On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Ldno

I think the OP and the rumor guys have jumped ship to other boards, it’s all quiet here now, but you can look at at facebook groups of disney employees to read their layoffs stories if need be.

Piebald

Layoffs are coming, if they haven’t already occurred. As the OP suggested, there’s enough bloat that some cuts will be “good” for the company by adding efficiency and decreasing redundancy or extraneous work (of course those are still real people losing their jobs so it’s not rosey for everyone). The layoffs will affect the park staff though attrition from the College Program and International CMs will help lessen the impact on total number of “regular” CMs in Orlando.

I think where the OP’s message seems to have gone astray is in terms of the “precarious” financial situation of the company and/or the impact on Iger’s status and his legacy. At least based on the quarterly report, the company seems to be managing fine and will be able to weather the storm of the pandemic for a while. I see little indication that the company is viewed as mismanaged or “in trouble”
Yeah for sure. Financially Disney and Universal are taking a beating, but it's like Captain America taking a severe beating. He will be OK.

Now the ripple effect of the theme parks taking a beating? That...is the scary thing. In a city whose economy is almost entirely based on tourism

Heppenheimer

As a Philly area native, my lifelong reaction to people saying they were going down the shore has been

I grew up around Philly, and it was a common term that was generally understood, except among new transplants to the area.

And because of this damn pandemic, this year I had to cancel trips to both Disney World and DOWN THE SHORE to Ocean City.

Heppenheimer

Maybe a pizza or a hot roast pork sandwich, but I'll stick to Philly for the cheesesteak.
I include Philly and South Jersey in the same sphere for cheesesteaks. Its one of the few regions of the US where you can consistently get the right kind of bread. Start off with the wrong bread, and there's no saving the cheesesteak, no matter how many pictures of the Liberty Bell, Eagles, Phillies, Sixers or Flyers you hang up in your deli, or how "authentic" you claim it is.

And don't get me started on the use of "Philadelphia cream cheese"....

SpoiledBlueMilk

I include Philly and South Jersey in the same sphere for cheesesteaks. Its one of the few regions of the US where you can consistently get the right kind of bread. Start off with the wrong bread, and there's no saving the cheesesteak, no matter how many pictures of the Liberty Bell, Eagles, Phillies, Sixers or Flyers you hang up in your deli, or how "authentic" you claim it is.

And don't get me started on the use of "Philadelphia cream cheese"....

100%. The bread is the key ingredient. Outside of that area, you can't replicate it. Only thing in DC that comes close is Capriotti's and that's because they were founded in Delaware and are within the radius to get the bread right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom