored glasses it's called being positive that we will get through this like we always do. Successful people are not negative,
In my lifetime there has never been a situation where so many people, their businesses, employment etc are in these situations. Successful people are also realistic.

rowrbazzle

That should be encouraging, but Disney was also taking reservations for dates this summer despite apparently having no intention of opening. They just announced they were keeping the Polynesian closed until Summer 2021. Punting on the highest rates of the year, along with next Spring Break and Easter, seems like a bad sign for expected demand. 😕 I agree we'll get through it, though.

Miss Bella

That should be encouraging, but Disney was also taking reservations for dates this summer despite apparently having no intention of opening. They just announced they were keeping the Polynesian closed until Summer 2021. Punting on the highest rates of the year, along with next Spring Break and Easter, seems like a bad sign for expected demand. 😕 I agree we'll get through it, though.
I would expect as they increase capacity park hoppers will return. I wonder what their plan is for managing it with park reservations? Hopefully, they plan on increasing ride capacity otherwise there's going to be some really long lines. Discounts for 2021 would be the best sign.

legwand77

I would expect as they increase capacity park hoppers will return. I wonder what their plan is for managing it with park reservations? Hopefully, they plan on increasing ride capacity otherwise there's going to be some really long lines. Discounts for 2021 would be the best sign.
I could see that being the case, hard to manage capacity limits with park hoppers.

DisneyDebRob

I am a very positive person and always hope for the best. I also never assume things. I’m hoping for the absolute best so I can reschedule my 2 times canceled trip which is now January, but I also know that things could get worse.

Nubs70

Give it time.
On eviction moratoriums:

If you own a rental property, renter is past due and cannot be evicted. Who pays the mortgage on the rental property?

When the owner of the rental property cannot pay the mortgage, can the bank forclose on the property?

When the bank forcloses on the rental property, can the bank evict the renter?

drizgirl

On eviction moratoriums:

If you own a rental property, renter is past due and cannot be evicted. Who pays the mortgage on the rental property?

When the owner of the rental property cannot pay the mortgage, can the bank forclose on the property?

When the bank forcloses on the rental property, can the bank evict the renter?
Come back next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom