OMG - Disney World Here I Come - Again

disney4life2008

I just found out my job is sending me to Orlando for a conference November 12 - 16, 2014. How on earth did this happen why I tried to maintain composure that they were sending me to Orlando (but Disneyworld at that), lol. And I can stay anywhere (with respectable limits of course) - so I checked the dates and everything on disney property is booked. So to the drawing boards I go. The official conference hotel is The Caribe Royale so I may just stay there. But who cares - I am going back to Disneyworld and I think the christmas decorations will be up!!! :)

Not to mention my job is sending me to LA next month and I may be going to to the Disneyland Halloween Party. This is just too much.:joyfull:

Last edited:

mmkr03

Please help - everytime I put in November 12 - 16, 2014 (party of 1) it shows everything as unavailable for the dates and party size I selected. The ones that show availability are the very expensive hotels that is beyond the budget. I was looking more at the values and moderates - any availability at those? What am I doing wrong?

It looks the Disney is defaulting the search results to the "Late Fall Room Offer" and that seems to be filling up. If you click on the "Room Rates" tab on any of the resorts pages and then click room only there is much more availability

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
If you go to an individual resort and search without a discount, it brings up availability. I saw standard rooms at Pop, ASMusic, CBR and both Port Orleans resorts for those dates that way =) If I go to the big page where it searches all the resorts at once, it finds no availability because it's searching with the fall discount.
It looks the Disney is defaulting the search results to the "Late Fall Room Offer" and that seems to be filling up. If you click on the "Room Rates" tab on any of the resorts pages and then click room only there is much more availability

Thank you - I have never known the site to automatically go to to the special offer discounts that is why I could not find them before. Your posts are very helpful and I was able to find POP Century for $119. Right now my options are between staying on site at POP or the host hotel for the conference The Caribe Royale (which is not too far from the main gates).

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Hope you can fit in enough Disney time to enjoy. My DS had a conference in Orlando, stayed at Swan but only got a couple of hours to play. His district Managers wanted to talk business at dinner and then the bar after hours so that cut into more Disney time. By the end of his conference days he had only gotten 5 hours in to play. The next year the conference was in Calif. so he was looking forward to DL. By the time the conference meetings let out the parks were closing up and it wasnt worth buying park tickets. He only saw DL from his window view.
What a mean boss! Who plans a convention at WDW and then does not allow the employees some time to enjoy it? They might as well had the convention in Omaha, there is nothing to do here. LOL

Upvote 0

smk

I just found out my job is sending me to Orlando for a conference November 12 - 16, 2014. How on earth did this happen why I tried to maintain composure that they were sending me to Orlando (but Disneyworld at that), lol. And I can stay anywhere (with respectable limits of course) - so I checked the dates and everything on disney property is booked. So to the drawing boards I go. The official conference hotel is The Caribe Royale so I may just stay there. But who cares - I am going back to Disneyworld and I think the christmas decorations will be up!!! :)

Not to mention my job is sending me to LA next month and I may be going to to the Disneyland Halloween Party. This is just too much.:joyfull:
I want your job...

Upvote 0

diznyboyz

Please help - everytime I put in November 12 - 16, 2014 (party of 1) it shows everything as unavailable for the dates and party size I selected. The ones that show availability are the very expensive hotels that is beyond the budget. I was looking more at the values and moderates - any availability at those? What am I doing wrong?
I would call Disney reservations directly. Talking to an actual cast member might give you a different outcome.... good luck. I have a conference in Orlando in February of next year! Have fun working!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I would call Disney reservations directly. Talking to an actual cast member might give you a different outcome.... good luck. I have a conference in Orlando in February of next year! Have fun working!

I did not get a chance to call today but will try Sunday or Monday. Work in Orlando - those two things just dont mesh well :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom