Ole Swan ieee resort is mighty nice

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
Real quick, just really wanted to show my appreciation to the Swan resort. My wife and I stayed one night for my birthday and I gotta say it was pretty awesome. Our "no view" view was of the tower of terror, boardwalk and the river boats... I kinda want that view all the time now.. The resort isn't overwhelming, nor super crowded. The Swan and Dolphin connect to present you this grand stylized resort just a bridge away from the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach club.. Your basically right in between Epcot and Studios. I totally felt in the Disney bubble. I really just wanted to let people know, don't be in a hurry and pass this up, look twice, it's really nice...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Still the best value of any hotel on property for my money. Location-Service-Dining factors are all very high while the price is much less than comparable Disney-managed hotels.

When comparing value you must factor in resort and parking fees. If you can get it for $30 less a night (factoring all that in for a four night stay- plus enough time you can enjoy Boadwalk) than a moderate. It’s a steal. If you can get those four nights on points. It’s criminal.

I do that every other year. Accumulate SPG oops Bonvoy points for a 4 night night stay.

Edited to say: careful in October. When the Gartner Conference is going on. It pops the bubble.

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

When comparing value you must factor in resort and parking fees. If you can get it for $30 less a night (factoring all that in for a four night stay- plus enough time you can enjoy Boadwalk) than a moderate. It’s a steal. If you can get those four nights on points. It’s criminal.

I do that every other year. Accumulate SPG oops Bonvoy points for a 4 night night stay.

Edited to say: careful in October. When the Gartner Conference is going on. It pops the bubble.
Honestly, the Swan is so much nicer than any moderate on property. I'd pay well over Moderate rates to stay at Swan and Dolphin.

It blows any Disney Moderate out of the water. I compare it favorably to some Deluxe resorts.

I used to be able to book it on SPG points for New Year's.. those were the days... No more now that Marriott calls the shots. The points redemption went through the roof unfortunately.

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
Yeah you have to look for good deals because the $30 resort fee and the $25 parking adds up real quick. With that being said, I hope to go back soon..

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Love the Swolphin. Sometimes can get it for $150 OTD.
Doing a last minute trip this weekend (Thursday to Sunday) and the grabbed a rate of $136 a night ($185 a night with all in fees). It really can be the best value depending on thier conference/convention schedule and time of year.

Joesixtoe

Original Poster
Th
Doing a last minute trip this weekend (Thursday to Sunday) and the grabbed a rate of $136 a night ($185 a night with all in fees). It really can be the best value depending on thier conference/convention schedule and time of year.
That's the same price we paid for a night.. I hope you have a great time

yaksplat

The price is great unless you drive there and need a cot. With the resort fee, the fee total came out to nearly $100 per day. Our cheap, $158/night room ended up costing us $30 less per night than the remainder of our trip at the polynesian. I'm not a fan of paying resort fees of $2 on a breakfast sandwich on top of the other fees, and fees on fess and taxes on fees on fees. Yes, I realize that the room and resort taxes are a state thing, but the rest are just silly.

If all of these fees were disclosed up front, instead of at check in, we would have skipped staying there all together.

The location was nice, but that was the only positive that we got out of our stay there.

Room Chrg Government
158.34​
Room Tax
$10.29​
Resort Tax
$9.50​
Resort Service Package
$28.00​
Resort Service Package - Tax
$1.82​
Resort Tax- Resort Svc. Pkg
$1.68​
Rollaway
$25.00​
Room Tax - Other
$1.63​
Resort Tax Other
$1.50​
Parking Overnight - Self
$23.00​
Sales Tax
$1.50​

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The price is great unless you drive there and need a cot. With the resort fee, the fee total came out to nearly $100 per day. Our cheap, $158/night room ended up costing us $30 less per night than the remainder of our trip at the polynesian. I'm not a fan of paying resort fees of $2 on a breakfast sandwich on top of the other fees, and fees on fess and taxes on fees on fees. Yes, I realize that the room and resort taxes are a state thing, but the rest are just silly.

If all of these fees were disclosed up front, instead of at check in, we would have skipped staying there all together.

The location was nice, but that was the only positive that we got out of our stay there.

Room Chrg Government
158.34​
Room Tax
$10.29​
Resort Tax
$9.50​
Resort Service Package
$28.00​
Resort Service Package - Tax
$1.82​
Resort Tax- Resort Svc. Pkg
$1.68​
Rollaway
$25.00​
Room Tax - Other
$1.63​
Resort Tax Other
$1.50​
Parking Overnight - Self
$23.00​
Sales Tax
$1.50​
Yeah everyone’s situation is a bit different. It’s judt me and my wife so a cot is never needed. I am curious how it was almost as expensive as the Polynesian though because that’s consistently around 400 a night plus parking. We are paying $136 and it comes out to about 200 with fees and parking. That’s still 200 less than the yacht club and Polynesian.

PolynesianPrincess

My mother gets points through Starwood (or Marriott I think it is now) so we usually get a free week there every other year. We have to pay the resort fee and for the additional person but it's still cheaper than a moderate, and actually, even a value. We're staying there in January for a week for $432.. Can't beat it for $62 a night! While it may not be Disney themed, we love the location because it's so close to Epcot and DHS.

PolynesianPrincess

Renting points at the polynesian came out to $290/night with no parking fees. Quite a steal in comparison.

We've rented points before but we've found availability to be lacking recently and the place we rent from asks for a huge deposit within 48 hours of booking and since we're usually saving for 2-3 trips per year, we don't have that chunk of change to throw down on a deposit up front. If there's another place that doesn't require a big deposit, we would totally be down for renting points on years we don't use our Swalphin points :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom