OMG it's finally happened! Mmm Canada!

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
According to DFB (Disney Food Blog) Epcots Refreshment Port is now offering Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Poutine!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...and-poutine-debut-at-epcots-refreshment-port/

All together now - It's about freakin time!

Now if they would start getting a plan in action as to how to use the buildings at the top of the stairs, Canada would finally be a more complete and fully developed Pavilion.

JIMINYCR

Thats great news. Canada needs more to get guests taking notice. Love that Cheddar Cheese soup. The Poutines tasty but not as much a favorite of mine.

Phonedave

While it sounds good, that’s NOT poutine! :facepalm:

And I for one don't find the cheddar cheese soup something to write home about. I would much rather have brown gravy on the fries than the soup. While Canada (and parts of New Hampshire) may have poutine, New Jersey has DIsco Fries - which are the same as poutine, but instead of cheese curds it's either American cheese or Mozzarella cheese - every diner in NJ has them on the menu. Soup does not go on fries.

-dave

castlecake2.0

In the past Canada F&B operated the refreshment port before it was given to Epcot ODF. There were talks at one point returning it to Canada to act as the pavilions quick serve again. This looks like a potential test? It was also looked into opening the chateau for food service but it was said it was not logistically practical in the 5 year plan for the area (as of 2014).

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
In the past Canada F&B operated the refreshment port before it was given to Epcot ODF. There were talks at one point returning it to Canada to act as the pavilions quick serve again. This looks like a potential test? It was also looked into opening the chateau for food service but it was said it was not logistically practical in the 5 year plan for the area (as of 2014).

Well I certainly hope this we be the case! I would love to see Canada with a actual CS and as I said before see the shuttered Chateau and other building reused.

castlecake2.0

Well I certainly hope this we be the case! I would love to see Canada with a actual CS and as I said before see the shuttered Chateau and other building reused.
It is quite nice inside though it would need a refurb. It’s used for storage but still intact for the most part. There’s not really enough room for a full kitchen. Food would most likely have to be prepared elsewhere and brought up.

The building opposite was never fully finished and is used as storage as well but originally was planned to be a tourist office.
75F47142-8A0C-4C0A-B8FE-4FA4DDC57532.png

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
It is quite nice inside though it would need a refurb. It’s used for storage but still intact for the most part. There’s not really enough room for a full kitchen. Food would most likely have to be prepared elsewhere and brought up.

The building opposite was never fully finished and is used as storage as well but originally was planned to be a tourist office.
View attachment 258041

I remember that store! Pretty fancy place. I think with a little elbow grease it would be a great spot for a pub with a small menu possible some of the popular items offered below in Le Cellier.

castlecake2.0

I remember that store! Pretty fancy place. I think with a little elbow grease it would be a great spot for a pub with a small menu possible some of the popular items offered below in Le Cellier.
I agree. Maybe some outdoor seating on the terrace outside and throw in a fiddle player offering some Celtic Canadian tunes for entertainment and I’d be happy!

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I agree. Maybe some outdoor seating on the terrace outside and throw in a fiddle player offering some Celtic Canadian tunes for entertainment and I’d be happy!

Yes! With a few types of Poutine, cheese soup, etc etc.
Maybe open the building next door and offer beaver tails, Canadian Bagels and bannocks for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom