old wdw costumes

epcot71

Original Poster
i was looking at some old photo albums and wdw books from the mid 80s and seen some of the old costumes that i thought were kinda cool that have now since changed.2 that come to mind are the costodial cast members wore a boot leggins and a foreign(did i spell that right?) legion hat.also remember the old monorail pilot cast member uniforms-they wore kinda a lime green hard baseball hat that kinda looked cool too-any others u guys miss????

Monorail Lime

Fun fact: The paint job on monorail lime was inspired by the old monorails uniforms, which were light green in color with blue details.

Maria

I know I will NOT miss when the green and yellow boatride costumes in the Mexican Pavillion are finally gone... :rolleyes:

The costume itself for the boatride is nice, but the colors..... what were they thinking???!!! :hurl:

epcot71

Original Poster
anyone have any pics of those monorail uniforms-and maria i dont care how funky the colors were i bet u looked cute in them!;) ;) ;) ;) :;) ;)

Maria

Originally posted by epcot71
anyone have any pics of those monorail uniforms-and maria i dont care how funky the colors were i bet u looked cute in them!;) ;) ;) ;) :;) ;)

LOL! Thank you! I´ll see if I can find a pic of me in that costume, so you can see what I´m talking about! Looks like a parrot! :lol: ;)

Invero

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
Fun fact: The paint job on monorail lime was inspired by the old monorails uniforms, which were light green in color with blue details.

They were also quite hideous! If I had a scanner, I'd scan some pics of them in... but alas... the meager wages of a Monorail Pilot do not permit such luxuries... *pitiful sigh* ANY DONATIONS????? lol :)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Not only have cast member costumes changed over the years, so have some of the charcaters. I think the old Winnie the Pooh costume, (with the hunny pot on his head), was much cuter than todays version.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by steve2wdw
Not only have cast member costumes changed over the years, so have some of the charcaters. I think the old Winnie the Pooh costume, (with the hunny pot on his head), was much cuter than todays version.

true.. but a lot of them now look like the movie, rather than a deranged football mascot..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom