OMG. Captain Cook's

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
I'm leaving for the Polynesian tomorrow. We've had our booking since the summer, and I have been looking forward to seeing the new Captain Cook's.

Unsure of whether Captain Cook's (in its proper location) will be open or not, I've been checking Tikiman's site very closely. Well, the news finally came in. Check out the November 20th update under 'New in 2006'.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/poly2_55.html

Now that was a shock! Self serve Dole Whips, Tonga Toast, what does the new Captain Cook's not have?!

I just wanted to share this with anybody who loves the Polynesian and/or Dole Whips. :sohappy:

KrazyKowboy

Sorry to not know, but what are dole whips??

A dole whip can be bought at Aloha Isle in Adventure Land. It's a creamy soft serve icecream that comes in Chocolate, Vanilla, and Pineapple You can also get a Dolewhip Pineapple float. It's absolutely to die for!

Dole Whip Float
WDW-Sept2006-504-1.jpg

Maryssa*

As if I needed another reason to cry over not being able to afford the poly for a while :(
This is amazing news though!

tink rules

I know it's silly... but the ice cream place near me (the local drive in...) does dole whips during the summer... all kind of crazy flavors!!! I love the Black Cherry and Black Raspberry the best.... I know.... Dole whips with pineapple juice rule!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad to see what they have done with Capt. Cooks!!! I am hoping to go down next October and I think it's great how they did it over... Tonga toast without going up to Kona???? Now I can only get them to start serviing Eggs Benedict....

DigitalDisney

This is amazing news

Captain Cooks was one of my fav places to eat in WDW (mainly because of the location). Now they have an outstanding menu plus DOLE WHIPS!

I'm going to drop $20 on lunch every time now. :)

Mufasa's Pride

Yes........Cook finally gets the space it deserves. So, where or will the large gift shop on the 1st floor that Cook kicked out get replaced? What will become of the old Cook's space?

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
Mufasa-Captain Cook's kicked out some old clothing stores. They weren't needed anymore, since Boutiki opened up in the GCH. Boutiki is a giant shop with clothing, Polynesian souveneirs, practically everything.

I'm really excited to see how the Poly will change over the next few months/years. I was very impressed with Boutiki when I saw it, and I'm sure I will fall in love with the new-and-improved Captain Cook's.

Mufasa's Pride

So, Cook is on the 1st floor to the left and Boutiki is on the whole right side on the 2nd floor of the GCH? What replaced the old 's GCH position? Is the Disney art and statue place still ther? My last visit to Poly was November 2005 and my memory is a little foggy.

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
New Captain Cook's is totally awesome! Thanks for the pics. I'm going there tomorrow for dinner no matter what.

And does this mean the arcade is open as well? Awesome, I didn't know it was opening so quickly.

Mufasa-There are currently 4 things on the first floor. Boutiki, Wyland Galleries, Captain Cook's, and (to my surprise) the arcade.

On the second floor you will find Ohana, Kona Cafe, Tambu Lounge, Robinson Crusoe (another gift shop) and Samoa Snacks (has snacks and stuff).

Boutiki is to the left of the GCH entrance. Captain Cook's is toward the back of the GCH, and the arcade is adjacent to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom